House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Loblaw

1 In 12 Social Houses Occupied By Foreign Nationals

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/

Today's English Housing Survey provides further evidence of the pressure placed by immigration on the housing sector. Foreign nationals now occupy 8.4% of the social housing stock. Among occupants aged 16-40 that figure rises to 12.6%.

Commenting, Sir Andrew Green, Chairman of Migrationwatch UK said "This finally destroys the myth that less than 2% of council and housing association tenants are recent immigrants. It further underlines the failure of the previous government to address the housing crisis despite encouraging massive levels of immigration".

Note to Editors:

In April 2008 the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) and the Local Government Association (LGA) published a study by the IPPR which claimed that less than 2% of social housing was taken up by foreign born people who arrived in the UK in the previous 5 years. That formulation was deeply misleading as today's figure illustrate.

Interesting report. Would be interesting to know how many private houses are occupied on top of this figure by foreign nationals claiming LHA.

Interesting report. Would be interesting to know how many private houses are occupied on top of this figure by foreign nationals claiming LHA.

Lots.

One of the reasons for the popularity of BTL with the previous encumbents - they could force through hidden policies away from the spotlight of official figures and surveys.

speaking as a foreign national myself, I don't see the problem with them being treated in the same fashion as british citizens.

The problem is that this treatment is too generous across the board.

It also shows the collective madness within their bent policies of giving these people extra points to go ahead of indigenous British, jump the housing lists and deprive them of local social housing.

Many in the North took matters into their own hands being pushed so far into a conflict and voted in the BNP as a direct result of Govt policies!

If you mentioned anything about it - you were immediately put down by racial and others slurs on your good character by Govt 'officials'!

Utter snakes(common purpose) are in Govt and council housing officialdom!

speaking as a foreign national myself, I don't see the problem with them being treated in the same fashion as british citizens.

The problem is that this treatment is too generous across the board.

Utterly Wrong on first part!

If the immigrants were treated like ordinary british citizens and put to the back of the housing lists - maybe 1% of them would be housed in social accomodation!

The waiting list is now nearly 6 million!

The report claiming immigrants did not take up social housing, used a stupid figure to base the claim, 'immigrants arriving in the past 5 years'. The actual report showed they did take up more social housing. and it didn't include asylum seekers living in social housing rented by the UKBA and given a different name.

Then there is the second generation that in about 20 years time will probably occupy all the social housing. From National Statistics:

There was a continued rise in the proportion of births to mothers born outside the UK: 24.7 per cent in 2009 compared with 24.1 per cent in 2008. In 1999, 14.3 per cent of births were to non-UK born mothers.

I find this a fascinating subject.

I travel daily on the tube in London.

I have noticed over the past 5 years an ever increasing number of "foreigners". Many are tourists, but it seems the majority are not - of course it depends upon the time of day and the area of London being travelled.

What I find so interesting is the answer to the question "where do all these people actually live?"

There is every colour, shape, language, size. 99% are clearly decent people.

What is, and I chose my word carefully, shocking, is the sheer volume. Sometimes I am the only white person in a carriage. I don't mind, I don't feel intimidated or threatened. But I do feel alien in my own capital city.

Is it me? Am I alone? I mean, where do our folk now live? What do they do?

Please understand I am not trying to be controversial, simply asking a question surely many others must be asking. No?

I have noticed over the past 5 years an ever increasing number of "foreigners". Many are tourists, but it seems the majority are not - of course it depends upon the time of day and the area of London being travelled.

What I find so interesting is the answer to the question "where do all these people actually live?"

What is, and I chose my word carefully, shocking, is the sheer volume. Sometimes I am the only white person in a carriage. I don't mind, I don't feel intimidated or threatened. But I do feel alien in my own capital city.

Is it me? Am I alone? I mean, where do our folk now live? What do they do? They have emigrated, because of the people like you who supported immigration by these 'clearly decent people.' You have no idea about immigrant crime and are totally sheltered from reality if it took you until 2010 to ask the above questions. Far too late I'm afraid, but you'll have to deal with the fallout at some point.

Please understand I am not trying to be controversial, simply asking a question surely many others must be asking. No?

They have emigrated, sick at people like you who have supported immigration from these 'clearly decent people' from the Third World. You have no idea about immigrant crime and are totally sheltered from reality if it really took you to 2010 to ask yourself the above questions. But it's future generations who will have to deal with the fallout from this twattery. Thanks a lot!

They have emigrated, sick at people like you who have supported immigration from these 'clearly decent people' from the Third World. You have no idea about immigrant crime and are totally sheltered from reality if it really took you to 2010 to ask yourself the above questions. But it's future generations who will have to deal with the fallout from this twattery. Thanks a lot!

Sorry but I had no vote on this. I had no say. But so what. They are human beings you know like you and me.

I am not sure I buy your crime argument and yes perhaps I am sheltered from the reality to which you refer.

As for future generations they will be doing I dare say exactly what we have been doing. Earning a living, staying out of trouble, procreating, and trying to enjoy life perhaps even giving something back.

I am not against change, it sounds like you are?

Is it me? Am I alone? I mean, where do our folk now live? What do they do?

Our own folk have been pushed outwards . Where I grew up Suburb of London just over the boarder into Essex many people form there have moved out further into Essex , places like Chelmsford or Braintree ( lots of new estates have been built out that way ) . Many still commute into town which cost's a lot of money and put's an extra few hours on their day.

To live in London you either have to be getting social housing , or benefits to pay for accomodation in the private sector , be very wealthy or lucky enough to have bought many years ago.

Sorry but I had no vote on this. I had no say. But so what. They are human beings you know like you and me.

I am not sure I buy your crime argument and yes perhaps I am sheltered from the reality to which you refer.

As for future generations they will be doing I dare say exactly what we have been doing. Earning a living, staying out of trouble, procreating, and trying to enjoy life perhaps even giving something back.

I am not against change, it sounds like you are?

If it involves ethnic cleansing of any sort, then yes, I am against 'change.' The idea of welcoming 'change' for the sake of it, dramatically altering the racial and cultural makeup of the country forever, seems moronic to be honest.

Yes, you are completely sheltered if you haven't noticed the correlation between immigration and the country going to shit, including the development of the police state apparatus. Asylum seekers are supposed to seek asylum in the nearest safe country (hint hint - they are here to achieve a political objective, not to help them).

Some people never learn from the past. How sadly naive you are.

Our own folk have been pushed outwards . Where I grew up Suburb of London just over the boarder into Essex many people form there have moved out further into Essex , places like Chelmsford or Braintree ( lots of new estates have been built out that way ) . Many still commute into town which cost's a lot of money and put's an extra few hours on their day.

To live in London you either have to be getting social housing , or benefits to pay for accomodation in the private sector , be very wealthy or lucky enough to have bought many years ago.

May I suggest another answer - one you may not like to contend with --- There are many who have cashed in on HPI (and moved out) and sold on to the recent immigrants. The immigrants have now taken up their roles as debt slaves in the system. Not all immigrants occupy social housing !! A good number will aslo have moved out into the country while renting out their London residences to immigrants -- Why work when you can get an immigrant to fund your lifestyle and pension.

If it involves ethnic cleansing of any sort, then yes, I am against 'change.' The idea of welcoming 'change' for the sake of it, dramatically altering the racial and cultural makeup of the country forever, seems moronic to be honest.

Yes, you are completely sheltered if you haven't noticed the correlation between immigration and the country going to shit, including the development of the police state apparatus. Asylum seekers are supposed to seek asylum in the nearest safe country (hint hint - they are here to achieve a political objective, not to help them).

Some people never learn from the past. How sadly naive you are.

Ok so let's blame all the ills of our Country on the gypsies and the Jews, the long haired layabouts and students and "foreigners"?

Now that is sadly VERY naive.

Ok so let's blame all the ills of our Country on the gypsies and the Jews, the long haired layabouts and students and "foreigners"?

It is naive.

Can't be more than 70% of the problem.

May I suggest another answer - one you may not like to contend with --- There are many who have cashed in on HPI (and moved out) and sold on to the recent immigrants. The immigrants have now taken up their roles as debt slaves in the system. Not all immigrants occupy social housing !! A good number will aslo have moved out into the country while renting out their London residences to immigrants -- Why work when you can get an immigrant to fund your lifestyle and pension.

No im fine with that , no problem involved with admiting that the whites have sold and ran. Dads cousin sold ex council house in E2 paid £60k 1988, sold 2007 just under half a million and had it on her toes into Essex.

I never said all immigrants occupied social housing .

Where my Dad lives the Asian Immigrants club together buy a house live in large familiys and pay the mortgage off quickly , never sell the house and then buy more. Don't blame them for that either each to their own. Maybe if young White couples could live two couples to a house they would be debt slaves for less time like the asians.

Problem is thought succsesive govenement's have let too many immigrants in without making sure there was enough housing social and private , coupled with cheap credit the lack of supply has pushed up the cost's of housing and priced many people out who have moved further into Essex and in turn outpriced those in Essex on local lower wages.

You might not believe or accept the next bit but here goes.

I moved from London to Essex in order to be mortgage free. Bought a repossessed flat , there were plenty about at the time . The agent I bought from told me many had been repoed as the councils in London had paid people to leave council flat's in order to free the flat's up for the next wave of immigrants. The one's bribed to leave bought places in Essex , mewed but never paid the mortgages and got repoed , now the council in Essex has to re house the one's with kids. Not going to say which ethnic minority the agent quoted when he explained this but they were not White British.

Loads of the top Jews (running the show in the background) have changed their names to Westernised names so they won't be recognised so easily!

Camouflage!

Been reading about this recently - so you would find it hard to tell if some of the 'baddies' are Jewish in the first place!

No im fine with that , no problem involved with admiting that the whites have sold and ran. Dads cousin sold ex council house in E2 paid £60k 1988, sold 2007 just under half a million and had it on her toes into Essex.

Where my Dad lives the Asian Immigrants club together buy a house live in large familiys and pay the mortgage off quickly , never sell the house and then buy more. Don't blame them for that either each to their own. Maybe if young White couples could live two couples to a house they would be debt slaves for less time like the asians.

Problem is thought succsesive govenement's have let too many immigrants in without making sure there was enough housing social and private , coupled with cheap credit the lack of supply has pushed up the cost's of housing and priced many people out who have moved further into Essex and in turn outpriced those in Essex on local lower wages.

I moved from London to Essex in order to be mortgage free. Bought a repossessed flat , there were plenty about at the time . The agent I bought from told me many had been repoed as the councils in London had paid people to leave council flat's in order to free the flat's up for the next wave of immigrants. The one's bribed to leave bought places in Essex , mewed but never paid the mortgages and got repoed , now the council in Essex has to re house the one's with kids. Not going to say which ethnic minority the agent quoted when he explained this but they were not White British.

Are they the ones with 2nd home 8 bedroom "Marble Palaces" back in Bangladesh?

Are they the ones with 2nd home 8 bedroom "Marble Palaces" back in Bangladesh?

Don't know , but the way they extend the houses over here think many of them have 8 bedroom "Marble Palaces" over here now.

A few months back my Dad was thinking of selling up and buying a small flat. He phoned a local agent and the agent asked him if he had a 3 bed semi with garage on the side.

Dad : yes

Agent : Good i have a queue of buyers for those type of houses , they buy them and then extend down the side , out the back and in the loft.

Dad : Asians

Agent : who else.

I know that you're an Essex chap so you may be able to refute this. My wife's uncle contends that, a few years ago, the more expensive areas of N and NE London were encouraging their social tenants to move out to cheaper pastures (Barking & Dagenham); offering incentives such as 25% interest free loans to buy cheaper houses so as to free-up the more desirable real estate. Again, I don't know how much truth is in this but, certainly, there are a disproportionately large number of West Africans (read: Nigerians) in Dagenham (certianly more so than the 15% BME that the estimates - based on the 2001 census- suggest).

What difference does it make to the elite where these people came from.? As much as we might despise it, the elite have decided that nation states and borders are irrelevant in their new world order. The housing will be allocated to those who are good tax slaves and who come to Britain, wagging their tails with their tongues out, willing to tolerate lower living standards than the natives because those living standards are still better than where they came from.

We'd better get used to it because I don't see it changing any time soon. Spread your cheeks for the elite and they will make small concessions for you, such as a subsidised slave box and bumping you up the housing list. As unfair as it may seem to most of us, by virtue of our upbringing, education and the way our expectations were set when we were younger, the elite decided to change the rules in a hurry. The outcome is that there is a whole generation of people whose expectations will be consistently shattered. Lower your expectations to be content with lower living standards and fewer privileges 'cause otherwise you'll be sorely disappointed.

The Asians have it right, much cleverer to club together and buy a 3 bed semi then extend it to 6 bedrooms. Then they usually have husband and wife both working, so you get 12 (usually minimum wage) immigrants all sharing one house, who are also very frugal. And extending a 3 bed is probably cheaper than renting a 6 bedroom house.

They probably pay off the mortgage/ extension cost within 5 years and are then rent free. Westerners don't have good enough social cohesion to copy this strategy, so the closest way to play it for a young person is probably just to live at home with his parents and pay them a subsidized rent.

But the parents need to stop shaming (in some cases forcing) their children to move out of the family home, and our culture needs to stop looking down on such people. And then we would be a step towards not being debt slaves. Bring back two generations under one roof. I think it's disgusting that some parents charge their children full market rate just for them to live in their childhood bedroom so literally using them as a cash machine.