House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boom Boom

Intellectually Bankrupt Harpy Converts To Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhG7xRkRcmw

An entirely cynical career move of course, Booth has no talent, but she is a valuable propaganda tool for the Iranian regime. She's never exactly been an intellectual, and so that she would covert to a faith without reading the instruction booklet, (the Quran in this case) comes a no great surprise. What I find beneath contempt is how she's roped her children into this madness. Should she choose to discard this faith as she did her Catholicism, she will discover her new friends rather less accommodating of this indulgence.

She always looked attractive enough to me. Admiteddly ive only seen her face shots in the Mail. She could have the body of a walrus. Even so, its amazing something so relatively attractive could be related to the monstrous cherie.

She does strike me as the kind of person who converts just to excite her bored housewife friends though.

She always looked attractive enough to me. Admiteddly ive only seen her face shots in the Mail. She could have the body of a walrus. Even so, its amazing something so relatively attractive could be related to the monstrous cherie.

She does strike me as the kind of person who converts just to excite her bored housewife friends though.

Err, I don't think there is any "could" about it.

Did you not watch the video?

somebody tell me please, where in the Koran (however its spelt, Ill use English for now) does GOD say that Women must cover from head to foot?

why would GOD order such a thing?

I am studying various bibles at the moment, (not the Koran), and I see flavours of interpretation that each sect would emphasize in context and out of context, to prove a point in their favour. JWs are one such group I am looking at, where dream revelations are in parts literally used and other parts are claimed to be just dreams...no real reason...just a differentiation by the controllers and benficieries of the group.

As for JWs, I am looking for the answer to why they think gods name was revealed as Jehova...when the bible clearly shows it was unpronouncable "JHWH", in many places...more like the sound of a breath of wind if my own thought is valid.

somebody tell me please, where in the Koran (however its spelt, Ill use English for now) does GOD say that Women must cover from head to foot?

I am studying various bibles at the moment, (not the Koran), and I see flavours of interpretation that each sect would emphasize in context and out of centext, to prove a point in their favour. JWs are one such group I am looking at, where dream revelations are in parts literally used and others are claimed to be dreams...no real reason...just a differentiation by the controllers and benficieries of the group.

As I understand it, the wording is that women must be separated from men by a screen whilst in the mosque. This has been corrupted over time to become fully-veiled clothing worn at all times the woman is outside the home.

I am studying various bibles at the moment, (not the Koran), and I see flavours of interpretation that each sect would emphasize in context and out of centext, to prove a point in their favour. JWs are one such group I am looking at, where dream revelations are in parts literally used and others are claimed to be dreams...no real reason...just a differentiation by the controllers and benficieries of the group.

Come on, you don't need to read all this stuff to work out that all religion is a mixture of fear of death and social manipulation.

The reason it says cover women is because the men who write it wan't to keep their women out of sight of other competing males.

The reason for the 10 Commandments is to establish social and religious order.

The reason for the Resurrection was to give tell people to be orderly because your reward is coming.

It's simply the greatest demonstration that there are serious flaws in the psychology of most humans.

When you die you die, there is nothing else. Make the best of it while you can. There is no soul, this is all of it.

As I understand it, the wording is that women must be separated from men by a screen whilst in the mosque. This has been corrupted over time to become fully-veiled clothing worn at all times the woman is outside the home.

thats interesting...that begs the question...why would GOD, who created both to worship himself and to love, demand segregation?

I can see the reasons for the corruption...I see that Islam was prevalent in desert contries, and people would have a covering to protect from the weather...clearly, men, would see most other women in this garb most of the time, so to see them without it, may be a shock and a turnon....mother nature at work on the clothing and the nature of men and women....

thats my logic...would like to see it picked apart and improved on please.

As for JWs, I am looking for the answer to why they think gods name was revealed as Jehova...when the bible clearly shows it was unpronouncable "JHWH", in many places...more like the sound of a breath of wind if my own thought is valid.

I wonder why he needed a name? I need one so I can be identified from other Humans, so perhaps He needed one because all the other Gods had one..... Who gave him it? Did he name himself?

It's all such utter bull.

I wonder why he needed a name? I need one so I can be identified from other Humans, so perhaps He needed one because all the other Gods had one..... Who gave him it? Did he name himself?

well, according to the moses, this was the name revealed to him...in my view, its not so much a name, as a demonstration that HE is the very breath of the Universe, not separate and needing a name as an object, but that which is all.

This fits in with my current World view based on energy and time and my understanding of relativity....if the Universe is capable of consciousness, and I can see no reason why such a large "organism" could not be in a way conscious, then this consciousness would be GOD....I cant see a purpose here though, as this "GOD" would just exist, just as we do. BUT, if this universal consciouseness had any control over its parts, then yes, it could arrange things to create whatever it wanted...My guess, thought, is that it would take more than 7 days.

apologies, these are big thoughts and trying to impart my feelings in one paragraph is a bit tricky.

well, according to the moses, this was the name revealed to him...in my view, its not so much a name, as a demonstration that HE is the very breath of the Universe, not separate and needing a name as an object, but that which is all.

This fits in with my current World view based on energy and time and my understanding of relativity....if the Universe is capable of consciousness, and I can see no reason why such a large "organism" could not be in a way conscious, then this consciousness would be GOD....I cant see a purpose here though, as this "GOD" would just exist, just as we do. BUT, if this universal consciouseness had any control over its parts, then yes, it could arrange things to create whatever it wanted...My guess, thought, is that it would take more than 7 days.

apologies, these are big thoughts and trying to impart my feelings in one paragraph is a bit tricky.

Do you have any evidence for the theory that the scattered matter of the Galaxies is an organism with consciousness?

Do you have any evidence for the theory that the scattered matter of the Galaxies is an organism with consciousness?

No. except this personal experience:

I had an out of body experience when I was young ( in Westminster Cathedral listening to Bach as it happens), and during that episode I felt I had a pipeline into infinite knowledge, I felt there was something that knew more, much more, infinitely more than I could.

The feeling was this:....I KNEW, that if I had a question, I would have the answer available..any question. That was the sum total of the experience....If I wanted to know, I could.

Trouble was, by the time the experience had passed, and I realised I could ask a question, well, the time had gone.

Iif this was god, im not sure...but it was an experience I have never forgotten.

I will be disappointed if there is a sane, logical, medical explanation of this.

By the way, I was up in the roof area looking down on myself and the audience while this was going on.

No. except this personal experience:

I had an out of body experience when I was young ( in Westminster Cathedral listening to Bach as it happens), and during that episode I felt I had a pipeline into infinite knowledge, I felt there was something that knew more, much more, infinitely more than I could.

The feeling was this:....I KNEW, that if I had a question, I would have the answer available..any question. That was the sum total of the experience....If I wanted to know, I could.

Trouble was, by the time the experience had passed, and I realised I could ask a question, well, the time had gone.

Iif this was god, im not sure...but it was an experience I have never forgotten.

I will be disappointed if there is a sane, logical, medical explanation of this.

By the way, I was up in the roof area looking down on myself and the audience while this was going on.

Ok, so you had a moment where your brain did some funny stuff to you. I realise you'd be disappointed if this was ordinary, but in the face of the vastly more likely reason that it was some random firing in your head giving you an illusion, is that any reason to convince yourself that it was insight into a Universe-sized organism with a consciousness which was communing with you?

Why not go with the more likely explanation - mundane as it is - that your neurons went a random for a few seconds?

Ok, so you had a moment where your brain did some funny stuff to you. I realise you'd be disappointed if this was ordinary, but in the face of the vastly more likely reason that it was some random firing in your head giving you an illusion, is that any reason to convince yourself that it was insight into a Universe-sized organism with a consciousness which was communing with you?

Why not go with the more likely explanation - mundane as it is - that your neurons went a random for a few seconds?

sure thing....but, I am not alone in getting this experience.

If this was a random event caused by impressive surroundings, impressive music and a random set of circumstances, why is it that many people will experience much the same?..Ive read of others who have Out of body experiences in times of stress, gurus who have them when they meditate ( they have to try very hard), and people near death.

A chat with a surgeon revealed that a person on the operating bed who is dying, has their aneasthetics reduced as part of an emergency recovery....this leads to memories of hearing the revival....but two personal acquaintances who had these experiences didnt get this "line to knowledge" that I had.

Is it we are all machines that have a set number of reactions...or is our consciousness capable of more than residing inside a nueron network?

Another experience for me was when my father died.

at the time he actually passed, I had an overwhelming urge to go and buy a magazine that he used to buy...I rarely bought it, but the urge was very strong.

I was told about 30 minutes later he had died.

creepy.

sure thing....but, I am not alone in getting this experience.

If this was a random event caused by impressive surroundings, impressive music and a random set of circumstances, why is it that many people will experience much the same?..Ive read of others who have Out of body experiences in times of stress, gurus who have them when they meditate ( they have to try very hard), and people near death.

A chat with a surgeon revealed that a person on the operating bed who is dying, has their aneasthetics reduced as part of an emergency recovery....this leads to memories of hearing the revival....but two personal acquaintances who had these experiences didnt get this "line to knowledge" that I had.

Is it we are all machines that have a set number of reactions...or is our consciousness capable of more than residing inside a nueron network?

Another experience for me was when my father died.

at the time he actually passed, I had an overwhelming urge to go and buy a magazine that he used to buy...I rarely bought it, but the urge was very strong.

I was told about 30 minutes later he had died.

creepy.

There's loads of reasons why people would get near-death experiences; the brain is all over the place at the time. Gurus are looking for it, maybe they've found how to induce these illusions.

As for the thing with the magazine; life is loaded with coincidences. We all do so many things every day and we have an innate tendency to look for patterns that aren't there. In the grand scheme of things, you wanting to buy that magazine isn't such a gigantic coincidence, considering all the other things that might have happened in the months, weeks, days, hours before he died. When we add to that all the thousands of people who don't have such a coincidence, it really becomes quite normal that out of many many people in the same situation something random would happen which would appear designed.

There's loads of reasons why people would get near-death experiences; the brain is all over the place at the time. Gurus are looking for it, maybe they've found how to induce these illusions.

As for the thing with the magazine; life is loaded with coincidences. We all do so many things every day and we have an innate tendency to look for patterns that aren't there. In the grand scheme of things, you wanting to buy that magazine isn't such a gigantic coincidence, considering all the other things that might have happened in the months, weeks, days, hours before he died. When we add to that all the thousands of people who don't have such a coincidence, it really becomes quite normal that out of many many people in the same situation something random would happen which would appear designed.

you are of course quite right...but the magazine thing...the feeling was very strong, as I said, overwhelming desire to go and get one...

course, I knew my dad was ill, but this wasnt the first time he'd been ill ( he was in and out of hospital for several years)..it was strange this was the only time I d had this particular urge, and the urge related to him in particular...and the timing too.

I did later go and buy the magazine...it really was boring and although I looked carefully, i didnt find any other message for me.

It was as if he had only a moment to say goodbye, and this was a unique thing he thought I would find unmistakable.

there has been nothing since.

The need for names goes back to an era before monotheism.

The Greek[1] thunderer Ζεύς became Jove in Rome. Sounds a lot like Jehova with an alternative accent. He's a personification of the storm.

[1] And sanskrit.

The need for names goes back to an era before monotheism.

The Greek[1] thunderer Ζεύς became Jove in Rome. Sounds a lot like Jehova with an alternative accent. He's a personification of the storm.

[1] And sanskrit.

sure, but back JWs, they make it a point that the fact THEY have the right name is key...the revealing of the name is important..I wanted to ask them how they got JEHOVAH out of JHWH, which other sects call Jahweh...as I said, it looks more like a word describing the sound of a breath of wind to me.

And why are women ALWAYS second class citizens in all these religions?

you are of course quite right...but the magazine thing...the feeling was very strong, as I said, overwhelming desire to go and get one...

Taking that (and similar anecdotes) at face value, you have evidence of something we don't understand. That's just fine (though evidence is not proof). Where it gets very silly is when people take the leap of illogic from "there's something I don't understand" to a conscious personification.

The ancients didn't understand the obviously powerful force of the storm, so we got thunder gods.

:)

Taking that (and similar anecdotes) at face value, you have evidence of something we don't understand. That's just fine (though evidence is not proof). Where it gets very silly is when people take the leap of illogic from "there's something I don't understand" to a conscious personification.

The ancients didn't understand the obviously powerful force of the storm, so we got thunder gods.

Indeed, neither of my personal experiences above would lead me to the belief in a "person" in control..

we are all made of stuff that has been around since the beginning, and the duality of light beams being both particals and waves, does indicate that where energy is concerned, just the physical has another, energetic side to it..so a brain, could have another non physical side to it, as has everything else...question is, does the manifestation of thebrains activity, our thoughts, have a second, invisible side to them as well...

my evidence, is, that there is more to the brain, my brain that is, than just a mechanical production and embelishment on the simple survival question of "whats that and is it going to kill me?"

Why do the documents that make up the various books for the Abrahamic religions refer to god in the plural indicating polythesism and yet today everyone linked to religion refers to god in the singular ie monothestic?

Why are documents written hundreds of years after the event also included in some of these books? Back then most info was relayed word of mouth as few could write and those that did the writing merely copied an original document as well.

Its hard for me to believe the writings of one person without wondering what their agenda is/was at the time.

Religion is subversive imo and does nothing to deal with the problems we face today like overpopulation on the planet for example. If god truly existed he would have told someone what to write to deal with this problem but back then no mortal could imagine the overpopulation situation for example so havent touched on it. Therefore religion is the work of man not the work of a god becuase otherwise god would have included a heads up on what to do in this situation.

thats a very good question...for example, I talk to the JWs, and the refer to the Watchtower organisation for the answers.

So, I just googled your question...What does the bible say about overpopulation.

I picked an answer from a Catholic group..

they have a long discussion on the various views...a quicj scan refers to a couple of sentences in Genesis, but then on the the Catholic view, the "Catechism of the Catholic Church".

I havent look to see what this is, but, I have a snealy suspicion that it will be the "watchtower" of the Catholic Church...an interpretation of the words of inspired men.

this seems to me to lend weight to the argument that the bible is the Word of Men, not of GOD.

Indeed, neither of my personal experiences above would lead me to the belief in a "person" in control..

we are all made of stuff that has been around since the beginning, and the duality of light beams being both particals and waves, does indicate that where energy is concerned, just the physical has another, energetic side to it..so a brain, could have another non physical side to it, as has everything else...question is, does the manifestation of thebrains activity, our thoughts, have a second, invisible side to them as well...

my evidence, is, that there is more to the brain, my brain that is, than just a mechanical production and embelishment on the simple survival question of "whats that and is it going to kill me?"

The universe and everything in it, is all consciousness, nothing more, nothing less, enjoy the ride! Check out this scientist outer body experience

Jill Bolte Taylor got a research opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: She had a massive stroke, and watched as her brain functions -- motion, speech, self-awareness -- shut down one by one. An astonishing story.My link

This really hit me hard in the heart.