House Price Crash Forum
Sledgehead

This Week : "labour Mps Know Private Lls Making £££ From Taxpayer"

As per title: If you can catch it on iplayer, post a link

Neil suggest Milliband is playing a dangerous game therefore with the line taken in the commons.

This issue is blowing apart the idea of a free market in housing. All the singing pig property "investors" - so called capitalists - are being found out for waht they are: people who need taxpayer's money to run a business. ie dole bludgers

Edited by Sledgehead

As per title: If you can catch it on iplayer, post a link

Neil suggest Milliband is playing a dangerous game therefore with the line taken in the commons.

This issue is blowing apart the idea of a free market in housing. All the singing pig property "investors" - so called capitalists - are being found out for waht they are: people who need taxpayer's money to run a business. ie dole bludgers

...how many Labour MPs are private landlords.....?.... :rolleyes:

...how many Labour MPs are private landlords.....?.... :rolleyes:

dunno but she refered to the current regime of HB as "in need of reform" and unsustainable.

It would appear Labour have no political conviction against this HB change.

Edited by Sledgehead

dunno but she refered to the current regime of HB as "in need of reform" and unsustainable.

It would appear Labour have no political conviction against this HB change.

Kate Hoey was private secretary to Frank Field when he was trying to reform welfare in 1997-1998 before GB put the boot in

comes across as a blairite centre left

[quote name='Sledgehead' timestamp='1288307483' post='2765627'

This issue is blowing apart the idea of a free market in housing. All the singing pig property "investors" - so called capitalists - are being found out for what they are: people who need taxpayer's money to run a business. ie dole bludgers

1.] Which MP's are Private Landlords, or have property in another Family Members name?

[Which of those same MP's were voting for policies to keep the housing bubble inflated, i.e. keeping IR too low for too long?]

2.] How many executives at the BBC are Private Landlords?

Why have these people, in this crooked nation been allowed to steal my money, to line their own pockets?

Edited by Dan1

There should be a HPC TV, with someone standing outside parliament, with a clipboard, [in a Michael Moore type Mockumentary,] asking politicians, as they enter the House, how many properties they have acquired in the last decade.

Same thing outside the BBC

There should be a HPC TV, with someone standing outside parliament, with a clipboard, [in a Michael Moore type Mockumentary,] asking politicians, as they enter the House, how many properties they have acquired in the last decade.

Max Kaiser would be up for it I recon.... give him a mail...

1.] Which MP's are Private Landlords, or have property in another Family Members name?

[Which of those same MP's were voting for policies to keep the housing bubble inflated, i.e. keeping IR too low for too long?]

2.] How many executives at the BBC are Private Landlords?

Why have these people, in this crooked nation been allowed to steal my money, to line their own pockets?

Said this before but there needs to be a HPC style documentary, or series for that matter given the scope of impact it has and will have on every person in the uk.

There would be more than enough to go on for one episode of hpi and politics - chuck in dodgy expenses anf flipping - another mandate for political backing of hpi as well as the very important and telling question raised above!

I know Eric Pebbles was in pursuit of the hpi former bbc journo whistle blower. Anyone know if he had any luck?

Anyone got a line to Mark Thomas? He might easily be up for it B)

Or for a more systematic but less entertaining take on it, the Torygraph folks who broke the expenses scandal.

First things first. Parliament is what really matters: they're where there's a real conflict-of-interest story (kind of thing that could land them in jail if the assets were companies rather than houses), and where it was funded by expenses. Better keep the Beeb on-side, at least until there's some more momentum.

Here's an image for you : you take a pride in knowing every nut and bolt that keeps things purring in your sphere of understanding. Then some all-but-teenage kn0b of an FI driver pulls into your pitstop and you fix his problem while he shouts at you: he hasn't a clue how to fix the problem himself. Seconds later he's back on the track with a broad grin on his face. A quarter of an hour later he's atop a podium, showering gorgeous birds with champagne. You remain stuck in the pitstop, just as you have been the past 10 years, making sure the problem never occurs again.

Your problem is you know more than most about what makes this car called life tick. It's just nobody taught you how to drive it.

Nice anaolgy. [Except the last line which would suggest we all should have seen this coming.]

Nice anaolgy. [Except the last line which would suggest we all should have seen this coming.]

Well maybe we did. My Father, a fellow of the institute of mechanical engineers, was modestly paid all his life. During my youth I can recall his disdain of those for whom he was passed over, simply because he knew too much technical stuff and not enough people down the golf club. I can also recall frequent references to the slim hours worked by public sector employed neighbours, and his similar disdain for these types. My Mother shared his views.

The facts were all there: hard life = technical / scientific; easy life = be a parasite. Logically one would conclude "if you can't beat them ...". Instead what I soaked up was their disdain. Looking back the choice was clear: a hair-shirt life with my parents' approval, or an easier life with their disdain.

Edited by Sledgehead

The present “elites” think that they know what makes that “F1” car tick, and their too dumb to be told that they don’t. The inmates have taken over the asylum. Blair campaigned for the FOI and then did everything to stop it. He was just smart enough to realise that he’d cocked up big time.

Seems my earlier comment has been completely removed by a MOD, for some unknown reason, as has your analogy in response Sledgehead....

Has there been a subtle change in moderation on this site?

Edited by Dan1