House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingsgate

Couple Renewing Wedding Vows In The Maldives Get Insulted

best holiday I ever had

cant wait to return one day

even if my wife has to walk behind me wearing a Burqa

strange video , can't see how it became viral

if you have a holiday in a 3rd world country don't be surprised when the locals turn out to be uncivilised

Maybe the marriage was some form of "rolling contract"? :huh:

telegraph has the funniest title : "You-are-swine-and-infidels-.-.-.-secret-insults-at-wedding-blessing-in-paradise"

Kinda gives you a warm feeling that perhaps, if we did face a SHTF scenario, the likes of Goodwin et al holed up in their parent-state-sponsored tax haven's, might not be quite as safe as they think they are. Well, we can dream ...

They've arrested the joker and thrown him in jail apparently. A huge embarrassment for the Maldives.

I don't know who's dimmer, the mean spirited "insulter", or the visiting couple who sat through a ceremony they didn't even understand?

They've arrested the joker and thrown him in jail apparently. A huge embarrassment for the Maldives.

I don't know who's dimmer, the mean spirited "insulter", or the visiting couple who sat through a ceremony they didn't even understand?

I don't actually se anything wrong with this.If you are stupid enough to put yourself in the position of trusting these people who openly admit to hating you then it's only what you deserve.

I've never seen the point of "renewing" your vows, it just seems like so much self indulgent crap, to be honest. A marriage vow is permanent, surely?

They were discussing this on the radio yesterday. Someone emailed in and said they had a marriage ceremony abroad which was conducted in a language they didn't understand. Surely then this could not have been legal as they didn't know what they were consenting to - hence, no consent at all.

I've never seen the point of "renewing" your vows, it just seems like so much self indulgent crap, to be honest. A marriage vow is permanent, surely?

They were discussing this on the radio yesterday. Someone emailed in and said they had a marriage ceremony abroad which was conducted in a language they didn't understand. Surely then this could not have been legal as they didn't know what they were consenting to - hence, no consent at all.

There's not even any point in taking them in the first place.99% of men would be off with the first party to offer them a half decent blow job.

Tourism is the largest industry in the Maldives, accounting for 28% of GDP and more than 60% of the Maldives' foreign exchange receipts. It powered the current GDP per capita to expand 265% in the 1980s and a further 115% in the 1990s. Over 90% of government tax revenue flows in from import duties and tourism-related taxes.

Oh dear. Looks like there might be a big 'infidel' shaped hole in the budget next year.

Tourism is the largest industry in the Maldives, accounting for 28% of GDP and more than 60% of the Maldives' foreign exchange receipts. It powered the current GDP per capita to expand 265% in the 1980s and a further 115% in the 1990s. Over 90% of government tax revenue flows in from import duties and tourism-related taxes.

Oh dear. Looks like there might be a big 'infidel' shaped hole in the budget next year.

I expect there may be a coffin shaped hole for the ar$e who conducted this wedding.

The Maldives are a favourite wedding destination and a big revenue owner.