House Price Crash Forum

"mumsnet Economics"

hedgefunded

HOLA441

It's genius

But as a marking slogan for cosmetics it was absolute genius anyway, so it's a good place to start.

Nothing quite captures a value based on nothing but perception.

But you're a little behind.

From wiki.

L’Oréal's famous advertising slogan is "Because I’m worth it". In mid 2000s this was replaced by "Because you're worth it". In late 2009 the slogan was changed again to "Because we're worth it" following motivation analysis and work into consumer psychology of Dr. Maxim Titorenko. The shift to "we" was made to create stronger consumer involvement in L'Oréal philosophy and lifestyle and provide more consumer satisfaction with L'Oréal products. L’Oréal also owns a Hair and Body products line for kids called L'Oréal Kids, the slogan for which is "Because we're worth it too".

Arrrr god the idea that I would be more satisfied with a product designed TO CLEAN MY HAIR due to the addition of the word "we're" makes me sick.

HHGTTG toothpick instruction momment.

HOLA442

L’Oréal's famous advertising slogan is "Because I’m worth it". In mid 2000s this was replaced by "Because you're worth it". In late 2009 the slogan was changed again to "Because we're worth it" following motivation analysis and work into consumer psychology of Dr. Maxim Titorenko. The shift to "we" was made to create stronger consumer involvement in L'Oréal philosophy and lifestyle and provide more consumer satisfaction with L'Oréal products. L’Oréal also owns a Hair and Body products line for kids called L'Oréal Kids, the slogan for which is "Because we're worth it too".

Next year it'll be: "Because this sh*t's worth it..."

HOLA443

How about "mumsnetism" which encompasses a full ideology/mindest of economic illiteracy, NIMBY-ism, ill-informed and illogical sociopolpolitical ramblings and an obsession with low brow media/entertainment "stories"

or am I being a little harsh???

If we're attempting to encompass the entire culture then how about "cretinism"?

HOLA444

Arrrr god the idea that I would be more satisfied with a product designed TO CLEAN MY HAIR due to the addition of the word "we're" makes me sick.

HHGTTG toothpick instruction momment.

But I can't help but admire it.

Cosmetics are a fantasy. The marketing of cosmetics are a fantasy built on a fantasy. But how much value to the entire L'Oreal product range have those 4 – 5 words added?

But the real beauty here is that it's this kind of direct to sub conscious marketing that's at the root of the last 20 years of cultural and political change. All of it, every inch, is a fantasy.

Co-opting this phrase into something that becomes synonymous with the fantasy economy of the last 10 years or so, is nothing short of genius

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

There is a meat product I see at Asda, aimed at the little girl market, called "Fairy Hearts", I kid you not.

Where is the spoonerism police for crying out loud?

pink-sausage-300x206.jpg

That is funny on so many levels. the spoonerism is great but just the idea of pink, heart shaped meat for girls... :o

You know how Captain Beefheart got his name?

HOLA448

I posted this phrase on another thread, but I'd like to offer it to HPC and the world.

To me, "Mumsnet Economics" is a mindset that cannot see wood for trees but believes a few twigs will add £10k.

It's the kind of economics that wants 10% off of the new place as "They're asking silly money", but refuses to drop £1 on the place they bought in 2007.

Mumsnet Economics means that a shiny 4x4 is a good investment, but renting is always dead money.

Of course, this is a play on Voodoo Economics, and as an uneducated fellow, I only learned that from Ferris Bueller.

Brilliant. I think "Mumsnet Economics" is much better than "Voodoo Economics".

A bit chauvinistic, admittedly, but it has the beneficial side effect of embarrassing chauvinistic blokes that have professed similar views. :) So, in a roundabout way, it is no longer chauvinistic! :D

HOLA449

There is a meat product I see at Asda, aimed at the little girl market, called "Fairy Hearts", I kid you not.

Where is the spoonerism police for crying out loud?

pink-sausage-300x206.jpg

This, right here, this is why I burn on the threshold of Wal-Mart uk.

Fairy hearts, processed unspecified pink meat you are meant to feed to your kids!

HOLA4410

I posted this phrase on another thread, but I'd like to offer it to HPC and the world.

To me, "Mumsnet Economics" is a mindset that cannot see wood for trees but believes a few twigs will add £10k.

It's the kind of economics that wants 10% off of the new place as "They're asking silly money", but refuses to drop £1 on the place they bought in 2007.

Mumsnet Economics means that a shiny 4x4 is a good investment, but renting is always dead money.

Of course, this is a play on Voodoo Economics, and as an uneducated fellow, I only learned that from Ferris Bueller.

I like it. We could twin it with Neo-Sheepalism under the banner of the MEW World Order.

Archived