House Price Crash Forum

A Royal Welcome For The £50Bn Emir Buying Britain Brick By Brick

HOLA441

No, it's the arabic word for "leader" but has been translated to "Prince" in the west as that is how we understand their position in society from our own history and customs. It is clearly said in Islam that "no man is better than any other except in piety" so if he knows his onions he wouldn't claim to have "magic blood".

Even taking the englished version of everything http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir i can't see how you arrived at magic blood from nobility even if you insist on continuing that translation of emir, it says it's an honorary title.

Ah well, he's just delusional then.

Glad to be corrected.

On one, small and basically irrelevent point. And very glad you agree that religious people are mentally ill to one degree or another.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Nice rule of thumb but ultimately cockamainy ******** - unless you can define what an illness is.

I think it's something that malfunctions in the body or brain. The definition of a malfunction must be something that doesn't function according to the manual/documentation. Since there is no documentation for the human body other than the collective summation of all medical science, I'm a little surprised that anybody can be so sure that a belief is an illness. Still, I could be proved wrong some day.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Having some experience of working in an Arab country you have to be careful they don't just dump their money here and make the economy uncompetitive.

If studying hard, working hard and getting the house and car is the American dream the Arab dream is to cream some cash and park it in something boring like land or property and collect the rent (like us in the last ten years). Its almost impossible for young people in the majority Arab countries to start businesses get premises unless they are rich already and residential and commercial property is priced as a cash car park rather than for its viable use (and is a good chunk or the reason for militant Islam's popularity...its always about the money notice the 9/11 crew where Saudi).

In gulf countries a elite family will dominate the wealth using western technology/expertise to suppress decent (a native HPC.co.uk would be banned in Dubai) and then western banking expertise to syphon the wealth off via the banks (family controlled in nearly all cases) liquidity is injected....though only the plebs need to pay it back.

It concerns me the increasing power these non democratic nations are getting and I hope we default/pay back before we cannot choose to tell them to get stuffed.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

This is where I must entice you to go and talk to people more.

Talking to someone doesn't reveal what they are thinking. It just gives you an idea - an idea formed from your interpretation.

Shame your dogma prevents from fully participating in the human experience.

People believe because they want to believe. It provides them sustenance and gives them strength.

Every wonder why humanity actually evolved? Factual analysis of surroundings didnt do it alone. Some faith was needed.

We are built for it. You just choose to reject the part of you that embodies this.

God is a function of the brain. It is badly misinterpreted - usually usurped - but certainly no illness - no more than an appendix.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA449

Talking to someone doesn't reveal what they are thinking. It just gives you an idea - an idea formed from your interpretation.

It does if you ask them right.

Shame your dogma prevents from fully participating in the human experience.

People believe because they want to believe. It provides them sustenance and gives them strength.

Not ime.

Every wonder why humanity actually evolved? Factual analysis of surroundings didnt do it alone. Some faith was needed.

We are built for it. You just choose to reject the part of you that embodies this.

God is a function of the brain. It is badly misinterpreted - usually usurped - but certainly no illness - no more than an appendix.

Seen the "bomb in the brain" series?

Belief is generally a subset of abuse, a sign of damage.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

:lol:

Exactly.

You have brain capacity for listening to, and enjoying music despite it having no physical presence.

If you didn't know where the music came from - yet it made you feel good each and every day

dont you think you might develop a belief system around it?

That is the essence of god.

I am not saying that everyone who claims god as his own actually understands it. But it is there. I'm sure you could induce it in a laboratory.

HOLA4421

Exactly.

You have brain capacity for listening to music despite it having no physical presence.

If you didn't know where the music came from - yet it made you feel good each and every day

dont you think you might develop a belief system around it?

That is the essence of god.

I am not saying that everyone who claims god as his own actually understands it. But it is there. I'm sure you could induce it in a laboratory.

And if I showed you there was a band of musicions who played it and you went on saying that god did it, you would be a mentalist!

And you are right, you can get people to see angels and all kinds of wacky religious shit if you stimulate the right parts of the brain. That's another way we know it's cobblers.

Edited by Injin

HOLA4422

And if I showed you there was a band of musicions who played it and you went on saying that god did it, you would be a mentalist!

I would. But we are talking about music. A few centimeters difference of grey matter.

Still no rational from yourself on why you listen to music I see.

HOLA4423

And you are right, you can get people to see angels and all kinds of wacky religious shit if you stimulate the right parts of the brain. That's another way we know it's cobblers.

The feeling is there.

The interpretation is wrong.

You, however, deny the sensation exists - whilst bobbing to UB40.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425