House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buffer Bear

Fourth Month Of Hpd

Just seen the tail end of a paper review reporting on the fourth month of house price deflation. Any ideas which report was being referred to?

Edited by Buffer Bear

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/house-and-home/property/house-prices-fall-for-fourth-month-in-a-row-2121990.html

House prices fall for fourth month in a row
Further evidence that the downturn in house prices is accelerating will be published today when Hometrack, the market analyst, will say prices fell by 0.9 per cent
Edited by Pent Up

Just seen the tail end of a paper review reporting on the fourth month of house price deflation. Any ideas which report was being referred to?

Hi Buffer - what happened with the property your family were selling off? I've tried to find the thread but can't.

Excellent news for first time buyers. They might not be able to get a mortgage but at least their deposit has grown faster than house prices in the last year.

And it's predicted to get better.

There's no hurry to 'get on the ladder before it's too late'.

It's now true that you've been better off not buyung these last 12 momths.

And what's truly wonderful is the hopeful prospect that falling prices will deter demand of themselves.

A good bearish start to the week for us hpc'ers.

This Hometrack report has even just been mentioned on ITV's Daybreak news item, so word should be getting round now.

They said this 0.9% fall is the biggest drop in 21 months, and was the 4th month in a row that prices had gone down.

Let's hope next, for a drop in those Halifax figures, due out later this week.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/house-and-home/property/house-prices-fall-for-fourth-month-in-a-row-2121990.html

House prices fall for fourth month in a row
Further evidence that the downturn in house prices is accelerating will be published today when Hometrack, the market analyst, will say prices fell by 0.9 per cent

Typical the way they try and temper that article towards the end but after using the word "accelerating" and those numbers and then trying to claim that it will only fall 10% and then saying "there is little prospect for any material change in market fundamentals" I don't think anyone will hang much hope on the 10% claim.

This site is a happy place these days, i like to pop in and catch the latest news over breakfast B)

Edited by athom

A good bearish start to the week for us hpc'ers.

This Hometrack report has even just been mentioned on ITV's Daybreak news item, so word should be getting round now.

They said this 0.9% fall is the biggest drop in 21 months, and was the 4th month in a row that prices had gone down.

Let's hope next, for a drop in those Halifax figures, due out later this week.

Nothing on BBC news, quelle surprise

Nothing on BBC news, quelle surprise

To be honest it's not a major index so I wouldn't expect

It to be get much media coverage. Surprised it was on daybreak actually.

All good though :)

This Hometrack report has even just been mentioned on ITV's Daybreak news item, so word should be getting round .......

....... Christine Bleakley's extended family.

_

Edited by Sledgehead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/8100445/UK-house-prices-show-first-year-on-year-fall.html

HomeFinanceEconomicsHouse PricesUK house prices show first year-on-year fall
House prices in England and Wales dipped 0.1pc in October from a year earlier, giving the first year-on-year fall since January as a stand-off emerged between buyers and sellers.

The only thing that comes to mind is something about small acorns and growth, or lack thereof in this case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/8100445/UK-house-prices-show-first-year-on-year-fall.html

HomeFinanceEconomicsHouse PricesUK house prices show first year-on-year fall
House prices in England and Wales dipped 0.1pc in October from a year earlier, giving the first year-on-year fall since January as a stand-off emerged between buyers and sellers.

The only thing that comes to mind is something about small acorns and growth, or lack thereof in this case.

But 'today's figures are the latest in a run of gloomy data for the housing market' says the Telegraph. That's bad, isn't it?

But 'today's figures are the latest in a run of gloomy data for the housing market' says the Telegraph. That's bad, isn't it?

notice they haven't allowed comments - the last 'gloomy' house price article they had had comments, and ended up as a bear-fest , so no comments this time...

Alls good in my neck of the woods according to whatever knob wrote this article in my local rag today

knob

THE housing market in Suffolk appears to be improving with estate agents reporting an increase in interest during the past fortnight

I have to admit that I too have been taking more interest in property lately. The faster the prices fall the more interested I find myself becoming. :D

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-01/u-k-house-prices-fall-most-since-january-2009-as-homebuyer-demand-weakens.html

U.K. House Prices Fall Most Since January 2009, Hometrack Says
By Svenja O’Donnell - Nov 1, 2010 12:43 PM GMT
Play VideoNov. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Richard Donnell, director of research at Hometrack Data Systems Ltd., talks about the outlook for the U.K. housing market. He speaks with Maryam Nemazee on Bloomberg Television's "Countdown." (Source: Bloomberg)
U.K. house prices fell the most since January 2009 last month as demand weakened and more people put their property on the market, Hometrack Ltd. said.
The average cost of a home fell 0.9 percent from the previous month
to 156,200 pounds ($248,764), a fourth straight decline, the London-based property researcher said in an e- mailed statement today. Demand from buyers fell 2 percent, while the number of homes for sale rose 1.9 percent.

buuRRRRRRRRRRRpppppPP***!

THE housing market in Suffolk appears to be improving with estate agents reporting an increase in interest during the past fortnight

I have to admit that I too have been taking more interest in property lately. The faster the prices fall the more interested I find myself becoming. :D

:lol:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-01/u-k-house-prices-fall-most-since-january-2009-as-homebuyer-demand-weakens.html

U.K. House Prices Fall Most Since January 2009, Hometrack Says
By Svenja O’Donnell - Nov 1, 2010 12:43 PM GMT
Play VideoNov. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Richard Donnell, director of research at Hometrack Data Systems Ltd., talks about the outlook for the U.K. housing market. He speaks with Maryam Nemazee on Bloomberg Television's "Countdown." (Source: Bloomberg)
U.K. house prices fell the most since January 2009 last month as demand weakened and more people put their property on the market, Hometrack Ltd. said.
The average cost of a home fell 0.9 percent from the previous month
to 156,200 pounds ($248,764), a fourth straight decline, the London-based property researcher said in an e- mailed statement today. Demand from buyers fell 2 percent, while the number of homes for sale rose 1.9 percent.

buuRRRRRRRRRRRpppppPP***!

The table on the front page of HPC doesn't give an average cost figure for Hometrack. Have they only started putting out such a figure, or can we get the mods to update the table?

Y-O-Y fall is pretty significant and could be the start of a major trend downwards. Anyone who uses trend following in trading - a major sell indicator. See the works of Richard Donchian.

Alls good in my neck of the woods according to whatever knob wrote this article in my local rag today

knob

my brother is looking to gazump to get his dream home in Essex, so sounds like that neck of the woods (Essex, Suffolk, Cambs) has a clear sentiment

Edited by Si1

knob

Mr Girling agreed that there has been a lack of first-time buyers in recent months. He said: “If lenders start letting first time buyers in with a 5% rather than 15 or 20% deposit it would help bring more buyers to the market, but then prices will go up because there will be more demand.

So if banks start lending prices will go up and that means FTB taking on even more debt. Brilliant Mr.Girling

“We have several houses that need work doing and people would love to buy them because they are cheaper but by the time they have put down a 15% deposit, there is no money left over to do the property up.”

Whereas if they just needed a 5% deposit they could spend the rest on the house and who cares about the extra 40, 50 or £60,000 grand added to their mortgage.

Edited by pajd