A U Down Almost $20 On Q E 2 Doubts

http://www.kitco.com/market/

GOLD

10/27/2010

11:13

-1.48%

FTSE All Share 2921.94 -31.93 -1.08%

Dow Jones 11036.33 -133.13 -1.19%

Is the market pricing in deflation? Or a brutal accross the board collapse of everything that has risen in recent years as Buffett suggested about 2 years ago.

Pound has lost its post-euphroic GDP gains and stocks look like they are about to go through another big one.

Interesting few days ahead folks.

Edited by Realistbear

http://www.kitco.com/market/

GOLD

10/27/2010

11:13

-1.48%

FTSE All Share 2921.94 -31.93 -1.08%

Dow Jones 11036.33 -133.13 -1.19%

Is the market pricing in deflation? Or a brutal accross the board collapse of everything that has risen in recent years as Buffett suggested about 2 years ago.

Pound has lost its post-euphroic GDP gains and stocks look like they are about to go through another big one.

Interesting few days ahead folks.

:lol:

You are so predictable!

:lol:

You are so predictable!

Its a funy thing but when I floated $1374 as a top* for gold it wouldn't arf been awful if that wild guess turned out to be very close to the actual top--at least for the next few decades like wot happened the last time gold rose to dramatic heights only to collapse dramatically wthin a few hours.

But I wouldn't like to place any bets on this as predictable the markets ain't.

Looks like they are pricing on some dissapointments on the QE2 move and the recovereh is locked in here despite the cuts not yet having kicked in so that anyone would notice.

Turbulent days ahead predicted.

*Must be nigh on 3 weeks ago that this number appeared on here as a possible (not guanranteed) top.

Edited by Realistbear

I am glad Realistbear started this thread. After all, gold hasn't fallen this much since last Thursday :blink:

Couldn't help but notice it as so many newspapers were reporting how people are going wild for gold and selling old jewellry and just about anything else to raise money to buy in before the price went even higher.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-Key-Signs-Of-A-Market-investopedia-2401998190.html?x=0

3 Key Signs Of A Market Top

Summary

Since the market always moves in waves, not every decline is a reason to exit the market. However, when a series of signals align, it can provide evidence that the market is creating a top and could be entering a larger correction.

:o:o:o

Edited by Realistbear

Its a funy thing but when I floated $1374 as a top* for gold it wouldn't arf been awful if that wild guess turned out to be very close to the actual top--at least for the next few decades like wot happened the last time gold rose to dramatic heights only to collapse dramatically wthin a few hours.

But I wouldn't like to place any bets on this as predictable the markets ain't.

Looks like they are pricing on some dissapointments on the QE2 move and the recovereh is locked in here despite the cuts not yet having kicked in so that anyone would notice.

Turbulent days ahead predicted.

*Must be nigh on 3 weeks ago that this number appeared on here as a possible (not guanranteed) top.

you really do have no shame, truly, remarkably shameless

you really do have no shame, truly, remarkably shameless

Well, you never know with these things. Time will only tell if my wild guess at a gold top was close or miles off.

But really, it was just a wild guess and a markeer we can all look back on in years to come as we try to work out the next big bubble & crash.

Its a shameful business allright so I quite agree with your conclusions. :P

3 Key Signs Of A Market Top

Number 3:

3. The major indexes move below a prior swing low.

We are quite a way off gold taking out a prior swing low, unless of course your idea of a swing low is last Friday. I am no goldbug, but I don't understand why you cannot see that we have a fair way to go before we can talk about a real correction in gold. A takeout of 1300 for starters followed by a take out of 1230, then we have a possible indication of a genuine drop.

Well, you never know with these things. Time will only tell if my wild guess at a gold top was close or miles off.

But really, it was just a wild guess and a markeer we can all look back on in years to come as we try to work out the next big bubble & crash.

Its a shameful business allright so I quite agree with your conclusions. :P

The only gold top you could spot is in the fridge aisle of tesco.

One for our resident goldbug :

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Gold-Prices-Extend-Losses-on-tsmf-1068421653.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

Gold Prices Shamelessly Extend Losses on QE Caution

Staff Reporter , On Wednesday October 27, 2010, 10:19 am EDT
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Gold prices extended losses Wednesday morning as investors shamelessly await the next Federal Reserve move on quantitative easing.
Shameless pressure on gold prices continued to mount as the Wall Street Journal reported that the Fed Reserve could be more cautious than previously expected in its stance on quantitative easing.
Gold for December delivery was falling $10.30 to $1,328.30 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price Wednesday has traded as high $1,343.70 and as low as $1,325.
The U.S. dollar index was rising 0.2% to $77.89, while the euro was down 0.2% to $1.38 against the dollar. The spot gold price was down more than $11, according to Kitco's gold index.

I thought $1374 was being more on the bullish side. I wonder why all this negativity about gold all of a sudden? :o

I thought $1374 was being more on the bullish side. I wonder why all this negativity about gold all of a sudden? :o

I think it's something to do with the fact that theres a paedophile ring who want to make money to fund communism by talking gold down. They plan to use the money they raise to enter the white slave trade, then invest heavily in middle eatern terrorism.

Meh. What is with your vehement disdain for gold and such? I mean, why waste so much time and energy posting on here (and getting it wrong, over, and over...)?

Besides, its still up 30-ish %. Oh gee whiz, what a sh1t store of worth, etc.... Best get into houses.

au0365nyb.gif

Seasonality is no great mystery

14331_b.png

Most have been expecting the october low, personally I think it will be late this year and maybe even mid Nov. I have already started buying though.

Edited by richyc

And so the dreadful tedium of these threads goes on ...

More fun when gold is rising IMO. Boring at the moment as there is a lack of drama.

Anyway--just caught a butchers at todays chart and was dissappointed to see it down again, albeit a tad, when we might expect some good bounces on the dips. But this isn't happening for some reason. :(

GOLD 10/28/2010 03:34 1323.60 1324.60 -1.40

-0.11%

The only gold top you could spot is in the fridge aisle of tesco.

It's posts like this that keep me reading RBs gold threads!

Edited by killerbee

It's posts like this that keep me reading RBs gold threads!

Yes indeed. Avoid the data at all costs. <_<

Some (not all) might be thinking that there should always be buying on the dips and that there hasn't been this time around which may (or may not) suggest that something more ominous may (or may not) be brewing.

But then again, the majority of economists are still saying gold is a sure thing as it will rise no matter what happens in the broader economy due to demand and shortgae of supply (despite the oversold ETFs). If the economists are right gold should do just fine and I can't see any need to start selling just yet as gold might go up again very soon.

The demand is still frenzied|:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10886962/1/7-vulnerable-gold-stocks-to-sell.html

And if all of that isn't enough for you, we had the ridiculous news last week that gold vending machines are coming to the U.S. That's right, a German company called Gold to Go plans to have 35 machines in place by the end of December, with the first machines to be installed in Florida and Las Vegas. Consumers will be able to purchase gold with debit cards in 1-, 5- and 10-gram and 1-ounce bars.

So you see why I think it seems everyone is bullish on gold. Sure, some of these bulls, like Paulson and Goldman, are smart money, and their bullish stand on gold shouldn't be taken for granted. But what I don't like about all this bullish gold chatter is that it's all happening at the same time, when gold prices are trading near all-time highs.

Edited by Realistbear

Yes indeed. Avoid the data at all costs. <_<

Data

Total gold tops called by RB - 1937

Total real world gold tops - Zero

Total Deflations called by RB - 20,128

Total real world deflations - Zero, RB missed 1 US hyperinflation, 1 UK high inflation and 1 Eu high inflation

Total gold tops in fridge aisle of tesco - about 40

Total gold tops spotted by RB - 2. (After asking staff.)

Data

Total gold tops called by RB - 1937

Total real world gold tops - Zero

Total Deflations called by RB - 20,128

Total real world deflations - Zero, RB missed 1 US hyperinflation, 1 UK high inflation and 1 Eu high inflation

Total gold tops in fridge aisle of tesco - about 40

Total gold tops spotted by RB - 2. (After asking staff.)

LOL!! :D:lol:

But what I don't like about all this bullish gold chatter is that it's all happening at the same time, when gold prices are trading near all-time highs.

Corrected :P

But what I don't like about all this InsanePrinty Printy is that it's all happening worldwide at the same time, forcing gold prices to trade near all-time highs.