House Price Crash Forum

We've Exchanged!

Cozza

HOLA441

I would like to announce that today we have finally exchanged on the sale of our flat in S London! :rolleyes::D

Whilst the flat is beautiful on the inside, the surrounding area is poor, with a black unemployed demographic. We asked several local estate agents to value the place prior to putting it on the market and we were astounded (albeit flattered) when they priced it way higher than expected. Decided to forego the loathable agents and whacked it up on House Network (www.housenetwork.co.uk) instead at 15K less than advised. Within three weeks, we got 10 viewings and a bidding war between two purchasers, one of which was a cash purchaser thanks to the BOMAD. We settled on £8K over asking and now it's a done deal.

Moving into rental in a much nicer area on a road which we could not even dream of buying down. I suspect we've been very lucky (for once). :)

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I would like to announce that today we have finally exchanged on the sale of our flat in S London! :rolleyes::D

Whilst the flat is beautiful on the inside, the surrounding area is poor, with a black unemployed demographic. We asked several local estate agents to value the place prior to putting it on the market and we were astounded (albeit flattered) when they priced it way higher than expected. Decided to forego the loathable agents and whacked it up on House Network (www.housenetwork.co.uk) instead at 15K less than advised. Within three weeks, we got 10 viewings and a bidding war between two purchasers, one of which was a cash purchaser thanks to the BOMAD. We settled on £8K over asking and now it's a done deal.

Moving into rental in a much nicer area on a road which we could not even dream of buying down. I suspect we've been very lucky (for once). :)

Congratulations,

Agree with you, nothing wrong with renting in the current climate, and a very flexible position to be in.

Well done.

HOLA446
HOLA447

until you you have to move, because you're renting and its not your house so you have no control over what happens next....

HOLA448

Sale was £7k less than the valuation. How much you reckon you saved by cutting out the traditional agents?

And you've been on this website over 3 years! :huh::rolleyes:

So you're an EA then?

HOLA449

Sale was £7k less than the valuation. How much you reckon you saved by cutting out the traditional agents?

I sold my house using House Network back in spring 2007, when I had the estate agent came round they asked me how much I though it was worth and they agreed. Their opening quote was 3%, when they rang back to ask if we would go with them I said we would not because they were too expensive, they just left it at that!

I got a good price around 2% below asking price. Some people rejected the house as too expensive so think I priced it OK but it is one of those things we will never know. The main thin is it cost me £500 pound all in and the service was excellent.