House Price Crash Forum

Things Which Suck About Being A Hpcer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having sold to rent in 1954; held off buying because of really lousy advice on nine occasions since, and now realising my ex WD tent really won't last another winter.

Having all the savings in Woolworth shares didn't help, either.

Edited by juvenal

Staying in on a Friday night to save £30 towards a house deposit.

What, you mean standing on the edge of a dancefloor in the local discotech with a pint of watered down Fosters? Then in between oogling the "talent" for 3 hours, having a p*ss, queuing at the bar for ages, knocking other peoples drinks over on your way back faced with "I'm going to knock you owt" looks, you leave sheepishly? And then purchasing a very poor excuse for a kebab afterwards, Stand at the taxi rank with the skin head locals with Ben Sherman shirts? Finally get a taxi home, but kicked out as you have puked down the seat?

Must be getting old.

Things Which Suck About Being A Hpcer add to the list..

Nothing sucks about being an HPCer.

Shouldn't you come here and feel some sort of satisfaction that you've grabbed the moral high ground?

Repeat after me................................

Debt =/= Wealth.

Debt =/= Wealth.

Zero debt is freedom.

Zero debt is freedom...................................

Being familiar with these names (online now)

* Rolf Harris,

* oldsport,

* hotairmail,

* FedupTeddiBear,

* Maynardgravy,

* thecrashingisles,

* gf3,

* Meat Puppet,

* yellerkat,

* Sour Mash,

* ZeroSumGame,

* exiges,

* LuckyOne,

* plums,

* tallguy,

* okaycuckoo,

* OnlyMe,

* cica,

* Reck B,

* nitram,

* squire,

* sexton,

* Daz,

* hkm,

* WiseBear,

* Injin,

* Um_Bongo,

* SteveAustin,

* Borisina,

* juvenal,

* Tiger Woods?,

* Thunderbird 900,

* Lone_Twin,

* CrashConnoisseur,

* miko,

* rented,

* Paece,

* scheming,

* buyhighselllow,

* GeordieAndy,

* Trifle,

* scepticus,

* LJAR,

* worst time buyer,

* badger2,

* Ritters,

* Willy Wonka,

* All Seeing Eye,

* tricksters,

* CrashingPumpkin,

* ChumpusRex,

* chris c-t,

* Lepista,

* Ah-so,

* munro,

* corevalue,

* Soon Not a Chain Retailer,

* eejit,

* mdman,

* Quicken,

* DeepLurker,

* Paul77,

* GloomMonger,

* athom

more so than the Manchester Utd Squad.

Staying in on a Friday night to save £30 towards a house deposit.

What, you mean standing on the edge of a dancefloor in the local discotech with a pint of watered down Fosters? Then in between oogling the "talent" for 3 hours, having a p*ss, queuing at the bar for ages, knocking other peoples drinks over on your way back faced with "I'm going to knock you owt" looks, you leave sheepishly? And then purchasing a very poor excuse for a kebab afterwards, Stand at the taxi rank with the skin head locals with Ben Sherman shirts? Finally get a taxi home, but kicked out as you have puked down the seat?

Must be getting old.

costs must be coming down - impressive doing that for £30

x) Realising after years of working like a demented maniac and being rather successful professionally that you are poorer than the average bloke who just bought a house on leverage.

Actually that's the neutral part. Here's the painful one:

x+1) Kicking yourself in the butt for the rest of your life for having been so naive all this time.

Now that is sad. Have you not figured out that other than the capital fluctuations from an HPI/HPC there is no difference between owning and renting? I suppose you expect MEWing to pay for all your nights out in the future.

costs must be coming down - impressive doing that for £30

Amused my tongue-in-cheek comment caused such discussion. Fear not, I'm off out tonight.

And what were you gents doing up so late? Are you among the cohort of wealthy HPC expats posting from overseas while livin da vida loca or were you simply avoiding going to bed because it's so dreadfully lonely?

Edited by GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

Things that suck - living out of bags and boxes for 3.5 years cos I found this website!! (Put all my stuff in storage when I STR's) Refusing point blank to use my capital to rent, so roughing it as a lodger until 'the price is right'

Actually I've had rather a blast using the interest travelling. :rolleyes:

1) Walking past houses in your neighbourhood and seeing that several are for sale. You check their prices on the internet and say "they'll never sell for that.. stupid sellers". 2 weeks later several stupid buyers have come along and prove you wrong! grrr

YOu should go on Zoopla--around here sellers are having to discount every month and they still don't sell.

I think the recent data about a 90% drop in mortgage lending is backing up the fact that we have a HPC going on.

*) Typing a lengthy moral-raising post after Halifax says HPs went up by 0.1%, only to see that figure revised to -0.1% next month...

*) Having the cornflakes go soggy while constantly refreshing the Forex Factory page to get data as soon as it is released...

*) Getting the same nominal amount of interest as three years ago, even though my savings have doubled...

*) Sitting through 15 minutes of celeb 'news' only to realise that the latest plummeting house prices index isn't going to get a mention...

At the same time, looking forward to:

Winning respect when smug family and colleagues suddenly realising I was actually right...

Cheering when interest rates finally rise...

Viewing the house of some MEW'd up negative equity type and declaring that "I knew it was a bubble all along"...

Being able to buy a house solely with cash if they overshoot on the way down...