House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Tea Party America - This World--merged

Heads up.

"Tea Party started by a bunch of p*ssed off Americans!"

Andrew Neil has an interesting doc on the box tonight - just showed a clip from it on the Daily Politics and it looks interesting.

Showed a run-down closed-down car factory so I suspect it will touch upon the housing market, general recession stuff, etc, in the US.

"The Tea Party supports Israel!", Palin says so.

Never has a political movement been more hijacked in plain sight than this one.

+1 unbelievable how the small government free marketeershave been ripped apart by the republican fundamentalists.

Edited by mikthe20

The Tea Party was started by a bunch of Injins.

That tells you all you need to know. :unsure:

Do you mean Native Americans ?

Maybe the Native British should start a party too.

Is anyone peeved at the number of immigrants ? Or is immigration good for everyone in the UK ? or is immigration good for just the ruling classes and large businesses ?

I've said a couple of times now I wont vote any of themajor parties again, UKIP is my next port of call. Maybe we need a real part for the real people to start the real recovery.

Guest UK Debt Slave

+1 unbelievable how the small government free marketeershave been ripped apart by the republican fundamentalists.

It's not nearly as clear cut as that

The TPM is a pretty broad church. There's no doubt that powerful interests are trying to co-opt and subvert it for themselves. Palin is owned by the political establishment. When you see John McCain following her around to political rallies, you just know she is rotten

The TPM is too big and too disparate to come under the umbrella of the Republican party. There are plenty of people out there just as pi$$ed off with the republicans as they are with Obama.

What is happening out there is just the beginning.

It is the formation of a response to the global liberal establishment that owns and controls all sides of the political spectrum

You can't pull the wool over peoples eyes on this scale and expect to get away with it indefinitely

So don't write off the TPM as a bunch of wild eyed fundamentalist loons just yet

The TPM is a very interesting development.

What I find truly fascinating about it is the sheer profusion of Randism that is popping up everywhere in the movement.

Do most of them favour reasoned thinking over religious dogma though?

I don't think that one can say that the Republicans have co-opted the movement. They may have co-opted a few candidates, which at least will get this influence into government faster.

I personally think that this will eventually evolve into some sort of Confederalist movement, ie returning power back to the states, rather than centralizing it, simply because there is really no more power to give to Washington DC.

Europe unfortunately, seems to be going the other direction.

Randism IS religious dogma..

Why? To be honest I don't know enough about Ayn Rand to be sure if you mean:

a) Her philosophy is basically a religious dogma

or

b ) She was a religious nutjob into the bargain

All i know is that 'She considered reason to be the only means of acquiring knowledge and the most important aspect of her philosophy'.

Edited by General Congreve

It's not nearly as clear cut as that

The TPM is a pretty broad church. There's no doubt that powerful interests are trying to co-opt and subvert it for themselves. Palin is owned by the political establishment. When you see John McCain following her around to political rallies, you just know she is rotten

The TPM is too big and too disparate to come under the umbrella of the Republican party. There are plenty of people out there just as pi$ed off with the republicans as they are with Obama.

What is happening out there is just the beginning.

It is the formation of a response to the global liberal establishment that owns and controls all sides of the political spectrum

You can't pull the wool over peoples eyes on this scale and expect to get away with it indefinitely

So don't write off the TPM as a bunch of wild eyed fundamentalist loons just yet

The thing is, a lot of the blame for the mess the US is in, for big government, for profligacy of the public finances, is due to the previous Republican governments. Yes, you can have a movement within the Republican party which is for small government, etc.. However, when you see the same old faces that were (and are) for big Government and the likes of Palin getting involved with the TPM, then you just know it's being co-opted for the sake of power by a few, as usual, rather than for the greater good or for principles. Yes, it at least is causing a debate, but the idiots/bullies are joining in because it might get them into power, not because they agree with it or, in Palin's case, even understand it. Still, better than nothing I suppose.

Guest UK Debt Slave

The thing is, a lot of the blame for the mess the US is in, for big government, for profligacy of the public finances, is due to the previous Republican governments. Yes, you can have a movement within the Republican party which is for small government, etc.. However, when you see the same old faces that were (and are) for big Government and the likes of Palin getting involved with the TPM, then you just know it's being co-opted for the sake of power by a few, as usual, rather than for the greater good or for principles. Yes, it at least is causing a debate, but the idiots/bullies are joining in because it might get them into power, not because they agree with it or, in Palin's case, even understand it. Still, better than nothing I suppose.

Agreed, and many people in the TPM realize this. GW Bush is recognized as having been a disaster for America by a lot of people in the TPM.

The TPM are just as angry with the Republicans. (They call them RINOs, "Republican in name only" ) as thay are with the democracts

The Republicans have tried to install Palin as a cheerleader for the TPM but I'm not convinced this will work or that Palin will want to play their game. She did after all want Alaska to secede from the Union once upon a time.

It's all very dynamic and it's way too early to say how all this is going to pan out at the moment.

It could truly end up being revolutionary

Do you mean Native Americans ?

Maybe the Native British should start a party too.

Is anyone peeved at the number of immigrants ? Or is immigration good for everyone in the UK ? or is immigration good for just the ruling classes and large businesses ?

I've said a couple of times now I wont vote any of themajor parties again, UKIP is my next port of call. Maybe we need a real part for the real people to start the real recovery.

Er, by 'bunch of Injins' I did NOT mean native americans... :blink: Have you not heard of a poster called 'Injin' - he's quite famous round these parts...

All i know is that 'She considered reason to be the only means of acquiring knowledge and the most important aspect of her philosophy'.

Who said that about her? Her agent? :rolleyes:

Very interesting documentary about the tea party, Andrew Neil doing a great job as usual.

Whilst I an economically close to the tea party, I don't do the God bit at all.

What equivalent could we have here in the UK? Is the Libertarians?

Nothing more than a bunch of cretins in the thrall of vile demagogues like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. The same overbearing mawkish patriotism was the seed from which the Nazi party grew.

Complete BBC propaganda

The objective by the Been is to label the Tea Party movement as being; racist, hillbilly hicks, facists etc

In fact the Tea Party just wants a smaller state, with less tax. And also an end of the TBTF bull chrony capitalism

People at the Beeb don't like free markets and free competiton, just like Mr Bogbrush.

The Beeb propaganda does show that the Beeb and the establishment are worried about independent political parties that are not connected to the big corporations.

Obama / Brown / Camoron all wotk for the gig corporations, not for the people that elected them

Rant over.

Complete BBC propaganda

The objective by the Been is to label the Tea Party movement as being; racist, hillbilly hicks, facists etc

In fact the Tea Party just wants a smaller state, with less tax. And also an end of the TBTF bull chrony capitalism

People at the Beeb don't like free markets and free competiton, just like Mr Bogbrush.

The Beeb propaganda does show that the Beeb and the establishment are worried about independent political parties that are not connected to the big corporations.

Obama / Brown / Camoron all wotk for the gig corporations, not for the people that elected them

Rant over.

In fact for a group supposedly calling for a smaller state, it is strange they are seeking to use the power of the state to enforce religious nonsense in schools. Their core agenda is a the creation of a theocratic state.

Andrew (part of the establishment) Neil, calls Glenn Beck for exactly what Neil is - an opinion manipulator

Priceless hypocracy

Andrew Neil is hardly an establishment figure.