House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ILBB

Uk Housing Old, Pokey And Expensive! Ft Article

Britain is a rich, modern and dynamic country but its housing is among the oldest, pokiest and most expensive in the developed world. I am German and have lived in London for just over a year. When my friends and family visit, they are surprised at how sub-standard British houses look. That surprise turns into astonishment and shock when I tell them how much one has to pay for them. I am becoming increasingly irritated at being pitied all the time – and yes, I know I could afford something better in Germany.....<snip>.....The culprit is the planning system. .....<snip>...If Britain wants to solve its housing crisis, the solution cannot come from better central planning but only from more local and incentivised planning. Only then will it escape unflattering international comparisons

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28dbf370-22e9-11d...000e2511c8.html

Sorry web site owner - meant to post it into general forum - can you pull it from here please?

Edited by ILBB