House Price Crash Forum
200p

Whats The Next Bubble?

Any ideas what the next bubble could be?

Ideally -

1. Should be easy for Joe public to buy into - the easier the bigger the bubble it will inflate.

2. Appealing to the masses

3. Seen as a WIN WIN situation (when it is not)

4. People are willing to get excited over it

Any ideas what the next bubble could be?

Ideally -

1. Should be easy for Joe public to buy into - the easier the bigger the bubble it will inflate.

2. Appealing to the masses

3. Seen as a WIN WIN situation (when it is not)

4. People are willing to get excited over it

The stock market ?

Stock market not so sure - people will always remember that shares can crash - we wont see a bubble for some time yet.

I am talking on the proportions of property - we have many people still saying houses prices can ONLY GO UP.

Buying is not appealing to the masses - its not particularily accessible, or attractive to female investors such as property.

Any other ideas?

Stock market not so sure - people will always remember that shares can crash - we wont see a bubble for some time yet.

I am talking on the proportions of property - we have many people still saying houses prices can ONLY GO UP.

Buying is not appealing to the masses - its not particularily accessible, or attractive to female investors such as property.

Any other ideas?

Bicycles :blink:

Expect a credit crunch. All that debt will be clawed back and new debt (liquidity) will be reduced.

The result will be that all forms of investment will suffer as the flow of money (via credit) into all markets will fall. Falling markets will reduce liquidity even further.

There will not then be another bubble for 10-20 years. When it happens I expect it'll be in property or shares as most bubbles are. I'd guess shares.

Guest muttley

The stock market.Best sectors healthcare,financial service,Asia and (gasp)Technology.Large cap to outperform small cap (again).

The next bubble started in 2001: gold and mining shares.

I agree, this appears to have been the bubble over the last 4 years - having said that the SM itself has done pretty well since 2003. Where they go next is anybody's guess but gold is always a good bet for bears. :)

What about technology, biotech, etc? They still seem very depressed since the crash and - possibly - are due an upward swing. Again, when/if that happens is anybody's guess.

Uranium miner's listing glows

By Robin Bromby

September 10, 2005

INVESTORS inflated the uranium bubble still further yesterday by quadrupling the price of Energy Metals within minutes of its listing.

The shares, issued at 25c, hit $1 at the open and ended the day at a handsome 86.5c.

The company, which has 53 per cent of a high-grade deposit in the Northern Territory, was targeted after its share was heavily oversubscribed and closed early.

Meanwhile, new floats continue to be launched to try to satisfy investor hunger, with Maximus Resources launching a $6 million initial public offering based on uranium, gold and base metal targets in South Australia and the Northern Territory.

But it was Energy Metals' day.

The company was spun out of Jindalee Resources and controls seven uranium projects.

Advertisement:

The most advanced is the 53 per cent owned Bigrlyl in the Northern Territory where historic exploration estimated a 2630-tonne resource. But the area contains more than 13 potential drilling targets along a 14km strike zone.

Before the listing, Resource Capital Research said the $6 million face worth of all shares on issue meant Energy Metals was undervalued compared with similar companies where market capitalisation was between $15 million and $30 million.

Far East Capital analyst Warwick Grigor said Energy Metals' appeal was that the Bigrlyl deposit was high grade.

"That's what makes it stand out from the others," he said. "This proves the market still wants uranium stocks."

But Mr Grigor said his charting showed many of the uranium hopefuls had seen their share prices ease in recent weeks, but not dramatically.

"It's not the collapse of a bubble," he said.

Those promoting Maximus Resources will be hoping so

The next Bubble will be Oxygen

Remember, everyone needs oxygen so prices can only go up, plus you cant refuse to buy it like you can with extortionate house prices because otherwise, you will die.

And Oxygen Prices only ever go up, there will be Buy-to-breathe loans offered by banks for people to buy up the remaning oxygen in the atmosphere to rent on to others at extortionate prices by force. :huh:

Edited by A Fool & His Borrowed Money

The next Bubble will be Oxygen

Remember, everyone needs oxygen so prices can only go up, plus you cant refuse to buy it like you can with extortionate house prices because otherwise, you will die.

And Oxygen Prices only ever go up, there will be Buy-to-breathe loans offered by banks for people to buy up the remaning oxygen in the atmosphere to rent on to others at extortionate prices by force. :huh:

And it's a depleting resource due to the growth in the use of motor vehicles. Think of all that oxygen trapped inside tyres.

the topping phase of oil/energy (the big caps are rolling over and fail to make new highs even though thier earnings and the price of crude does. Mean while the mid cap and small cap and then micro caps take the lead along more and more speculative lines.)

Then negative economic sentiment sentiment

to lead to defensives and then defensive growth

with strong potential in health / drugs Baby boomers ageing and all that.

sp1

Bicycles  :blink:

While this may be in jest, would manufacturing make a come back if oil prices do not decline? Surely at some point importing from the other side of the world will become too expensive and home produced products would become the cheaper option? Or by then would the world be in a full state of anarchy, in which case investment would be a shotgun, tinned food and candles?

Potential for a bubble to develop in the medicals due to lots of treatments comming to the market for "unmet medical needs".

Combined with the baby booming ageing population stuff "unmet medical needs" is emotive and has got sound bite potential for a bubble, I'm starting to see "unmet medical needs" popping up more and more....

Riser what do you mean by 'a run on the banks'? How can this be a bubble?

Thanks in advance for you explanation.

C.P.

P.S. Bloody hell, still not exposed to gold even though I was very motivated last week to get sorted out. Think I'll wait for the next dip then buy in.

MSN had a headline that read "Gold at a 17-year high." So, if the popular press is talking about it, then it settled: gold will be the next bubble.

Just my 2 yens' worth.  :)

It'll take until tomorrow for that to filter into the main European press - let's see how many pick it up.

Guest muttley
MSN had a headline that read "Gold at a 17-year high." So, if the popular press is talking about it, then it settled: gold will be the next bubble.

Just my 2 yens' worth.  :)

If the popular press (and people who never invest) are talking about it,then it's too late already!!

Like property,the easy money has already been made.

Just my humble opinion.

If the popular press (and people who never invest) are talking about it,then it's too late already!!

Just my humble opinion.

I disagree, the bull market in gold is just getting started. The fact that this is a 17 year high in gold is simply a testament to the extent that gold has beaten back by central bank selling evry time it has rallied.

Eventually the central banks are going to realise that selling all their gold is not a good idea. Maybe that time is now.

I think stocks in general, and energy/resource stocks in particular. FTSE & Dow to surpass their all time highs in the next year- 18 months is quite possible and when that happens you'll see more bandwagoning.

Just looking at the floats on the stock market of internet gambling companies. News is they are floating for less than expected.

I'm thinking these might be worth a punt - I'm sure bookies and betting shops did good business during the last recession...

I suspect this is the voice of experience speaking here? Good post Muttley:

muttley Posted Today, 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Odakyu-sen @ Sep 15 2005, 10:18 PM)

Just my 2 yens' worth. 

Just my humble opinion.