House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Recovereh Cancelled Again As Contruction Grwoth Collapses

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/constructionandproperty/8105491/Constructions-boost-to-UK-economy-fading.html

Construction's boost to UK economy fading
Construction activity fell to an eight-month low in October, signalling the sector will not keep propping up growth, according to a Markit/CIPS construction index.

The on again off again recovereh seems to be more on again lately. Unless, of course, it is going to be a constructionless, jobless, exportless, manufacturingless recovereh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/constructionandproperty/8105491/Constructions-boost-to-UK-economy-fading.html

Construction activity fell to an eight-month low in October, signalling the sector will not keep propping up growth, according to a Markit/CIPS construction index.

The on again off again recovereh seems to be more on again lately. Unless, of course, it is going to be a constructionless, jobless, exportless, manufacturingless recovereh.

Gordons crazy public building spree miracle recovereh is over.

Back to the real world.

This was on the cards 2 years ago when they shed all the CAD technicians, lots of Directors running about the place asking for work from other departments. So this looks like the Projects they had in reserve have been eaten up 2 years on, which sounds about right. Still no Techie jobs about, most are fake I can imagine the figures for activity halving soon, Business Rates / rent must be hurting the big boys, Engineers will be joining the dole queues very soon indeed :(.

At least in the 90's you got a shit wage but it was at least a wage. As it is my Senior Engineer mate is traveling 111 miles by car just to hold a job down. :blink:

Recovery my a-rs-e !

Construction posting an alledged 11% growth to be the fastest growing sector of the economy was so obviously a freak stat.

Wave goodbye to any lingering hopes of an interest rate rise.

IMO based on what I see around me the economy is in very serious trouble.

I think the huge boom in q2 came from projects restarting after being put on hold after the crunch. I have noticed Mill Harbour in E14 is finally being finished after 2 years and some other developments in docklands and the city. No one was really expecting construction to drive the economy going forward.

I am not sure why anyone is surprised by this. Especially when the September prediction was for 51.6, came in 53.8 now it is 51.6, 53.8 was surprisingly good rather than this month being unexpectedly bad.

Anything over 50 going forward would be a real bonus considering the ongoing price correction in the residential sector. The commercial sector looks like the only hope of sustained growth in the construction sector.

Why have you spelled "recovery" and "growth" incorrectly?

Edited by tallguy

Why have you spelled "recovery" and "growth" incorrectly?

"growth" was a case of corpulent fingers.

"recovereh" is a bit of sarcasm as it is the pronunciation so often used by pompous politicians and jumped up EAs when talking up the market.

The other one I like is "Koalishon" as it parodies the farce side of it all.

Edited by Realistbear