House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Halifax Hpi October 2010 1.8%

Bugger, I didn't expect it to be that high, as above, the msm are going to be dry humping this all day long. What's the expresses front page going to be tomorrow I wonder ..... :(

Last month revised down to -3.7%

Actual yoy is now -0.03% so flat.

Martin whatisname continually mentions the 3 month underlying trend as a better indicator at -1.2% so hopefully they will pick up on this.

Martin whatisname continually mentions the 3 month underlying trend as a better indicator at -1.2% so hopefully they will pick up on this.

ah yes, revisions, revisions, revisions.

broken chains must make calculatingguessing these "approvals" so difficult.

That old trick again :rolleyes:.

Well not surprised to be honest. The curse of low volume volatility can work both ways.

In my part of the world (e Berkshire) this is playing out exactly like the 2008 dip. As soon as prices fall the available stock plummets and prices stabilise. The number of forced sales simply isn't high enough to generate momentum. Yet. Seems theres sell many "won't sell for less than made up figure people" here.

The prime mechanism for a crash will be ir rises. Unfortunately they look a while away.

Not ideal, but it's the largest quarterly drop for a while.

I note the Price / Earnings Ratio has gone from 4.6 to 4.5 suggesting it'll all be real term rather than nominal drops ..

I did worry that last month's historic figure was too good, and has been stated, it's the low volumes causing all of this volatility.

Trouble is, the Express et al will play this like a 50lb salmon on a 5lb line, the bastards.

On the plus side, that $600bn has seen my shares move up .5% this morning :unsure:

Bugger, I didn't expect it to be that high, as above, the msm are going to be dry humping this all day long. What's the expresses front page going to be tomorrow I wonder ..... :(

i'm 50/50 whether all the MSM are going to jump straight back to hyping this, they were just getting into the swing of doomsaying, seemed to be enjoying it even

Ha ha! Fat chance

Fastest rise in 18 months says the Indy

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/house-and-home/property/house-prices-see-fastest-rise-in-18-months-2124827.html

Edited by FaFa!

The 3 month underlying trend is only taken out of the cupboard when the monthly figures are dire (as September). When the figures are "wonderful", they stand on their own merit. Always been the same, when prices fall, there is always a list of excuses. When prices rise, no reasons given.

The 3 month underlying trend is only taken out of the cupboard when the monthly figures are dire (as September). When the figures are "wonderful", they stand on their own merit. Always been the same, when prices fall, there is always a list of excuses. When prices rise, no reasons given.

Get with the program.