House Price Crash Forum

We could all email them and suggest the use the tax credit system to administer it properly.

Imo they should hand the lot over to IDS. He's the only one with more than 2 braincells in the cabinet.

Change his position to Work, Pensions and Benefits secretary and he can take some of the burden off the incompetent shoulders of Boy George.

Edited by Chef

I've got a young 'un myself but I totally agree with your comment.

If people want to have kids it's their tough sh1t to pay for them!

I have just emailed the treasury to suggest "Cat Benefit"

After all it is the unselfish Cat owners in the UK who are keeping the mouse/rat population manageable. Without cats imagine the carnage !!! This benefit can be traced back to Ancient Egypt, do not underestimate their contribution. I want my piece of the pie, isnt that what this is all about?

I'm not sure how children benefit society, apart from take more taxes via education, youth centres, policing and then eventually half of them end up on benefits with the other half paying those benefits. They also tend to clutter up supermarkets. If we simply refused to fund breeding in this country you would end up with a better class of child. Children that were wanted and as a result could possibly end up as beneficial to society.

I'm not sure how children benefit society, apart from take more taxes via education, youth centres, policing and then eventually half of them end up on benefits with the other half paying those benefits. They also tend to clutter up supermarkets. If we simply refused to fund breeding in this country you would end up with a better class of child. Children that were wanted and as a result could possibly end up as beneficial to society.

If you breed from pedigree dogs you get a pedigree pet to continue the line with.

People are just the same.

Without sterilising everyone and making you need to get a licence before it's possible to be allowed to breed there's no way of stopping it.

If you breed from pedigree dogs you get a pedigree pet to continue the line with.

Without sterilising everyone and making you need to get a licence before it's possible to be allowed to breed there's no way of stopping it.

These would be the same pedigree dogs that have massive in built defects due to inbreeding? (In the same way that royal houses used to get)

it would be nice if genetics meant all that much as far as humans were concrened. They don't though. Behaviour does. Behaviour is chosen.

These would be the same pedigree dogs that have massive in built defects due to inbreeding? (In the same way that royal houses used to get)

it would be nice if genetics meant all that much as far as humans were concrened. They don't though. Behaviour does. Behaviour is chosen.

You mean they haven't found the doley gene yet?

You mean they haven't found the doley gene yet?

There is no doley gene - genes don't determine what you do, you choose your actions.

ofc, if you are saying that it is genetics then you lose all rational right to complain - as it's not optional for those who are doing it and therefore moaning would be as insane as ranting at the weather, compalining about the direction of falling rocks or something.

Of course! That's not the story though: there's a powerful lobby (of which wimmins hour is a prominent example) living in a timewarp.

BTW, I should make it clear: I would never wish to disparage of women (people of the female sex). That's why I spell the word "wimmin" when I say rude things about Ms Harfwit's lobby: it's an attempt to make a distinction.

Sad to say, it isn't a timewarp for many including a couple of "wimmin" in my generation in my family stuck in abusive (now resolved) situations. When you've shat all cash, CB makes a big difference.

Many on here should put themselves in someone else's shoes for a moment before opening their bowels on a thread.

It's all very well being all existential and "it's due to your decisions that you're in this situation" but for many people events, and other people, conspire to screw you up.

That's better.

Why should I pay for others children? Selfish little brats they spawned to replace themselves.

If people want to have children, that's fine. But not with my money.

You've had enough serves on this already. Now, back to your fur baby (a dog, perhaps?).

Interesting.

Dogs and cats barely make it to the end of Piaget sensorimotor stage of development. Not a lot of chance to develop, learn or change.

If equating people to animals reflects your experience of how humans develop, your mates must be a scream: fun to hang around with people who have failed to have developed object permanence.

I suppose that at least they'll always be pleasantly surprised each time they see you again.

Yep. They call that sort of thing genetic modification these days. Though it's doubtful any modern high-tech genetic modification is as abusive as breeding dogs deliberately to have serious defects.

Of course some breeds suffer a lot while others are relatively healthy, but the best dogs are always mongrels.

To all those complaining about the new system - don;t be such idiots.

Get a DIY divorce. 4 grand a year benefit if you have two kids.

plus you get to sleep with other people and not commit adultery*

*i'd recommend agreeing that first with the other half...

This is how this benefit is handled in Australia (more or less). Moreover, if you are claiming benefits you and your partner have to record your incomes on each other's tax returns. Works a treat. Only the English seem to think it is unreasonable to know how much your wife/husband earns...

I thought it was normal to share such info. with an established partner. :blink::unsure:

I heard someone talking about this on the radio 4 the other morning...

I think it's quite silly that people in a relationship wouldn't discuss income... it's so related to what you have for expenditure .... although seeing the levels of debt people get in I am not suprised...

Exactly unless the person is 'protecting' their partner so they don't implicated down the line..... :ph34r:

The law does not accept this anomaly.

If you are living as "man and wife" then the other person is NOT a lodger for Tax/Benefits purposes even if you can show that they are for "ownership" purposes.

tim

Fair enough......what about a couple that have say a couple of kids,they have separated and not living together as "man and wife" they have completely separate finances, they live under the same roof simply because they can't afford to officially separate and live separately due to financial reasons like a large mortgage...no animosity between them and better for the kids...one parent a high rate tax payer the other a full time houseparent?