House Price Crash Forum
pl1

Bbc Agenda Now Clear: Gdp Increase Lead Story Everywhere On Bbc

It's clear they have an agenda. Whether it's because they have major vested interests in HPI or because they are a Government mouthpiece I'm not sure. But it does seem extraordinary that they lead with this story yet didn't even have the massive fall in house prices mentioned anywhere on their Website. Also, don't the GDP figures have to be adjusted or revised as well?

They can get on with it...if it stops QE2 its ok with me!

I’d like to think that the BOE would shelve QE2 however they won’t be relying on the BBC for economic advice. The BBC’s strange take on it going from 1.2% to 0.8% being a good thing may placate the public and so hence allow them to manoeuvre without fear.

It's clear they have an agenda.

You're probably right but I wouldn't know.

Stopped reading/watching BBC content years ago. Most of my news these days comes from Tgraph / Bloomberg.

Much better :)

I’d like to think that the BOE would shelve QE2 however they won’t be relying on the BBC for economic advice. The BBC’s strange take on it going from 1.2% to 0.8% being a good thing may placate the public and so hence allow them to manoeuvre without fear.

I'd like to think that the BoE are a fully independent collection of 'experts', free from political interference. However ...

It's clear they have an agenda. Whether it's because they have major vested interests in HPI or because they are a Government mouthpiece I'm not sure.

Constitutionally the BBC is a very strange beast and by consequence it's 'intentions' are often misinterpreted.

The BBC is not a single homogeneous entity. It's a rather more loose collection of semi-autonomous empires, for which various groups and individuals continuously jostle for control. Some of the most bizarre and banal policy decisions are made by large committees, made up of individuals from various groups supposedly representative of the makeup of the UK population. Anyone who has served on such a committee will understand that this is not the best way to be decisive......

The BBC got a lot of flack after Peston broke Northern Rock....the current 'don't spook the market' stance is most likely just a knee jerk reaction, so typical of the BBC

I found out about the drop in house prices from the BBC, I came on here the same day and there were lot of threads about them not having covered it. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the BBC I think they are vastly overpaid and provide a service that doesn't offer anything we can't get elsewhere.

The house price news was well reported by them but the GDP growth effects everyone not just those looking to buy or sell a house and so I would expect to see more of it.

Watched it being delivered on BBC World last night. It's the unconscionable manipulation of facts and figures and their interpretation that I find quite sickening.

And grist to the mill is having to tolerate financial cretins such as Julia Caesar and Caroline Hepke mindlessly spouting this superficial propagandist pap to the unwashed.

But give them a mining disaster to cover and they'll have their well paid country-based correspondent give you a second by second account , for days on end , of every belch and fart.

The BBC are a bloody disgrace.