House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DEATH

Newham Council Spend £18.7M On Designer Offices

Labour have always been good at spending other peoples money.

For the Orwell readers amongst us.. it looks like the pigs have finally moved into the Farmers house..

Edited by exiges

"Daniel Windor, of interior designers Sheppard Robson, who carried out the work, said: "You have to have the 'wow factor' in that environment. You need to give it a bit of sparkle or it will fall flat."

Someone at that council needs some glitter sparkle on his p45.

That is just a sickening disgusting waste of money.

I recently visited a newly built council office just outside London. Floor after floor of council workers. The chap I was visiting told me the chairs they used were very comfortable and cost £300 each. Collosal waste of money.

I recently visited a newly built council office just outside London. Floor after floor of council workers. The chap I was visiting told me the chairs they used were very comfortable and cost £300 each. Collosal waste of money.

Before a Labour supporter comes and asks, I will: "WHY CAN'T COUNCIL WORKERS ENJOY THE SAME WORK ENVIRONMENT AS BANKER PARASITES IN THE CITY?!?!?!"

:rolleyes:

And a council propaganda 'newspaper' costing half a mill p.a. Jesus wept.

Our council used to produce one of these (£50K a year, or so they said), full of 'aren't we wonderful and look at all the lovely happy ethnically-diverse people in the photos' but they finally had the sense to scrap the sheer bloody waste of money and paper.

Edit: If I were David C I'd appoint a govt. axeman to force councils to scrap this kind of criminal waste of other people's money.

Edited by Mrs Bear

I found 30 unopened laptops in a storeroom once that were bought to spend up the Divisional budget years before I joined. They of course were well below the spec required when I came across them so were useless, although cost a bomb when ordered.

I questioned at a meeting why we had spent 20k on this when some schools are having to sellotape books together to share between 5 kids. There were some sheepish looks and nervous shuffles of paper.

"Any other business" proclaimed the DM.

Before a Labour supporter comes and asks, I will: "WHY CAN'T COUNCIL WORKERS ENJOY THE SAME WORK ENVIRONMENT AS BANKER PARASITES IN THE CITY?!?!?!"

:rolleyes:

If they're happy to work 80+ hour weeks, be on call 24-7-52 etc I'm happy for them to have sparkling offices and £300 chairs. :rolleyes: