House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guinness

House Prices Glasgow

Hi all.

Anyone familiar with the Burnside/netherlee area of glasgow ?

How is the market for properties in the 250-300k range?

I have checked zoopla etc but theres not much recent activity for these areas.

What realistic % should one consider knocking off the asking price / value.

Thanks

Hi all.

Anyone familiar with the Burnside/netherlee area of glasgow ?

How is the market for properties in the 250-300k range?

I have checked zoopla etc but theres not much recent activity for these areas.

What realistic % should one consider knocking off the asking price / value.

Thanks

Netherlee still selling reasonably quickly, usually 10-15% down on peak. Not sure about Burnside, but I live in the middle in Kings Park and there is currently one under offer in Kings Park ave, one in Second Ave and one in Mount Annan drive so if they 3 sell the sold prices would give a better idea of that area. I know under offer means nothing but the ones in Second ave and Mount Annan went under offer in less than a week.

Netherlee still selling reasonably quickly, usually 10-15% down on peak. Not sure about Burnside, but I live in the middle in Kings Park and there is currently one under offer in Kings Park ave, one in Second Ave and one in Mount Annan drive so if they 3 sell the sold prices would give a better idea of that area. I know under offer means nothing but the ones in Second ave and Mount Annan went under offer in less than a week.

Thanks bingobob.

I'm going to view 3 on sunday so will try get a feel for the area etc.

Am from Burnside, my parents still live on Drumsargard Road. Neighbour across the road sold their end/corner semi after about 9 months on the market. Nice street, o/o £158k. Seemed quite high as it's nothing stupendous and has a weird corner garden. They weren't in a hurry to sell, so imagine they held on for close to asking. No details tho.

There was a house at the end of the street that seemed to be up for sale for about 2 years that finally sold in the summer. Not much moving, and I don't see an awful lot of for sale signs up round about (I keep an eye out in case I ever consider a move back). Seems pretty static.

http://www.s1homes.com/Burnside-property-for-sale/2010052417044138.shtml

Edited by stillill

Just curious, but how do you know the house on Drumsargard Road sold? I kept an eye on that property and there was no 'under offer' or 'sold' sign updated on rightmove or gspc. Was there a sign up on the property saying sold?

It is a nice property, but Blairbeth road isn't a quiet area, it's quite busy traffic-wise, and it's also very close to both Castlemilk, Fernhill and the Spittal, all three areas of deprivation, right up the road.

It is a nice property, but Blairbeth road isn't a quiet area, it's quite busy traffic-wise, and it's also very close to both Castlemilk, Fernhill and the Spittal, all three areas of deprivation, right up the road.

Thanks for the reply laurag - i wasn't aware of the areas that surrounded this property which would be a major turn off.

The main road outside was the main reason i was not interested at the time, it was too busy and noisy .

What nicer areas would you recommend over this side of Glasgow ?

One property i am interested in viewing is on Cathcart road although again i am not familiar with this area.

thanks again.

Apologies if i've given the impression I know all of the south side of Glasgow. I don't. And apologies if I sounded like Hyacynth Bucket re surrounding areas. Good luck with your search.

Laura

Thanks for the reply laurag - i wasn't aware of the areas that surrounded this property which would be a major turn off.

The main road outside was the main reason i was not interested at the time, it was too busy and noisy .

What nicer areas would you recommend over this side of Glasgow ?

One property i am interested in viewing is on Cathcart road although again i am not familiar with this area.

thanks again.

I'd say every nice bit of glasgow is never more than a ten minute walk away from a bad bit.

For example some bits of Kings Park are nice, but aren't far from Toryglen. Even Newton Mearns (which isn't strictly Glasgow anyway) is only a few minutes in the car away from Darnley, Arden and Thornliebank.

I'd say every nice bit of glasgow is never more than a ten minute walk away from a bad bit.

For example some bits of Kings Park are nice, but aren't far from Toryglen. Even Newton Mearns (which isn't strictly Glasgow anyway) is only a few minutes in the car away from Darnley, Arden and Thornliebank.

Yep, I'd agree with that. Pollokshields is lovely and it's near Govanhill etc

I'm not in a position to offer over £265k on a house, but if I was, I wouldn't buy one on a busy road near some fairly rough areas.

Edited by laurag

Yep, I'd agree with that. Pollokshields is lovely and it's near Govanhill etc

I'm not in a position to offer over £265k on a house, but if I was, I wouldn't buy one on a busy road near some fairly rough areas.

that road is busy, seen myself stuck on it for 15mins many a time.

@Laurag,

the owners are friends of my parents, they've moved out. I think they were toying with renting it out, so possible it's rented and my mum's got the wrong end of the stick, but mum said they'd sold it. "Some guy on the internet's mum told him" probably the weakest information ever right enough! I also wondered re: the for sale/sold sign, but they were quite a low-key and considerate couple, so once it was sold they probably took the sign down right away rather than give more free advertising to an estate agent and spoil the look of the street (honestly, they were lovely).

@Guinness

re: the surrounding areas, Laurag is right I guess, Burnside as a whole is surrounded by not-so-nice. Grew up in Burnside for 22 years, and though it's not quite as nice as it thinks it is, it's not a bad area. Blairbeth Road is indeed considered quite busy for the area though. Drumsargard Road is round the corner from some rough shops, and bits of Cambuslang at the end of dukes road aren't the nicest. It's the same pretty much anywhere in any city - pockets of nice areas, and ajoining areas you wouldn't want to get lost in even in daytime.

Edited by stillill

@Laurag,

the owners are friends of my parents, they've moved out. I think they were toying with renting it out, so possible it's rented and my mum's got the wrong end of the stick, but mum said they'd sold it. "Some guy on the internet's mum told him" probably the weakest information ever right enough! I also wondered re: the for sale/sold sign, but they were quite a low-key and considerate couple, so once it was sold they probably took the sign down right away rather than give more free advertising to an estate agent and spoil the look of the street (honestly, they were lovely).

@Guinness

re: the surrounding areas, Laurag is right I guess, Burnside as a whole is surrounded by not-so-nice. Grew up in Burnside for 22 years, and though it's not quite as nice as it thinks it is, it's not a bad area. Blairbeth Road is indeed considered quite busy for the area though. Drumsargard Road is round the corner from some rough shops, and bits of Cambuslang at the end of dukes road aren't the nicest. It's the same pretty much anywhere in any city - pockets of nice areas, and ajoining areas you wouldn't want to get lost in even in daytime.

Thanks for the replies - Pollokshields property's look nice too. I asked a guy i work with what that area was like and he said it has a large "asian" community although not exactly in that way. Is this the case ?