House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
curious1

Here's One Developer That's Woken Up...

Well.. it's a start :D

It's been a while since I even bothered looking at RM prices (I've been more interested in finding decent rentals). However, just been poking around today and, bar the odd bit of insanity, some nice drops are starting to show up...

About bleedin' time...

A stampede of BTL investors descended on the site - it was carnage. Pure blood lust as they knew they were getting such a bargain. Instead of stampeding for the exit, they were stampeding for the entrance. The people in the sales office immediately changed back to last week's price.

I think you`re trying a bit too hard

Ok it looks like the big reduction might have been a typo. ...

how about this one... 235k down to 180k = ~25% off ... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30673253.html

i genuinely wouldn't buy that at 18K. If only for the potential of being hit with a 50K repair bill for the block as it's still council. Surely that can't be worth, in anyone's eyes, more than £50K. It's in a terrible part of London, the sort that usually you see in that little vignette on the news about how Operation Trident is investigating and has those yellow signs on the lampposts, blud.

Ok it looks like the big reduction might have been a typo. ...

how about this one... 235k down to 180k = ~25% off ... http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30673253.html

Jesus H.

When you consider that in 1996 some friends of mine bought an ex-LA flat in a good part of London (near where they filmed 'London's Burning' and not too far from Tower bridge) for 37.5K...

A very astute move it turned out, too!

Kind of puts the madness into perspective.

It's no wonder that without the miracle cure that was (is?) the liar loan money fairy no-one can afford this stuff.

Supply and demand my a**e. Just utter lunacy combined with usurious lending led to these insane prices.

it was carnage. Pure blood lust

Sounds like Dalston. My Brother lived there for 1 year and in his road there was a stabbing and a shooting during his tenure. I'm not sure that came out right. AFAIK stabbings and shootings in Dalston continued after he left the area.