House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightsod

Agent's Diary - Synchronicity Hpc..

It's that very funny blog I discovered via these esteemed pages - even if I tended to forget to read it while the market has been bouncing sickeningly like a proverberial dead thing - the tone of the posts has recently been harmonising with the sentiments expressed here. Not with the same schadenfreude obviously, but with that world-weary 'here we go again.' knowledge that you'd expect from him.

My link

It is making for very familiar reading right now. LOng may that continue!

It's that very funny blog I discovered via these esteemed pages - even if I tended to forget to read it while the market has been bouncing sickeningly like a proverberial dead thing - the tone of the posts has recently been harmonising with the sentiments expressed here. Not with the same schadenfreude obviously, but with that world-weary 'here we go again.' knowledge that you'd expect from him.

My link

It's a great blog, but it underlines the point that until there are more forced sellers the market will drift sideways or decline very slowly, with most of the house price correction coming from the 4-5% current level of inflation.

It's a great blog, but it underlines the point that until there are more forced sellers the market will drift sideways or decline very slowly, with most of the house price correction coming from the 4-5% current level of inflation.

lending is the key...and can people borrow?

lending is the key...and can people borrow?

+1

Most houses just won't sell. Which they aren't.

Prices dropped 20% in 18months in 07/08. Without mass forced sales.

My link

That was an unexpected surprise. What an outstanding blog. The bloke is actually wasted there.

Half-heartedly, I give my pitch about a realistic price being better for them in the long run. How they can sell at a fair figure and buy at a sensible one too. It’s about the changeover number, I tell them persevering against all the negative sales signs flowing my way. I might as well be trying to convince a pair of Palestinians their new Jewish neighbour will be great company once he’s finished building in their garden.
Edited by 50sQuiff

Classic!

‘Mr Cameron on line two for you.’ Announces S later, with a suppressed giggle. We both know it’s not that one, the joke a little old now since I listed the house a full ten weeks ago. The viewings have been sporadic and disappointing in outcome. I’ve been steeling myself to ring him to try for a price cut before the agency agreement runs out, just as I would counsel T to do on his over-priced instructions. But knowing what you should do - even telling someone what they should do - is a lot easier than actually doing it yourself.

‘Mr Cameron.’ I bluster, trying to project that ethereal mix of professionalism and confidence. ‘How are you today?’ It’s a stupid question, one I should know better than to ask, so when he answers: ‘Not happy.’ It comes as no surprise.

‘I’ve been thinking about our finances.’ Continues Mr Cameron, as I begin to think maybe he does has something in common with the Prime Minister, until he adds: ‘I’ve seen this survey in the newspaper.’

‘You want to change the price?’ I repeat woodenly. ‘Yes,’ continues Mr Cameron blithely. ‘I think we should increase it.’ I should be stunned, but I’ve heard this one before. ‘We’re attracting the wrong type of buyer at the moment.’ Concludes Mr C with wildly misplaced certainty.

The wrong type of buyer? I mock, once the phone is back in its cradle but still rocking dangerously. And what exactly are they? One who wants value for money? One who wants to avoid negative equity and an early repossession? One who’d like to pay off the loan before the care home fees kick-in?

My survey says Mr Cameron is going to be disappointed.

I almost feel sorry for him... almost...

Some interesting comments below his latest article...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Looks like the market is dipping...Im about to move up the property ladder. Big £300k mortgage! Perhaps I should wait a while".....

....Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Spoke to my solicitor today, who says that normally you only realise, looking back, that prices have been sliding for the past few months. However, he says in the last 3 weeks he's watched his local market start to fall quite significantly - and this in one of those upmarket places which is "different"".

His account goes thus: Mr has realised that he is likely/certain to be made redundant next April. Mrs will probably hold on to her job. Their plan is, downsize substantially now, whilst he still has a job to list on the mortgage application form, and then hope that they can keep the payments up even when he no longer has any significant income. But that means selling their existing home ASAP for AMAP - but the time factor is even more important than the price. They can't wait until he has his redundancy notice.

This is the North East, and I suspect that house prices will only not fall substantially if the market seizes up altogether.

London/SE will be different. I gather that England is now two separate countries - London+ and the rest. Different economies, different attitudes, different housing markets".

‘You don’t seem very optimistic.’ Accuses the woman after I’ve pitched a price and time scale somewhere close to reality. And I realise I’ve committed the cardinal sales sin of being too truthful. Quick correction and a fee cut later and she’s smiling.

I hope she still likes me come the spring.

Sums it up perfectly.

That was an unexpected surprise. What an outstanding blog. The bloke is actually wasted there.

Reading that line about a Jewish home, mid cup of tea almost did for my netbook. And yes, the comments on the site help widen the tunnel-vision that this place gives me. I've not read his newspaper columns but find it difficult to imagine them aping the puff-pieces that normally make for all those 'lifestyle' sections.

There's only this blog and "Frank Chalk's" blog about teaching that make me laugh out loud.