House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
turner

New-Brighton, Nice Place To Live?

Hello!

I am planning to move to New Brighton (near Liverpool ) and I would like to know what the life is there? I am French (retired) and would like to settle few month there.

Thanks.

Hello!

I am planning to move to New Brighton (near Liverpool ) and I would like to know what the life is there? I am French (retired) and would like to settle few month there.

Thanks.

It would be towards the bottom of the list of places to live in Liverpool if I had to choose

Hello!

Thanks.

Sacre bloody bleu, surely there must be places in rural France about a zillion times nicer!

Thanks for the answers, I must be crazy but I have always prefered to live in England rather than in my own country! I am just looking for a quit sea view flat so New Brighton seemed to be a good place.

It would be towards the bottom of the list of places to live in Liverpool if I had to choose

Is New Brighton so awful? Is it a problem of insecuritiy?

Thanks for the answers, I must be crazy but I have always prefered to live in England rather than in my own country! I am just looking for a quit sea view flat so New Brighton seemed to be a good place.

Is New Brighton so awful? Is it a problem of insecuritiy?

What about Lytham?

Lytham seems to be a nice city but away from Liverpool airport and there is no direct flight to France from Blackpool.

I may be flogging the suggestion a bit but there is a direct rail service from Blackpool North to Manchester Airport (1hr 30mins) or Lytham (change at Preston, 1hr 50mins).

Edited by Bootsox

[i have family in the area so know it pretty well, and to be honest, it's not a great place - lot's of social housing tenants with various 'problems'. It probably looks nice on first viewing - lots of lovely old buildings but most are split into flats/bedsits.

If you like the general area, Wallasey is much better and if you really want to go a bit upmarket, there is always Hoylake and West Kirby!

Hope that helps

I live and work on the wirral as a plumber and electrician. New brighton is definitely the lower end with home security issues. I would be looking at Hoylake or West kirby for a quality of life and views towards the north wales coast. Both are accessable with direct trains to Liverpool city centre with trains every 15 minutes

Thank you for the tips. I will check Hoylake and West kirby but I really enjoy cargo ships and liners traffic from Liverpool haven, that's why I choosed New Brighton at first.

Hello!

Thanks.

Hi. new Brighton is a fabulous place to live and work from. The new modern amenities include new restaurants, the first digital cinema in the north. It has a theatre, boating lake, a fort and stretches of beautiful sand.

The railway station is very handy and numerous buses go to Liverpool frequently. It is convenient for leisure, pleasure and recreation pursuits.

Houses in New Brighton are interesting and full of character. Old and new partner well. We have Morrisons supermarket on the promenade with plenty of parking available.

I would not hesitate to come and enjoy what this haven has to offer!

A very satisfied New Brighton resident.