House Price Crash Forum
Timm

Lord James Of Blackheath and Foundation X -- merged

OK, this is in the MSM now, so I'm going to post it. It's a bit OT, but really really strange.

http://www.guardian....es-foundation-x

It's quite the most extraordinary speech I think I've ever come across. It was given by Lord James of Blackheath, a respected industrialist and a former senior adviser to the Conservative party.

James was speaking in the Lords debate on the spending review You might expect him to touch on the issue of government waste, which he is known for politically. Not a bit of it.

James's speech begins with Brigadoon, moves on to money laundering billions of pounds of terrorist money and ends with the claim that he has been contacted about a mysterious "Foundation X" that wishes to invest £5bn in the United Kingdom, with an extra £17bn for hospitals, schools and Crossrail by Christmas, and who have met with a cabinet minister to discuss their investment. Intriguing, isn't it?

So here's the skinny.

As an expert in the laundering of terrorist finance and funny money who has "handled billions of pounds of terrorist money", James claims he was asked by a leading FSA regulated institution to investigate a mysterious organisation that wanted to invest substantial sums into the UK's economic reconstruction.

(...)

For the really wierd stuff, you'll want the official Hansard record:

http://www.publicati...#10110215000101

(...)

Lord James of Blackheath: For the past 20 weeks I have been engaged in a very strange dialogue with the two noble Lords, in the course of which I have been trying to bring to their attention the willing availability of a strange organisation which wishes to make a great deal of money available to assist the recovery of the economy in this country. For want of a better name, I shall call it foundation X. That is not its real name, but it will do for the moment. Foundation X was introduced to me 20 weeks ago last week by an eminent City firm, which is FSA controlled. Its chairman came to me and said, "We have this extraordinary request to assist in a major financial reconstruction. It is megabucks, but we need your help to assist us in understanding whether this business is legitimate". I had the biggest put down of my life from my noble friend Lord Strathclyde when I told him this story. He said, "Why you? You're not important enough to have the answer to a question like that". He is quite right, I am not important enough, but the answer to the next question was, "You haven't got the experience for it". Yes I do. I have had one of the biggest experiences in the laundering of terrorist money and funny money that anyone has had in the City. I have handled billions of pounds of terrorist money.

Baroness Hollis of Heigham: Where did it go to?

Lord James of Blackheath: Not into my pocket. My biggest terrorist client was the IRA and I am pleased to say that I managed to write off more than £1 billion of its money. I have also had extensive connections with north African terrorists, but that was of a far nastier nature, and I do not want to talk about that because it is still a security issue. I hasten to add that it is no good getting the police in, because I shall immediately call the Bank of England as my defence witness, given that it put me in to deal with these problems.

(...)

(Thanks to ABB on the CreditCrunch forum for the heads up).

Edited by Timm

OK, this is in the MSM now, so I'm going to post it. It's a bit OT, but really really strange.

Simples. It's clearly the envoy of the former King of Manchuria who wishes to share with you his immense riches provided you can mail him £100m to help release his gold reserves held in a vault in Nigeria.

As an admitted money launderer is he even allowed a bank account in the UK.

At the very least he must have to take in at least 3 types of ID (including a recent utility bill) when he wants to use any of his accounts.

Edited by billybong

"This is too big an issue. I am just an ageing, obsessive old Peer and I am easily dispensable, but getting to the truth is not. We need to know what really is happening here. We must find out the truth of this situation."

the truth is out there, eh?

More like the drinks cabinet is out there.

And if he really is boasting about losing a lot of money for the IRA, he might not be around for too much longer....

"This is too big an issue. I am just an ageing, obsessive old Peer and I am easily dispensable, but getting to the truth is not. We need to know what really is happening here. We must find out the truth of this situation."

More like the drinks cabinet is out there.And if he really is boasting about losing a lot of money for the IRA, he might not be around for too much longer....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

More like the drinks cabinet is out there.

And if he really is boasting about losing a lot of money for the IRA, he might not be around for too much longer....

I suspect you have pretty well nailed it there. Seems highly unlikely that the IRA ever had a billion to lose in any case.

Lord Walter Mitty.

Reading the Hansard transcript I get the impression his fellows are tiring of his ramblings.

And if he actualy was a trusted Mr Fixit inside the establishment is it at all likely that he would suddenly come over all indiscreet.

I don't think there is much danger of him going hillwalking :lol:

was the name of this "enterprise" either windrush or firerush investments?

was the name of this "enterprise" either windrush or firerush investments?

Huis van Oranje-Nassau

We just went thru a gloBal Oranje_BOOM!

Lord James, who denies he is the victim of an elaborate hoax, first revealed the details to stunned peers in the House of Lords on Monday night.

Wow :)

The most interesting part of his speech and general comments was when he told Lord Strathclyde who is alledged to have said "why you?" to Lord James.

Who is Lord Strathclyde?

Well he is quite a successful businessman who is/was paid a retianer by Trafigura. Who they? The company embroiled in the Ivory Coast disaster who "cleaned up by product" from the petroleum industry which resulted in hundreds of peoples deaths.

I think from memory Strathclyde gets £5000 per day.

There is sooooooo much "we" just do not know.

The most interesting part of his speech and general comments was when he told Lord Strathclyde who is alledged to have said "why you?" to Lord James.

Who is Lord Strathclyde?

Well he is quite a successful businessman who is/was paid a retianer by Trafigura. Who they? The company embroiled in the Ivory Coast disaster who "cleaned up by product" from the petroleum industry which resulted in hundreds of peoples deaths.

I think from memory Strathclyde gets £5000 per day.

There is sooooooo much "we" just do not know.

Spot on.

Without wanting to be too TFH it's clear to me that there's a strata of society that is completely inaccessible to the vast, vast majority. Genuine old money with influence beyond the comprehension of most.

Spot on.

Without wanting to be too TFH it's clear to me that there's a strata of society that is completely inaccessible to the vast, vast majority. Genuine old money with influence beyond the comprehension of most.

More like "genuine" and likely "old" but out of cash. What they have are "connections" and the "ear" of some people who get them direct access to "decision makers".

Basically they have not a great to offer than being the conduit between established (poor) and arriviste (rich) for which they are paid handsomely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaA-5_IjkeE

Well, he's not falling over drunk.

What is a bit strange is how he manages quite a long speech without notes. Except, almost every time he refers to the organasation, he needs to look at his papers to remind himself he is referring to them as Foundation X.

Why does he find this detail alone so very difficult?

Laughs.

Scams work when people are at their lowest, when they are lonely and vunerable.

If it is real, perhaps they want to negotiate tax concessions, etc to make their investments receive special treatment.