House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ralphmalph

Kerry Katona's Mum's Repo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1325346/Kerry-Katonas-distraught-mother-evicted-home.html

I am surprised I would have though she was entitled to all sorts of benefits.

Sue, 50, was given the terraced house in Warrington, Cheshire by her daughter who bought it for £37,500 with her earnings from Atomic Kitten.

However she has now been forced to leave as the house is being sold to pay off Kerry's debts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1325346/Kerry-Katonas-distraught-mother-evicted-home.html#ixzz13y6jT0rl

So she didn't give it to her mum as the article says? Odd thing, if you were in the sh1t you would make sure it was in her name.

Sue, 50, was given the terraced house in Warrington, Cheshire by her daughter who bought it for £37,500 with her earnings from Atomic Kitten.

However she has now been forced to leave as the house is being sold to pay off Kerry's debts.

So she didn't give it to her mum as the article says? Odd thing, if you were in the sh1t you would make sure it was in her name.

She probably did, but the OR has decided that she was doing it to hide assets....

She probably did, but the OR has decided that she was doing it to hide assets....

I don't believe it works that way. Kerry could have been charged with Fraud if that were the case, but to seize the assets from another person would require 'proceeds of crime act' seizure and that is not easy, very rare, and would follow a fraud case, which hasn't happened.

It looks likely it was Kerrys house.

Well for all the boyz wanting to know what Kerry will look like in the not too distant future, take at look at her Mum.

Think I'll pass thank you.

LOL

But Rooney has just put her number in his phone for later.

I don't believe it works that way. Kerry could have been charged with Fraud if that were the case, but to seize the assets from another person would require 'proceeds of crime act' seizure and that is not easy, very rare, and would follow a fraud case, which hasn't happened.

If I give my mum GBP40k when all is fine, but a year later I go bankrupt, the official receiver will probably try to claim it back. It's the same type of thing if my father gives me GBP40k then carps it within 7 years.

The Official Receiver can examine large asset transfers for a period prior to an insolvency. They have the power to set aside such trasfers and reclaim the assets if they believe they have unfairly prejudiced other creditors. I don't think they usually go back further than 2 years but perhaps someone can clarify that.(edit) so it doesn't mean it was intended to hide assets or as 'fraudulent', it could simply prefer one creditor over another. (i.e. She probably did not know she was going to be bankrupt at a later date)

Kerry had hoped to avoid having to sell the property she had bought for her mother, which she kept in her own name, however Sue's worst fears were confirmed when she received a letter telling her bailiffs would size the property.

According to the article Kerry had kept it in her own name which explains why it can be seized by her creditors.

Kerry didn't actually give the house to her Mum, she bought it and allowed her Mum to live there.

According to the article Kerry had kept it in her own name which explains why it can be seized by her creditors.

Kerry didn't actually give the house to her Mum, she bought it and allowed her Mum to live there.

Indeed. Insidious b1tch!

I don't think the OR can reverse a transaction further back than six months. KK said it was "hers for life", as in still mine really.

Guidance Notes for completion of your Statement of Affairs (Debtor’s Petition) Form 6.28 under Section 272 of the Insolvency Act 1986

Q.3.5

If you have sold or given away any of your assets in the last 5 years and received less money than they were worth or no money at all you must provide full details of the transaction.

The trustee may apply to the court for an order restoring property to him or her if you disposed of it in a way which was unfair to the creditors (for example, if before bankruptcy you had transferred property to a relative for less than its worth).

Seems sensible, otherwise one could borrow £1,000,000, give it to one's parents, then declare oneself bankrput and have it written off (whilst living in one's parents' new £1,000,000 'Mansion').

;)

Guidance Notes for completion of your Statement of Affairs (Debtor’s Petition) Form 6.28 under Section 272 of the Insolvency Act 1986

Q.3.5

If you have sold or given away any of your assets in the last 5 years and received less money than they were worth or no money at all you must provide full details of the transaction.

The trustee may apply to the court for an order restoring property to him or her if you disposed of it in a way which was unfair to the creditors (for example, if before bankruptcy you had transferred property to a relative for less than its worth).