House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Rates On Hold At 0.5%, Qe Figure Unchanged

Thank god no more QE at the moment. Can we really go it alone in Feb/March, I would be surprised but you never know. With hope the US policy will crash and burn by then.

Put a rocket in to the £ , heading towards $1.63 currently. Could breach $1.70 soon with more positive data.

Nothing more being done to artifcially support HPI at the moment, giving a better chance of sustained long term falls. Good news.

As per my posts yesterday.....borrow a 100K off the Nationwide and you get rates of 4-5 %....

It's just the savers getting the 0.5%

<_<

I'm currently getting 4% on my savings. It'll probably drop to 3% next year though.

Thank god no more QE at the moment. Can we really go it alone in Feb/March, I would be surprised but you never know. With hope the US policy will crash and burn by then.

Put a rocket in to the £ , heading towards $1.63 currently. Could breach $1.70 soon with more positive data.

Nothing more being done to artifcially support HPI at the moment, giving a better chance of sustained long term falls. Good news.

The bank of england already asked for and got the power to QE without telling anyone.

As per my posts yesterday.....borrow a 100K off the Nationwide and you get rates of 4-5 %....

It's just the savers getting the 0.5%

<_<

the whole situation is a joke...

How long can this countinue...?

no crash, no boom, no nothing...

The bank of england already asked for and got the power to QE without telling anyone.

Wasn't that just for temporary bank rescues?

They can't just print it and leave it out there off balance sheet.

Unless they give it to Foundation X? :P

Wasn't that just for temporary bank rescues?

I've got temporary DIY around the house from years ago. it just keeps being renwed on a temporary basis.

Wasn't that just for temporary perpetual bank rescues?

Fixed.

Temporary is a very vague word what you start to imply how long it could feasible last.

I've got temporary DIY around the house from years ago. it just keeps being renwed on a temporary basis.

Yeah, but if I came round your gaff, I'd probably notice what was holding the plates off the floor.

Fixed.

Temporary is a very vague word what you start to imply how long it could feasible last.

Until someone notices?

Starting to get concerned now.

The Fed are blowing bubbles in commodities, with this on top of the vat rise in Jan next year inflation looks set to take off. It's looking likely the UK will at best stagnate or slip back into recession prompting more QE from the BOE, with rates left at 0.5%.

At the moment i'm starting to think of 3 options. Gold, move out and into Sterling on swings or buy a couple of buy to let's at half cash half mortgage and let inflation do it's work.

Merv and the rest of the MPC are beginning to look completely incompentent now.... They know no better than just to sit on the fence, month in month out whilst the rest of us get bum raped with inflation that they refuse to do anything about

Starting to get concerned now.

The Fed are blowing bubbles in commodities, with this on top of the vat rise in Jan next year inflation looks set to take off. It's looking likely the UK will at best stagnate or slip back into recession prompting more QE from the BOE, with rates left at 0.5%.

At the moment i'm starting to think of 3 options. Gold, move out and into Sterling on swings or buy a couple of buy to let's at half cash half mortgage and let inflation do it's work.

Not the day to panic IMHO.

Barring a serious threat of imminent collapse, UKQE2 is now on hold till the next quarterly report in Feb 2011.

Expect an economic downturn, cheaper houses, more expensive FMCG and some rebalancing toward productive activity.

Then: more QE and rampant inflation.

Merv and the rest of the MPC are beginning to look completely incompentent now.... They know no better than just to sit on the fence, month in month out whilst the rest of us get bum raped with inflation that they refuse to do anything about

Actually, they are being quite clever. Inflation is 50% above target, and we think it's down to their incompetence?

It's actually 100% deliberate.

The clever bit is to keep avoiding lamp posts.

The pound is shooting up on this news.

Which might help to stop CPI going over 5%.

Won't help the recovereh though.

Actually, they are being quite clever. Inflation is 50% above target, and we think it's down to their incompetence?

It's actually 100% deliberate.

The clever bit is to keep avoiding lamp posts.

+1

Inflating away private debt and house prices is possibly the best way out... :(

Edited by DungBeetle

the whole situation is a joke...

How long can this countinue...?

no crash, no boom, no nothing...

The level of optimism is quite surprising and it seems that all the troubles are now behind us. It is quite amazing but it seems that there is to be no fallout from Brown's decade. He might return a hero quite soon? If the banks start lending again I am afraid we might see more HPI:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-04/bank-of-england-declines-to-follow-fed-as-officials-keep-stimulus-on-hold.html

Nothing of any interest from the BoE again.

Someday though, the minutes will show more than one policy maker seeking an increase and only then will thinks start to get interesting. Doubt it'll be this month though - might have to wait till spring or longer now.