House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Makeup

Is it just me, but does anyone look at the whole makeup industry and think :blink:

I mean just look at the floorspace in Boots dedicated to makeup (skin-friendly paint). Are women suckers for feeling the need to paint their faces? I'd guess that 80% of men aren't that bothered about makeup. Personally I prefer as natural a look as possible. if I'm speaking to a heavily made up girl I see it as a barrier.

Women - why do you paint your faces? Is it to find a mate?

Is it just me, but does anyone look at the whole makeup industry and think :blink:

I mean just look at the floorspace in Boots dedicated to makeup (skin-friendly paint). Are women suckers for feeling the need to paint their faces? I'd guess that 80% of men aren't that bothered about makeup. Personally I prefer as natural a look as possible. if I'm speaking to a heavily made up girl I see it as a barrier.

Women - why do you paint your faces? Is it to find a mate?

And the floorspace is always as soon as you walk into the shop, like they are on parade or something.

(some) Women are strange creatures.

:D

We are used to seeing birds with make up on. So any bird we see without it looks instantly 'plain'. Even if in fact they are naturally better looking than the bird next to them. I am not talking about the caked in makeup gang either. Just normal birds with normal make up.

I know many blokes say they prefer the 'natural' look however I don't think most know what they are talking about. Most girls with the 'natural look' have at least a wee dash of makeup on as well.

There are certain stunning looks with a womans lips or a womans eyes - that you just cannot get without the use of make up.

I was in Boots yesterday with my wife. The whole shop is dedicated to helping women smell better and look better.

Oh, and you can get some stuff for your piles if you need to.

Say goodbye to Nuremburg misery...

I know many blokes say they prefer the 'natural' look however I don't think most know what they are talking about. Most girls with the 'natural look' have at least a wee dash of makeup on as well.

I can quite honestly say I prefer the natural look.. although admit it doesn't suit all ladies equally.

Here's a quick test.

The "make-over" page in women's magazines (apparently.. -_- )

Who else thinks most of the girls look nicer BEFORE they stick on all the slap?

Much of the problem I would attribute to poor technique in make-up application. IMHO there are few women who would not benefit from a good makeover.

(My wife did this for a living although fortunately she worked for one of the few companies without orange in their palette)

I can quite honestly say I prefer the natural look.. although admit it doesn't suit all ladies equally.

Here's a quick test.

The "make-over" page in women's magazines (apparently.. -_- )

Who else thinks most of the girls look nicer BEFORE they stick on all the slap?

If it is done properly they all, without question IMO, look nicer afterwards. You just have different views to the average bloke I reckon !! As I said I am not talking about caked on make up - just the right bits in the right place.

Make up results in women's lips looking bigger and redder and their eyes looking bigger and more inviting. Men find that attractive. Well most men do anyway !! I reckon it is mostly down to the fact we see most woman with make up so we get used to their eyes being bigger and their lips being redder than they are 'supposed' to be.

So any girl without makeup will instantly seem less attractive - but only compared to those with help in looking that way.

Maybe that is not right but it is just the way it is. Good luck in finding a bird who wears no make up !! I don't recommend LIverpool. :D

The Country and Western song says it all.

I like my women just a little on the trashy side,

When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed.

Too much lipstick and too much rouge,

Gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused.

Make up is saying "I want to get laid" and men respond. Simple really. Fleshometer works too. Look around the room and find the woman with the most exposed skin. Start there, she's your best chance.

Maybe that is not right but it is just the way it is. Good luck in finding a bird who wears no make up !! I don't recommend LIverpool. :D

Well... all I will say is that I consider myself lucky to have a wife who doesn't feel she HAS to put on make up before stepping out of the house.

Perhaps that's an age thing though*.. yer young 'uns go fer anythin' in a fancy frock :P

* is 30 over the hill? :unsure:

Well... all I will say is that I consider myself lucky to have a wife who doesn't feel she HAS to put on make up before stepping out of the house.

Perhaps that's an age thing though*.. yer young 'uns go fer anythin' in a fancy frock :P

* is 30 over the hill? :unsure:

Oh aye a bird who doesn't need to wear make up is a good un. However a good un also knows when a wee bit of the red stuff can have the right impact. :D

kissable-lips_s.jpg

Depends on the woman i guess. They had a comparison of make up free women in the mail last week or so. IIRC it was cindy crawford - 40 something looked great without make up and Danielle Lloyds - 20 something WAG who looked like a train wreck without it.

If I was a bird, being compared to Cindy Crawford would be unfair. She's the one they all aspire to.

Comparing her with Lloyd is like comparing Maradona's 2nd goal in 86 against England with one of Sheringham's shinners for Millwall.

Isn't she the one with that big ugly mole on her cheek?

Oh aye a bird who doesn't need to wear make up is a good un. However a good un also knows when a wee bit of the red stuff can have the right impact. :D

Lets get some pictures going ;)

In defence of girls without make up, I present Shakira..

Without

shak2.jpgshak1.jpg

With

shakira.jpgshakira.jpg

I'm not saying she doesn't look good with make up.. but don't you think she looks like a more friendly, approachable attractive person in the first pics?

Lets get some pictures going ;)

In defence of girls without make up, I present Shakira..

I'm not saying she doesn't look good with make up.. but don't you think she looks like a more friendly, approachable attractive person in the first pics?

I think she looks good without make up - but looks better with it. Not a huge difference though.

Yep, the ******ing minger. All slender 5ft 10 of her. Moley pig.

Cindy Crawford is probably better looking than your wife.

Of course. As Maradona is probably a better footballer than you.

I'm not sure what point you're making as I was saying that she's the benchmark for femal beauty.

I thought you were calling her a moley minger. I think 90% of men would find Crawford super attractive, after all she was a super model. No disrespect to your wife or anything.

No, I was being sarcastic to the guy who said she was a pig due to a facial mole.

She was, and still is, the prettiest thing on 2 legs.

I'm female and can also appreciate she's pretty too! She's aged very well. :)

I'm female

That was obvious when you missed the hint of sarcasm.

Basically, everything I don't like about being over made up is demonstrated by the girls who work on any MAC counter. Freak show does not even begin to describe them. Still make-up has made a great deal of men very rich over the years.

But, whatever we do as men, please do not let them do the same to us. Anyone for some CK 'guyliner'?

Maradona's a better footballer than your husband then.

I'm quite sure that when she did the Pepsi commercial we both appreciated it, but in very, very different ways. Unless of course, you're a lady lesbian, in which case we can compare notes on an even keel.

I don't have a husband :P My bf on the other hand is sh!t and football, so you're right.

I can definitely appreciate a good looking women. However I know I'm not a lesbian, because the thought of getting intimate with a women makes me cringe and feel yucky. I like men in that way.