House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libspero

Help.. Need To Find An Odd Xmas Present

I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing.. any help greatly appreciated!

I need to find a decent pocket scope for people who find compact binoculars a bit big for the pocket.

I was thinking about something like this.. Pocket Scope

Has to be less than £100, preferably nearer around £50.

Any experts / users..? :unsure:

Gun shops, maybe?

McAvoy in Standish

Shooting Shack in Bolton

The sort of stuff they do tends to be a bit better magnification and more expensive though.

Why not get the one on Amazon anyway?

Thanks blobloblob

Sweet Jesus there's some expensive kit on there.. £4000 for a scope!!

Quite like the look of the Zeiss MiniQuick though.. still a bit pricey. Does anyone know whether branded optics are actually any better than non-branded?

I know Leica and Zeiss are big names, but surely the glass quality/geometry/coatings can't be that much of a black art these days..? :unsure:

Thanks blobloblob

Quite like the look of the Zeiss MiniQuick though.. still a bit pricey. Does anyone know whether branded optics are actually any better than non-branded?

I know Leica and Zeiss are big names, but surely the glass quality/geometry/coatings can't be that much of a black art these days..? :unsure:

All depends who your gift is for. If it's for a nephew, say, then go cheap. If it's for someone who won;t lose it in two years, splash the cash.....and see the difference (pun intended)

I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing.. any help greatly appreciated!

I need to find a decent pocket scope for people who find compact binoculars a bit big for the pocket.

I was thinking about something like this.. Pocket Scope

Has to be less than £100, preferably nearer around £50.

Any experts / users..? :unsure:

I have a very powerful telescope on a tripod, can be used used for shooting ranges with its gun sight, watching the moon, great for nature study or the lady opposite. As you are a very nice person to you just the cost of postage, BTW got conned into buying it from a customer second hand 10 years ago at a bargain price of £60. Would fit into a pocket if the depth of the pocket is extended to 24 inches. ;)

All depends who your gift is for. If it's for a nephew, say, then go cheap. If it's for someone who won;t lose it in two years, splash the cash.....and see the difference (pun intended)

Gift is for a parent who walks a lot and doesn't see as well as they used to. They take binoculars at the moment but are looking for something they can fit easily in a pocket.

Try http://www.heinnie.com/Optics/c-1-100/, reliable and prices aren't too bad and free shipping

Thanks Paece.. quite like the look of the Luger ones :)

I have a very powerful telescope on a tripod, can be used used for shooting ranges with its gun sight, watching the moon, great for nature study or the lady opposite. As you are a very nice person to you just the cost of postage, BTW got conned into buying it from a customer second hand 10 years ago at a bargain price of £60. Would fit into a pocket if the depth of the pocket is extended to 24 inches. ;)

That's very kind of you Charlie.. doesn't sound as though you're quite ready to give it up yet though :lol:

Thanks blobloblob

If you shoot as badly as I do, you may as well leave the lens cap on anyway!

Take your binoculars apart! Hey presto! Two pocket scopes, as that is essentially what they are! :blink:

It might be worth trying these people

www.telescopesandbinoculars.co.uk

Based in Stockport, Greater Manchester, but they do mail order.

Thanks SG.. I'll take a look :)

Take your binoculars apart! Hey presto! Two pocket scopes, as that is essentially what they are! :blink:

You think I should give them a Swiss army knife and a hammer instead? :lol: