House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Irish Politician Calls For The Return Of British Rule To Ireland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11652926

An Irish politician has called for the return of British rule to Ireland.

Fine Gael TD Michael Ring said the Irish government should "hand back" the Republic to the Queen during a royal visit next year.

The County Mayo representative also suggested that the government should apologise to her for the "mess" they have made of the country.

Mr Ring made the comments during an economic debate at the Irish Parliament.

He said: "Now look at the mess we're in and look at the mess this country is in.

"Next year the Queen is talking about coming to Ireland for a state visit.

"Maybe we should say to the Queen when she comes 'you know, we have our own independence now, we'll hand you back the country and we'll apologise for the mess that we're after making of it.

"Because at least when they were running the country they didn't put it into the mess and the hock that we are in now."

As I've argued on here a few times, my preferred constitutional settlement for the British Isles would be a federal republic with its capital in somewhere like Milton Keynes.

Like minded countries could also endeavour to join like Holland or even India at some point if they continue to brush up on their language skills.

I think we'd need to brush up our language skills in order to speak English as well as most Dutch.

Its bad enough we English get the Jocks and Taffies inflicting left wing governments or at least influencing the so called right wing one to become left wing, the thought of the Southern Irish adding to our suffering really doesnt appeal ... Besides for inflicting the Lisbon treaty on us they deserve to suffer.

...at least Eire was democratic enough to allow a referendum vote ...more than the Stalinist Gordo allowed the UK....I don't think the history of Ireland would wish to reunite with the UK..... :rolleyes:

...at least Eire was democratic enough to allow a referendum vote ...more than the Stalinist Gordo allowed the UK....I don't think the history of Ireland would wish to reunite with the UK..... :rolleyes:

You mean it isnt going to happen, well thankyou for your wisdom .. ill add a couple of these for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If the ROI was truly democratic the 1st referendum would have stood.

EDIT: I was reading the Irish Independent the other day and a politician was calling for them to leave the EU and join the US instead.

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN....and UK will also join this particular trading bloc(if they have any sense)

Too bad it took a brow-beating by brussels to make them realise the brits weren't actually hat bad.

I have a hunch that a north american union,comprising of about 400 million primarily english speaking people with very similar judicial syatems and values might actually work!...and be a lot more productive because there will be no need to fill forms in in 27 different languages,and we already live under a constitutional dictatorship of sorts,if you call call her maj such a thing.

...but it's one that on the whole works pretty well...as long as the constitutional bit is stuck to.

If only we had kept the commonwealth and treated it sensibly.

Screw that, we could have kept the empire if we had been sensible about India.

If only we had kept the commonwealth and treated it sensibly.

Screw that, we could have kept the empire if we had been sensible about India.

Oh God. Next thing we'll be getting the British Mandate of Palestine back.

Oh God. Next thing we'll be getting the British Mandate of Palestine back.

don't forget those nasty danes taking all that danegeld. give it back, I say!