House Price Crash Forum
crashlanded

Tonight With Trev

You wouldn't have seen anything like that on TV a year ago!!

Sign of the Times

This is going to be the biggest property crash / recession this country has ever seen.

and it started autumn 2004 and hit full swing autumn / winter 2005

Oh dear Labour government has done it again, got the country into deep debt!!

Edited by crash 2005

It may well be the biggest recession in history – but I bet 80% of the population won’t realize that there is a recession or they will believe the constant spin that they have reached the bottom and things will get better – buy now while you can things are just about to turn a corner etc -- cr*p spin

You wouldn't have seen anything like that on TV a year ago!!

Sign of the Times

This is going to be the biggest property crash / ressession this country has ever seen.

and it started autumn 2004 and hit full swing autumn / winter 2005

Oh dear Labour government has done it again, got the country into deep debt!!

But just last week the biggest story on HPC was the latest survey showing a 1.6% rise in house prices in August 05. Whatever is happening, it cannot be said that the biggest property crash ever in this country is either in full swing or about to be.

somebody posted something along the lines that the media said 'no crash' ect...'things on the turnaround'...'prices stabilise'.....all the way to the very bottom of the 89/91 crash.

all the way until there was no longer any public interest in housing.

How far into the last recession did the public realise they were in a recession? When 'The Sun' told them they were?

THE SUN !!!! that rag couldnt spell RECESSION let alone predict it. Its a stupid read for idiots. One article praises Blair & co, the next it castigates them for yet another Fu** up.

I have been told that a program called repossession, repossession, repossession. is to be aired. I'm not joking. Does anyone know more about this.

THE SUN !!!! that rag couldnt spell RECESSION let alone predict it. Its a stupid read for idiots. One article praises Blair & co, the next it castigates them for yet another Fu** up.

I read the Sun. Quite like it actually.

Sorry for being an idiot.

spiv.

I have been told that a program called repossession, repossession, repossession. is to be aired.  I'm not joking.  Does anyone know more about this.

I think that's what the Tonight Special is called.

I seem to recall a grotty little "reality TV" style programme on primetime beeb a few years ago concerning a bunch of bailiffs and the debtors they were chasing. Don't be surprised if you find that back on the air too!

I think that's what the Tonight Special is called.

I seem to recall a grotty little "reality TV" style programme on primetime beeb a few years ago concerning a bunch of bailiffs and the debtors they were chasing. Don't be surprised if you find that back on the air too!

It’s a shame tonight’s program is not called recession recession recession

They are taking up position. Any reccession will be blamed on OPEC not on national mismanagement.

People losing there homes due to job loss will be handed the blame for one reason or another.

This is a war between the banks and the people with the government standing in between like some kind of peacekeeper.

Goverment failures:

No long term economic planning.

No displinary action against corporate greed and the excessive earnings of the executives.

No performance related pay within corporations.

No restraint on the, woops I have to go!

Don't miss

No debt about it!

Tonight with Trevor McDonald, 8.00pm

With personal debt spiralling, bailiffs have had a really great summer...

Program about reposessions..

Could somebody make this Sticky for the day? People have poor memories, people forget the '89 crash so there's every chance they will forget about this TV programme.

It may be all of that, but it has managed (via fellow ex-expatriot RM) to manage the results of every election since ... 1978? If the Sun says its true, it may not be true... but it will be!!!

Can I just ask a genuine question about something that mystifies me? Why are you all so gleeful at the prospect of the economy going down the pan? Do you all think you're teflon coated and it won't affect you? Your jobs are just as much at risk as anyone else's.

Can I just ask a genuine question about something that mystifies me?  Why are you all so gleeful at the prospect of the economy going down the pan?  Do you all think you're teflon coated and it won't affect you?  Your jobs are just as much at risk as anyone else's.

Not everybody's job is at equal risk. Those of us in the private sector have more to fear. And our pensions are poorer.

Can I just ask a genuine question about something that mystifies me?  Why are you all so gleeful at the prospect of the economy going down the pan?  Do you all think you're teflon coated and it won't affect you?  Your jobs are just as much at risk as anyone else's.

I wonder the same sometimes. Maybe those who are too young to remeber the last recession (I graduated from uni in 1992, right in the middle of it) don't realise how awful it's going to be, especially if you lose your job.

Not everybody's job is at equal risk. Those of us in the private sector have more to fear. And our pensions are poorer.

I completely agree, so why is there so much fervour for the economy to go into meltdown? Does everyone fancy a couple of years on the dole?