House Price Crash Forum

Best Place To Buy Physical In London

HOLA441
HOLA442

Just need a quick heads up where the best place in London is to buy Sovereigns at a fair price.

Also a ballpark figure on said fair price would be neat.

Best price I know of is at Bairds and Co, they're selling at around 212 GBP right now, but I think it'll be lower over the next couple of weeks myself.

HOLA443
HOLA444

When I was trying to buy a few sovereign's back in early 2009 it was literally dribs and drabs, demand was so high at the time. Only managed to scrape 10 together after several weeks of trying before I lost patience and bought Kruger's instead. Obviously due to CGT-exemption demand is usually sky high.

Let us know how you go, would be interesting to get a snapshot of the situation on the ground.

HOLA445

Best price I know of is at Bairds and Co, they're selling at around 212 GBP right now, but I think it'll be lower over the next couple of weeks myself.

I would also recommend Baird & Co. As a retail customer you will have to go Baird's offices and refinery in East London (near City Airport), however if you have 5K cash you should be able to buy at the trade counter at Hatton Garden.

http://goldline.co.uk/contactPage.page

I have also seen that coininvestdirect are going to have a stand at the World Money Show in London on the 12-13 Nov, 2010. They do say on their website that they will be selling at special rates.

http://www.coininvestdirect.com

http://www.moneyshow.com/tradeshow/london/world_moneyshow/main.asp?scode=013721

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA446
HOLA447

I would use Elm for Sovereigns - and / or Hatton Garden for Krugerrans.

For elm you agree a price on phone, send them a cheque same day using special / recorded delivery so you know it will get there and they send the gold once cheque has cleared (usually within 7 days).

Anyone care to comment on the sizeable difference in prices between these guys and, say, Baird?

____________Kruggerand

Baird________921______

Elm_________891______

Hatton_______881______

HOLA448

Anyone care to comment on the sizeable difference in prices between these guys and, say, Baird?

____________Kruggerand

Baird________921______

Elm_________891______

Hatton_______881______

It pays to shop around. Some adjust their prices real time inline with the spot price. Others adjust twice a day or just once a day, and so differences will often be apparent.

Some like Sarnia silver ( do not sell gold) seem to set their prices and stay with them till new stock arrives and price accordingly.

The other reason they differ is that they may choose to add different premiums (profit margins) to the spot price.

Bairds have a good reputation and are well known so can charge more and to my mind sucker people in. B)

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

HOLA449

Bairds have a good reputation and are well known so can charge more and to my mind sucker people in. B)

Steady, there's a few here who may well have bought off them in the past; not me mind. No, I was rather thinking about a friend. Nobody you know. Just a friend. Not even a good friend. Like I say, nobody you'd know. Pointless mentioning his name. Did I say "his"? Actually I meant "their". Wouldn't want you thinking I was talking about a bloke, such as me. Even if I was talking about a bloke, wouldn't mean it was me, would it? No. Just a friend. Like I say, nobody you'd know .....

HOLA4410

Steady, there's a few here who may well have bought off them in the past; not me mind. No, I was rather thinking about a friend. Nobody you know. Just a friend. Not even a good friend. Like I say, nobody you'd know. Pointless mentioning his name. Did I say "his"? Actually I meant "their". Wouldn't want you thinking I was talking about a bloke, such as me. Even if I was talking about a bloke, wouldn't mean it was me, would it? No. Just a friend. Like I say, nobody you'd know .....

:huh::blink: keep taking the tablets...

Edited by GinAndPlatonic