House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
busta move

News Reports; Things Are Going Pear-shaped

I only seems a matter of a few weeks ago that we were welcoming the first realistic newpaper reports on the possibility of a HPC.

Now, I come back after a weekend and find that the news blogger is packed with reports that are looking very bearish.

Surely this is as good a sign as any that we are heading for a meltdown.

Buckle up folks, it's gonna get rough.

I think it's certainly a sign that things are on the downward turn. Whether this is good news or not is another matter. Tough times ahead for everyone over the next 2-3 years I fear, whether a house owner or not.

I was just thinking about the change in sentiment this morning. On Friday I was almost about to give up hope that any correction might take place in a reasonable amount of time.

My visions were of a 25 year correction where the economy was in a desperate state, it was not pretty.

After the weekend I am not so sure, we are running out of Summer and the people selling houses might start to accept that the only way of selling is to lower prices.

As soon as people generally think that house prices will reduce in the future it will become a race to sell at the current prices.

You're right. A few months ago the news blog seemed to have a few scary reports in it. Almost as though they were hard won after a lot of searching. Now it seems that its bad news everywhere in every sector of the economy, the contrast is stark. Either the individual(s) in charge of the blog have got more efficient at rooting out bad news or its a true reflection of a change in circumstances. I favour the latter option as more likely.

You're right. A few months ago the news blog seemed to have a few scary reports in it. Almost as though they were hard won after a lot of searching. Now it seems that its bad news everywhere in every sector of the economy, the contrast is stark. Either the individual(s) in charge of the blog have got more efficient at rooting out bad news or its a true reflection of a change in circumstances. I favour the latter option as more likely.

The Webmaster started putting 'job loss' headlines on the feed a couple of months back but the number of headlines got so many that I think they have been scaled down a bit.

I laughed when I thought of the webmaster, after scanning the headlines he had put in, thinking there is no room left for housing headlines because of the job loss ones.

When's it going to start hitting the TV? That's the next milestone. Most people I speak to still think that everything's going great. I think that most of them osmosise their opinions from TV reports so it'll make a huge difference when they start to change their tunes.

When's it going to start hitting the TV? That's the next milestone. Most people I speak to still think that everything's going great. I think that most of them osmosise their opinions from TV reports so it'll make a huge difference when they start to change their tunes.

watch Trev tonight........