House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sour Mash

Petn! The New Face Of Terror!

Just watched a Fox, sorry, Sky News report. Heard the word 'PETN' emphasised about 5 or 6 times in a report lasting a couple of minutes.

I guess this is the new media obsession. Certainly a good excuse to use the media generated hysteria about a cargo issue to impose even more stupid sanctions upon passenger traffic.

Just watched a Fox, sorry, Sky News report. Heard the word 'PETN' emphasised about 5 or 6 times in a report lasting a couple of minutes.

I guess this is the new media obsession. Certainly a good excuse to use the media generated hysteria about a cargo issue to impose even more stupid sanctions upon passenger traffic.

doesn't have quite the same punch as "bombdogs!"

PETN is a threat so unprecedented that it has only been about since World War 1 when it was used by the German Army.

The British public are clearly bored to tears by this rubbish as the Cargo Bomb plot is only number 8 on the BBC list of most read new items despite the fact it has been ramped as the top story for days now

Indeed, I am now beginning to suspect whether this is Al Qaida's masterplan all along.

They are relying on the western media to drive us so insane with this relentless drivel that we all convert to Islam just to make it stop.

Precisely, and it has started already. The Home Sec yesterday announce that people would be restricted from carrying large printer toner cartridges in hand luggage. Firstly; who the fvck does this anyway? Secendly; even if people did then they would just carry something else desguised as a bomb - like a laptop, maybe?

Something must be done - doesn't matter what, or if it's ever likely to work, but something must be done. It's a total joke.

Nothing wrong with PETN. It is used as a vasodilator drug to treat certain heart conditions.

Another useful heart drug is nitroglycerine, used to treat angina and heart failure.

Why are people getting so upset about heart medicines being carried on cargo planes?

PETN is a threat so unprecedented that it has only been about since World War 1 when it was used by the German Army.

The British public are clearly bored to tears by this rubbish as the Cargo Bomb plot is only number 8 on the BBC list of most read new items despite the fact it has been ramped as the top story for days now

Indeed, I am now beginning to suspect whether this is Al Qaida's masterplan all along.

They are relying on the western media to drive us so insane with this relentless drivel that we all convert to Islam just to make it stop.

Where do I sign up?