House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Sando

Leading Environmental Campaignes Flip-Flop To Support Nuclear Power And Gm Foods

Leading Environmental Campaigners Flip-flop to Support Nuclear Power and GM Foods

Monday, 01 November 2010 08:51

'This propaganda alert claims the environmental movement has been wrong for decades in opposing GMO foods and nuclear power. It's a clear indication that the real environmental movement has been hijacked by the crowd that promotes CO2 as more dangerous than depleted uranium, or genetically-mutated pesticide-ready crops. It's convenient for the establishment to force the world's population to choose between the lesser of their two evils, both of which thoroughly enrich them and continue to poison the planet.'

My link

Leading Environmental Campaigners Flip-flop to Support Nuclear Power and GM Foods

Monday, 01 November 2010 08:51

'This propaganda alert claims the environmental movement has been wrong for decades in opposing GMO foods and nuclear power. It's a clear indication that the real environmental movement has been hijacked by the crowd that promotes CO2 as more dangerous than depleted uranium, or genetically-mutated pesticide-ready crops. It's convenient for the establishment to force the world's population to choose between the lesser of their two evils, both of which thoroughly enrich them and continue to poison the planet.'

My link

GM food is one of the few things that genuinely frightens me, for two reasons. One, large corporations can hold people to ransom with them, but the biggest thing for me is that we don't know what impact it'll have. We're told they're safe, but then various things in the past have been 'safe', but then turned out to be deadly - chlorinated compounds containing dioxins, for example.

Now, if the former global warming crowd are promoting them as a good thing, it makes me even more suspicious!

It sounds more like they're saying 'well maybe they're not all that bad after all' rather than fully supporting them.

Of course, extremists on both sides will take the headlines as they see fit and use it for their own propaganda purposes. <_<

It's obvious what has happened.

These stooges have had a payout from Monsanto and Nuclear power corporations.

It would be nice if shell or BP offered these green loons some coin to change their mind on the global warming hoax , but that would have to be a heck of a lot of money to compete with the amount the govt and taxpayers give these scumbags.

GM food is one of the few things that genuinely frightens me, for two reasons. One, large corporations can hold people to ransom with them, but the biggest thing for me is that we don't know what impact it'll have. We're told they're safe, but then various things in the past have been 'safe', but then turned out to be deadly - chlorinated compounds containing dioxins, for example.

Now, if the former global warming crowd are promoting them as a good thing, it makes me even more suspicious!

What bothers me about them is so much effort spent pushing them when I can't see why there's any need for them.

Nuclear power, on the other hand, is the only realistic option we've got at the moment if we want a decent quantity, reliable source of power. If some of the greens are waking up to that so much the better.

What bothers me about them is so much effort spent pushing them when I can't see why there's any need for them.

Because they leave the farmers and therefore us even more dependant upon big agro-business that currently sells fertilizers and seeds. In a nutshell, because big business is pushing them.

US farmers who are not using GM seeds have been sued for storing the seeds from their current (non GM) crops as adjacent farms are using GM and there is a chance they may have a few (and cannot prove they do not). Most GM seed contracts expressly forbid storing seeds, which is in my eyes, going against nature at a fundamental level.

In the developed countries with mature agriculture sectors, there is no need for GM seeds / crops. It is possible to breed in resistance to pests, come up with new varieties, etc without GM. Perhaps there is a case for GM in the developing world, but this is undermined because the GM seed supply is tightly controlled (see above). So overall I can think of nowhere that GM is currently of benefit.

"Food, inc" is a recommended film if you want to know more about this kind of thing.

MV5BOTI4MzU3MTIyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM5MjY0Mg@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

All they have to do is doctor and slip into the next years seeds either gen modified to harm the population over time or programmed to fail to reach harvest maturity creating massive artificial famines.

Both mass genocidal population reducers!

They always start out like this - conning the population that they only have their welfare/benefit in mind then in an instant turn on the population.

You can see this in practice with our modern politicians who promise loads of stuff and rarely deliver - setting up the country for poorer, harder times and tightening their Big Brother strangleholds on us!

All they have to do is doctor and slip into the next years seeds either gen modified to harm the population over time or programmed to fail to reach harvest maturity creating massive artificial famines.

Both mass genocidal population reducers!

They always start out like this - conning the population that they only have their welfare/benefit in mind then in an instant turn on the population.

You can see this in practice with our modern politicians who promise loads of stuff and rarely deliver - setting up the country for poorer, harder times and tightening their Big Brother strangleholds on us!

thing is,most of these new inventions,like atom splitting,are always born out of goodwill and the desire to to well on earth and to genuinely help people.(free power for all etc)

...until somebody decides to come along and weaponise it.

GM is no different.the basic premise that it will curb crop failures and increase food yield is quite benevolent.

..but then the big boys come along and fiddle around a bit more.

thing is,most of these new inventions,like atom splitting,are always born out of goodwill and the desire to to well on earth and to genuinely help people.(free power for all etc)

...until somebody decides to come along and weaponise it.

GM is no different.the basic premise that it will curb crop failures and increase food yield is quite benevolent.

..but then the big boys come along and fiddle around a bit more.

In USA they forced the general public in every State to fork out Billions of extra tax dollars to digitise their Universities and have them connected online.

Within a couple of years of completion they shut it all down to the masses - as you can now only access with a password.