House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

Water Bills

Out of all the utilities, water companies have to be the #1 piss taker (literally) surely?

I rent an office and we have a water supply for our kitchen area. minimal usage - filling the kettle and (very) occaisional washing up mugs -last months usage = 4 cubic meters. :blink:

However, we are also charged for 4 cubic metres of sewerage. now this would also be fair enough if we were drinking tea, then pissing piss into the kitchen sink, but we don't - we piss piss into the communal toilets which has a different account paid for through our properties service charge.

Other annoyances

Their 'product' falls out of the sky

There is no competition in water suppliers

They make obscene profits for something so fundemental to not dieing

If you are on benefits you get cheaper water. somehow.

Out of all the utilities, water companies have to be the #1 piss taker (literally) surely?

I rent an office and we have a water supply for our kitchen area. minimal usage - filling the kettle and (very) occaisional washing up mugs -last months usage = 4 cubic meters. :blink:

However, we are also charged for 4 cubic metres of sewerage. now this would also be fair enough if we were drinking tea, then pissing piss into the kitchen sink, but we don't - we piss piss into the communal toilets which has a different account paid for through our properties service charge.

Other annoyances

Their 'product' falls out of the sky

There is no competition in water suppliers

They make obscene profits for something so fundemental to not dieing

If you are on benefits you get cheaper water. somehow.

Then have it turned off and just buy 5L or 10L of cheap bottled water. Will probably save money and am sure it will taste better.

That's fine if he prefers not to bathe or flush his toilet.

It's a commercial premises though which has communal bogs on a different account.

Move to a Veolia Water area - if its unmetered you're laughing. I was only paying £16 a month at my previous home. :D

You were done, I only pay £8 pm. (metered) on the super secret low usage tarrif.