House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Redcellar

Real Estate And Business Services Account For 23% Of Gdp

I had to research some subject areas for work today and tripped across this graph, as the post title says 'Real estate and business services account for 23% of GDP'.

Report here Page 11 shows the chart.

Never knew that. Anyone else come across figures that contradict this I wonder?

It would explain the protectionist market stance that has been taken.

It's also fascinating that the Internet economy would be fifth largest in the groupings and is predicted to grow to 10% GDP in the next few years, therefore would be fourth largest and bigger than financial services. Given that, I am thinking the decision to reduce IT professionals being reared and trained in the UK and instead off shoring or bringing in foreigners, well its sheer lunacy. Especially for a huge market where we know cyber security is a government priority.

I had to research some subject areas for work today and tripped across this graph, as the post title says 'Real estate and business services account for 23% of GDP'.

Report here Page 11 shows the chart.

Never knew that. Anyone else come across figures that contradict this I wonder?

It would explain the protectionist market stance that has been taken.

It's also fascinating that the Internet economy would be fifth largest in the groupings and is predicted to grow to 10% GDP in the next few years, therefore would be fourth largest and bigger than financial services. Given that, I am thinking the decision to reduce IT professionals being reared and trained in the UK and instead off shoring or bringing in foreigners, well its sheer lunacy. Especially for a huge market where we know cyber security is a government priority.

It includes (according to the graph) rents and the cost of home ownership. So presumably mortgages, fixing the boiler, building work and God knows what else.