House Price Crash Forum

Executive Pay

HOLA441

Pay Rises

What will it take for BoE to notice that inflation is a problem? Seems that RPI of 5% plus is below their radar. Perhaps 55% per annum pay rises will get their attention?

Our business leaders have certainly noticed the rising cost of living, and are paying themselves more in proportion to it.

But will the members of the MPC notice?

HOLA442

Pay Rises

What will it take for BoE to notice that inflation is a problem? Seems that RPI of 5% plus is below their radar. Perhaps 55% per annum pay rises will get their attention?

Our business leaders have certainly noticed the rising cost of living, and are paying themselves more in proportion to it.

But will the members of the MPC notice?

i very much doubt that this is inflationary in any way at this stage, if they have any nouse and id imagine most of them do, its highly unlikely to be spent in the UK, it will be offshored somewhere, moved into assets or a near narrow private bank (depending on the persons view towards inflation/deflation) ready for use to hoover up assets pennies on the pound in afew years

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA443

i very much doubt that this is inflationary in any way at this stage, if they have any nouse and id imagine most of them do, its highly unlikely to be spent in the UK, it will be offshored somewhere, moved into assets or a near narrow private bank (depending on the persons view towards inflation/deflation) ready for use to hoover up assets pennies on the pound in afew years

Yes. I can see no reason why the MPC wouldn't want to put base rates up now that it's back to business as normal. 0.5% increments every quarter to 5.5% please.

HOLA444

Yes. I can see no reason why the MPC wouldn't want to put base rates up now that it's back to business as normal. 0.5% increments every quarter to 5.5% please.

Its unlikely to be these 'executives' in debt up to there eyeballs and its not them being encouraged to spend with zirp, like i say their money would be straight offshore if they had any sense

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka