House Price Crash Forum
Jester

This House Was Sold For £250,000 15 Months Ago

I looked at it when it was last on the market. I thought prices were falling then. The house did need some work doing to it and that work looks like it has now been done.

Yeah, coz loads of people in Leicester have a spare 350k lying around!

The garden's a bit small and the neighbours are close by for the size of house I thought.

Yeah, coz loads of people in Leicester have a spare 350k lying around!

Average wage in Leicester = £18,705 :blink:

Professionals in the area can expect an average wage of £28,641 to £30,00 :lol:

Unless of ocurse its aimed at London hedge fund managers who like a really LONG commute B)

What do you mean "what do you think"? What do you think? Are we supposed to believe you are interested in buying it at £350k?

"I thought prices were falling then" so you think prices are rising now?

Looks like a desperate estate agent type thread on a day of bad news for house prices.

"Look at this.... house prices are still going up... BUY BUY BUY.... QUICK QUICK QUICK"

What do you mean "what do you think"? What do you think? Are we supposed to believe you are interested in buying it at £350k?

Looks like a desperate estate agent type thread on a day of bad news for house prices.

"Look at this.... house prices are still going up... BUY BUY BUY.... QUICK QUICK QUICK"

What I think is......House prices were potentially falling 15 months ago and so there is no way that this property is worth £350,000 now when it was sold for £250,000 15 months ago.

It has had some work done which could improve the value a little. But prices are falling (I think) so perhaps that cancels out the increase in value.

BUT I wonder about the value of a BIG house on a small plot. I've looked at one or two properties that seem to have a larger house on a small or even very small plot and question the valuations.

Having said that I won't be making an offer.

There's no way that's worth £100k more than it was last year.

It's chancers like this why Rightmove index of asking prices must be ignored.

Edited by exiges

Oh and no I'm not interested in buying at £350,000.....I don't have anywhere near that sort of money available for house purchase. This property caught my eye because I remember it being on the market last time.

Oh and no I'm not interested in buying at £350,000.....I don't have anywhere near that sort of money available for house purchase. This property caught my eye because I remember it being on the market last time.

So just to clarify.

You have seen a house for £350k that you have no intention of buying, you don't even have the funds to buy but because it has increased £100k in 15 months you think it is worth doing a thread about it on a house price crash forum?

Jester = troll.

I find it hard to see the attraction of Broughton Astley. It's a bit in no-mans land, a drive away from anywhere useful but without any village charm. Here's a search for 5 beds in LE10 for comparison:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^1422&sortByPriceDescending=false&minPrice=350000&minBedrooms=5&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=detachedshouses

i get your point. I work in Leicester and I'm actually looking more towards leicester. I'm not really looking in Broughton Astley. I just remember this property from the last time it was on the market lol. I was a bit shocked when I saw the price to be honest.

So just to clarify.

You have seen a house for £350k that you have no intention of buying, you don't even have the funds to buy but because it has increased £100k in 15 months you think it is worth doing a thread about it on a house price crash forum?

Jester = troll.

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

Is it your house?

So just to clarify.

Jester = troll.

LOL @ you

Seems fairly reasonable to me.

Is it your house?

Hey Pilchard you may have a point there lol. That would be so funny.

Hey redhat I think your house is over valued!

There's no way that's worth £100k more than it was last year.

It's chancers like this why Rightmove index of asking prices must be ignored.

Friend i know recently paid nearly £400k on a house that at peak sold for £350k. Tonnes of stuff was better value, but he *had* to have that house (woman involved)

Some people just buy houses like they would a tin of beans off a supermarket shelf. Thats what they see on offer, thats the price they see, so they pay it and worry later.

Admittedly this guy is on good wages and even if that stops theres a healthy BoMaD to fall back on.

Friend i know recently paid nearly £400k on a house that at peak sold for £350k. Tonnes of stuff was better value, but he *had* to have that house (woman involved)

Some people just buy houses like they would a tin of beans off a supermarket shelf. Thats what they see on offer, thats the price they see, so they pay it and worry later.

Admittedly this guy is on good wages and even if that stops theres a healthy BoMaD to fall back on.

Hi sadman what's a BoMaD?

[quote name=Oh Well :(' timestamp='1288340069' post='2765786]

Looks really cheap to me.

If it's only worth £350k Leicester must be a worse shit hole than I thought :lol:

Oh....I live in leicester I don't think that it's a sh*thole. I do have certain expectations for my house and this house didn't fill those expectations when it was sold for £250,000. I'm just surprised that it;s now £350,000. Perhaps it's me who has the situation completely wrong.

Looks like someone was asking £475k for a house (admittedly slightly bigger looking) on that road at peak. My instincts are peak -50%, so i would judge £200k to be a fair value for this particular property. :)

To be fair the houses are nice executive type houses but the plots are small IMO.