House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

95% Mortgage Available

Thought LIAR LOANS was Self Cert!

borrowing 95% is hardly 'Lying'

In Bristol - you need to earn £54,000 pa JUST to "get on the property ladder": http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/163-54-000/article-2804227-detail/article.html

In London - the figure is more like £90k pa.......

So - if the average bod is to somehow get a 95% Mortgage in this case - then - it implies that every Tom, Dick & Harry in Bristol is "earning" £54,000 pa minus 5% in Bristol, and £90,000 pa minus 5% in London......

THIS IS ONE, BIG, FAT LIE.

Ergo: It will be a LIAR LOAN.

Edited by eric pebble

In Bristol - you need to earn £54,000 pa JUST to "get on the property ladder": http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/163-54-000/article-2804227-detail/article.html

In London - the figure is more like £90k pa.......

So - if the average bod is to somehow get a 95% Mortgage in this case - then - it implies that every Tom, Dick & Harry in Bristol is "earning" £54,000 pa minus 5% in Bristol, and £90,000 pa minus 5% in London......

THIS IS ONE, BIG, FAT LIE.

Ergo: It will be a LIAR LOAN.

What a bizarre way of making an argument.

I see it this way: "95% loans are available ON THIS PROPERTY" (my emphasis)

"This property" is in Manchester. Not Bristol. Not London, either.

5% of £75,000 is £3,750, which I would have thought was a perfectly affordable deposit, even taking into account the additional cost of solicitors' fees, the property being exempt from stamp duty.

Nowhere in the post or the property particulars does it say that this mortgage is self-certified. Even if it were, the value of the property concerned and the likely average salary/income in the area are such that this is hardly news.

Tell me, Eric, when the FSA bans self cert mortgages early next year, what are you going to use your red capitals to complain about?

Given that they are offering this mortage without knowing who will buy it, does that mean that it is vendor finance ?

No it's probably an EA talking out his ass. Quite common in the UK.

What a bizarre way of making an argument.

I see it this way: "95% loans are available ON THIS PROPERTY" (my emphasis)

"This property" is in Manchester. Not Bristol. Not London, either.

5% of £75,000 is £3,750, which I would have thought was a perfectly affordable deposit, even taking into account the additional cost of solicitors' fees, the property being exempt from stamp duty.

Nowhere in the post or the property particulars does it say that this mortgage is self-certified. Even if it were, the value of the property concerned and the likely average salary/income in the area are such that this is hardly news.

Tell me, Eric, when the FSA bans self cert mortgages early next year, what are you going to use your red capitals to complain about?

I'm not talking about Manchester. This property is v much the exception to the rule.

Fact is - in Bristol and MANY other parts of the UK - the "price" of property is at least 9 x average salary: SO - if people are being found mortgages on this basis - it's a LIE - and LIAR LOANS are the only possible way of "affording" them.

AND -- Don't make me laugh - "when the FSA bans self cert mortgages early next year"

:lol::lol: We all know that's a complete load of b0ll0cks - the VI's will find some way of keeping LIAR LOANS going.... :rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28321156.html

95% MORTGAGES ARE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY

And look at picture 4! What DIY Skills decided that was a good idea?

Incidentally, I see that the Estate Agents (Ryder & Dutton) marketing that property have really got their act together, pulled out all stops, and spared no expense in ensuring that this property will fly off the books.

Well, that's the line that they will have fed the seller.

Meanwhile, half the photos are not even in focus :lol:

Incidentally, I see that the Estate Agents (Ryder & Dutton) marketing that property have really got their act together, pulled out all stops, and spared no expense in ensuring that this property will fly off the books.

Well, that's the line that they will have fed the seller.

Meanwhile, half the photos are not even in focus :lol:

They are open till 8.30pm though.

Not that they are desperate or anything.