House Price Crash Forum

B.m.v.

HPCheese

HOLA441

Please try and keep this quiet, but I've heard there's a new business model for making money on buy-to-let. Apparently it's called B.M.V, or 'Below Market Value'. Basically what this entails (for the non-business minded), is to buy a product for less than the 'market value', and that way you can make money on it by selling it at some point in the future for 'market value'.

Surely this is some sort of genius, and WHY HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE???

Seriously though, *shhhhh*, don't tell anyone...

If everyone tried to buy 'BMV' then the housing market would come crashing down. Or wait......maybe when people buy 'BMV' that means prices are coming down???

No, of course not. Only the smart people are buying houses BELOW MARKET VALUE. Just don't tell anyone, or the 'Below Market Values' will become 'ABV's', (Above Market Values').

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I am not sure such a concept of 'below market value' can exist in the housing market. I the value of a house is what it is sold for then surely the price they pay for it is the market value.

Who are they trying to kid..us or themselves?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
I am not sure such a  concept of 'below market value' can exist in the housing market. I the value of a house is what it is sold for then surely the price they pay for it is the market value.

Who are they trying to kid..us or themselves?

If your buying as an investment, market value is based on yield. I guess the overall yield is the rental return + profit/loss from selling. BMV sounds like a pretty dubious prospect if you aren't getting a whooping rental yield to the point that you can afford to capital loss.

HOLA448
Please try and keep this quiet, but I've heard there's a new business model for making money on buy-to-let. Apparently it's called B.M.V, or 'Below Market Value'. Basically what this entails (for the non-business minded), is to buy a product for less than the 'market value', and that way you can make money on it by selling it at some point in the future for 'market value'.

Surely this is some sort of genius, and WHY HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE???

If everyone tried to buy 'BMV' then the housing market would come crashing down. Or wait......maybe when people buy 'BMV' that means prices are coming down???

No, of course not. Only the smart people are buying houses BELOW MARKET VALUE. Just don't tell anyone, or the 'Below Market Values' will become 'ABV's', (Above Market Values').

So let me get this right, that's buy cheap, sell high?

Good grief, this is pure genius!!!!

Quick, delete this thread webmaster. Keep it to ourselves!!

Mwahahhahhahhahhhahhhahahhaaa!!

NDL

HOLA449
HOLA4410