House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blankster

Egg On Face For Ba

Yesterday morning the news headline was that BA (British Airways) were saying that airport security measures should be relaxed.

Yesterday evening the suspected Al Qaeda bombs were found - one here on a cargo plane at East Midlands Airport, the other in USA.

A case of out-of-touch management?

Yesterday morning the news headline was that BA (British Airways) were saying that airport security measures should be relaxed.

Yesterday evening the suspected Al Qaeda bombs were found - one here on a cargo plane at East Midlands Airport, the other in USA.

Well it seems to depend on which sort of conspiracy you believe, either than anti-Government ones or the anti-corporation ones.

Clearly Corporations will always try and cut corners to reduce costs, and my personal view is we need a line beyond which they can't go.  So CEOs etc should lose everything if their cost cutting judgement proves wrong and loses money or costs lives, certainly most UK banks directors in 2007 should now be in prison.

Of course the other school of thought is that it is all a Government set up before the US mid terms.  I tend to think this is the more paranoid view.

Existing security measures found the bomb, and BA's suggested changes would still find it, as their changes relate to searching the passenger and his hand luggage, and this bomb was in cargo / hold luggage. They say for example that asking people to remove their shoes does not increase the chances of finding a bomb, and what happened yesterday doesn't prove or disprove that assertion.

A case of something that wouldn't have made the news, being released ot the news by those who don't like what BA had to say. The timing is so coincidental that I suspect the "conspiracy" view is more likely.

Is that what you think?
Clearly, on this matter, yes - and worryingly so. They said security measures were too draconian, on the very day that bombs were later found on cargo planes. This might be an indication that the terrorists realised that there was no chance of getting suicide bombers onto passenger planes because of the security.

The possibility of a 'conspiracy' by the authorities to show BA they were wrong did cross my mind too, but then something like 28 more bombs have been found in Yemen, I think it said on the news, that kind of blows that theory out of the water.

The possibility of a 'conspiracy' by the authorities to show BA they were wrong did cross my mind too, but then something like 28 more bombs have been found in Yemen, I think it said on the news, that kind of blows that theory out of the water.

There are always 28 more bombs to be found in Yemen. :lol:

Sadly, the problem is that I just don't believe what is told to me on the news - at least not the details. Someone from BA says US security requirements asymmetrical and, as quick as you can say "false flag", the UK is the target of a plane bomb. It is bullsh!t, bullsh!t, bullsh!t!

It's not that coincidences cannot happen, but that they are all too predictable. It was only a couple of months ago that the US was calling for an escalation of military operations in Yemen. One could see this bomb as a vindication of that position or an aid to making it become a reality...and we won't know which it is until someone publishes a memoir in 40 years time. We do know that the US has done these sorts of things to push forward their foreign policy agenda in the past, so why should the stop now? (Of course, we also know that Yemen is packed full of anti-west terrorists/sympathizers, so why wouldn't the bomb be real?)

There are always 28 more bombs to be found in Yemen. :lol:

Sadly, the problem is that I just don't believe what is told to me on the news.

The 28 more bombs thing was on the news ticker on BBC news 24 earlier, it doesn't seem to feature at all now.

In that case, presumably we shouldn't believe what BA were saying, or we shouldn't believe that they said it in the first place, or both!

The 28 more bombs thing was on the news ticker on BBC news 24 earlier, it doesn't seem to feature at all now.

In that case, presumably we shouldn't believe what BA were saying, or we shouldn't believe that they said it in the first place, or both!

Or we might question why it was said or reported when it was? It may seem kind of nuts, but when one reads the history of even quite recent events, such as Vietnam and Reagan's wars, there is always black ops and disinformation campaigns involved somewhere. And you read about them, and think back to the news reports you swallowed hook line and sinker at the time...makes you very cynical. Of course you end up seeing conspiracies where there are none...the problem is you know that in some cases history will show something fishy was going on.

The take home message is "just don't trust them and hand over every last ounce of control to the state."

The take home message is "just don't trust them and hand over every last ounce of control to the state."
I think most people agree that civil aviation is one area which should be closely regulated in terms of safety standards.

One of the bombs found had apparently been transported on a passenger plane at some stage. I'd like to hear what the BA people have to say about that.