House Price Crash Forum
nohpc

Things Which Suck About Being A Hpcer

1) Walking past houses in your neighbourhood and seeing that several are for sale. You check their prices on the internet and say "they'll never sell for that.. stupid sellers". 2 weeks later several stupid buyers have come along and prove you wrong! grrr

1) Walking past houses in your neighbourhood and seeing that several are for sale. You check their prices on the internet and say "they'll never sell for that.. stupid sellers". 2 weeks later several stupid buyers have come along and prove you wrong! grrr

2) everybody thinks you're insane because you don't think house prices can go up in perpetuity.

2) and then a few months later, the house is back on the market at the same asking price and fails to sell..... This is what I am seeing. There are idiots bidding crazy prices with money they don't have (and can't secure) around here- there's no question, but it rarely results in a sale. However, the offer was there and it's in the sellers mind. This is going to be a long process........

6) Posting on a forum while a decade long event plays out in slow motion, knowing your post will not have any impact on anyone.

Staying in on a Friday night to save £30 towards a house deposit.

Now that is sad. Have you not figured out that other than the capital fluctuations from an HPI/HPC there is no difference between owning and renting? I suppose you expect MEWing to pay for all your nights out in the future.

Now that is sad. Have you not figured out that other than the capital fluctuations from an HPI/HPC there is no difference between owning and renting? I suppose you expect MEWing to pay for all your nights out in the future.

I thought the clue was in his post - 'saving for a deposit' - presumably when he buys a house, he will no longer be doing this.

I understand you MP, even if nobody else does on this one... ;)

7: Having to watch thick "homeowners" without a shred of economic literacy, steadily living a rich lifestyle based on mortgage equity withdrawal for ten years!, while the older generation look down on me, openly calling me a "no home loser", and then having to watch them being bailed out by the BofE, government, even family members helping with mortgage payments.

I could go on...

Living in a 47SqM (soon to be double the size when I board out the loft) flat rent free (and for a couple of weeks getting paid for it when rent and housing benefit levels changed due to the previous years inflation), knowing that I could get paid for living in it if it was let to me privately (at even greater profit), but that I couldn't because people renting know the local LHA rates and that charging less wouldn't be to their financial benefit.

Knowing that I could buy it if I was working at minimum wage, but not until I have lived in it for 5 years (Yet opposing Right To Buy on moral grounds). But that if I was working I could quite possibly be worse off due to perverse incentives, than I am currently, with the odd bit of cash in hand and (some) reduced costs of living.

Seeing (for the most part) my family be feckless with property-money, money and property in general, seeing my neighbours and fellow men doing the same.

Knowing that the a fair amount of people on this forum are probably working and living in worse accommodation than myself.

Using electricity (to access the forum) that costs money, which would probably be best put towards a deposit for a house rolleyes.gif

Living in, and planing to continue living in the UK

..why go there? why...?

how you got that from the posters reply beats me...

1) Being absolutely right ........ but being so right the financial system collapses and the rules of the game change.

2) Everyone thinks your still wrong even though the banks have been bailed out.... all ok now.

3) Now...People repeat what you have been saying to them for years because they heard it on the BBC or in the paper that morning.

4) People reapeat what you told them years ago like its all new and they thought of it since now its common knowledge.

5) My favourite your rolling around in others pain and your a nasty person = shoot the messenger.

1) Being absolutely right ........ but being so right the financial system collapses and the rules of the game change.

2) Everyone thinks your still wrong even though the banks have been bailed out.... all ok now.

3) Now...People repeat what you have been saying to them for years because they heard it on the BBC or in the paper that morning.

4) People reapeat what you told them years ago like its all new and they thought of it since now its common knowledge.

5) My favourite your rolling around in others pain and your a nasty person = shoot the messenger.

Yep, that's about it.

Understanding why it should have crashed years ago and understanding why it didn't. Whereas the sheeple, by contemplating neither, still think they are right

8) Condescending idiots

Staying in on a Friday night to save £30 towards a house deposit.

ha, i tell thee... i just had the sh!ttiest, most pointless night out i can remember. you're doing the right thing. i just spent a few quid i saved by not staying out any longer on some meat products high in saturated fat. happy days

n+1) STILL being a HPC-er when you bought anyway, KNOWING there would be a fall, and continuing to argue for a fall, in a circle of friends with a vested interest in there not being. most of them have kids and they still don't get it