House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kittingerjump

Globrix Regurgitating Old Properties As New

Hi there,

I use Globrix as a quick and easy way of seeing what's coming onto the market in my local area. I've started to notice that the same properties are showing up as new, when they have in fact been on the market for some time. This seems to have been coming mostly from one offending estate agent. I'm not saying that they have been manipulating their presence on the site, however, it's becoming harder to work out what is new property coming on in my area. This is noticable if you do a search on how many properties have come onto the market in the previous week / month. This figure is rendered irrelevant because of these multiple clones. Has anyone else seen the same pattern when they use it? I've checked the feedback part of the forum and this does seem to be a problem.

Edited by kittingerjump

You mean like http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-17086299.html coming onto the market just as http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-27930058.html disappears, for instance?

/me caught that example by accident, and kept a note with the idle thought of HPC, though I'd rather have posted a more interesting example.

report them. I know that rightmove frown on this as I have reported estate agents in the past. RM are aware that this is not good for them as it means people cannot genuinely see what has come on in the last 24 hours. Would definitely complain

I will get in touch with Globrix about this. I'm sure there are many further examples of this happening and one of the most frustrating aspects is that the repeats bolster the number of properties Globrix's recognises in the previous month. This can give some people the impression that a lot is coming onto the market, when in fact it seems pretty stagnant. I hope they correct this as I do think it's a good site. I've not got into property bee yet, but does this have the same problem, or does it work in a different way?