House Price Crash Forum
Milton

Conservatives Want House Prices To Go Up?!

Edited by Dan1

This guy has really pissed me off.

We've spent years highlighting Labours disastrous mistakes:

Price out of Housing? Blame Labour

Yet now it appears the Tories believe Labour were correct?!!

Conservative Home. We need House Price to go UP

Please tell me I am hallucinating.

Is this guy deliberately setting out to ruin his parties credibility?

This guy has really pissed me off.

We've spent years highlighting Labours disastrous mistakes:

Price out of Housing? Blame Labour

Yet now it appears the Tories believe Labour were correct?!!

Conservative Home. We need House Price to go UP

Please tell me I am hallucinating.

Is this guy deliberately setting out to ruin his parties credibility?

"Posted by David T Breaker at 10:10"

Who is this b@stard moron?!

Is it just a blog there? Or this guy is... important there?

We must nip this c@ap in the fecking bud!!! Now!

--------

Edit: it is the first topic on their HOME PAGE !

They do accept comment though. :) Let's inflict some logic to this imbecile. (Or does he have a V.I. ?) He does deserve it.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2010/10/we-need-house-prices-to-go-up.html#comments

Edited by Tired of Waiting

It's a deeply, imbeded cultural problem that spans parties

In fact one of the few things many Tory and Labour voters agree on is how they want their house prices to rise

The conservative party is absolutely jam packed with people who want house prices to rise

I see signs of the party straightening this out slightly, but they are traditionaly the party of vested real estate interests

Some people on this site are living in la-la land

We get a mention in the comments section below the article...

"HM said in reply to Banquo's Ghost -a Candid Friend for Mr Cameron......

It seems this blog has been linked to from the housepricecrash website. Which explains all the extremist postings in the comment section.

Reply October 26, 2010 at 13:44"...

It seems this blog has been linked to from the housepricecrash website. Which explains all the extremist postings in the comment section.

Remind me again, how many millions of VOTERS are, and will be priced out of housing, by 2015, and how the HPC website is one of the most popular property sites on the web?

Edited by Dan1

Someone should point out that Dan1's post was only at 06:02 PM, today. Plenty of furious comments there before that.

The author is most certainly a fecking VI b@stard !

It would seem that this forum is now being read by all sorts:-

“HM said in reply to Banquo's Ghost -a Candid Friend for Mr Cameron...

It seems this blog has been linked to from the housepricecrash website. Which explains all the extremist postings in the comment section.”

WOW. Their admission to reading this site is an indication that they are beginning to realize high housing costs are unsustainable, and now feel the best form of retreat is offence. :lol:

Someone should point out that Dan1's post was only at 06:02 PM, today. Plenty of furious comments there before that.

The author is most certainly a fecking VI b@stard !

TiredOfWaiting. [Me too]

I should say, there is a news post link to this on the main HPC page. Which was posted at 10:54. am.

[i did'nt spot it until this afternoon]

I thought about voting Tory at the GE. I dearly wanted to believe they had our interests at heart. But I ended up voting Lib Dem!

That'll be sibley continuing his solo mission to publicise hpc..

Hi sibbers, must be feeling quite tense now things are gathering momentum. A few sleepless nights ahead I reckon..

Thank god these MP’s don’t seem to read the comments posted on their various internet postings otherwise they’d do a better job at hiding their VI. Mind you it might be that they have to keep their constituency happy that their doing everything in their power to support their local Vis. Good, dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.

Sorry I can’t abide the “Westminster Village” mob.

Anybody who thinks HPI is bad is an "extremist"!

extremist noun

someone who has beliefs which most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable

I hope I live to see the day that those who think HPI is good have become the extremists.

Anybody who thinks HPI is bad is an "extremist"!

I hope I live to see the day that those who think HPI is good have become the extremists.

I think this will always be the case.

If people didn't expect HPI then they wouldn't buy. Problem is that they would then rent and extra rental demand would make purchasing more attractive either for BTL or to avoid the increasing rents. This purchasing would create HPI and once they've bought most will want the value to increase.

Best you can hope for is that the market doesn't have too many distortions from irresponsible lending etc so property prices grow (in the long term) at a sensible pace.

If people didn't expect HPI then they wouldn't buy. Problem is that they would then rent and extra rental demand would make purchasing more attractive either for BTL or to avoid the increasing rents. This purchasing would create HPI and once they've bought most will want the value to increase.

Best you can hope for is that the market doesn't have too many distortions from irresponsible lending etc so property prices grow (in the long term) at a sensible pace.

You have just assumed that anyone who buys a house is only doing it as an investment rather than somewhere to live.

I post regularly on ConHome. Never been called an extremist by them!

Though most posters on there nowadays seem labour trolls, i think its had its day as a blog. Guido Fawkes is more fun, and, frankly, more efffective.,

Maybe if we had tenant friendly laws like germany they wouldnt, but given tenants are treated like second class citizens in this country there will always be a large market for house sales.

If there were to be a 50% crash in property prices, which would place 7%-8% [very rough estimate] ,of the UK 'homeowning population' into negative equity.

[Those who got onto the 'ladder' during the last decade or so]

[Over 50% of UK Homeowners own their property outright.]

[i would assume the majority of that 7%-8% in Negative Equity would be able to continue to make repayments, dependent on Jobs, and IR, if house prices dropped by 50%.]

How long before there are more voters priced out of housing, than those facing negative equity, if a 50% fall in house prices occured?

Just how many are priced out?

Time is on our side. What will the ratio be, by 2015?

Edited by Dan1

NuLabour ruined pensions making it seem better to “invest” in housing, if there was a crash and at the same time a regression of the tax take from pensions some of that lost funding might actually end up back in producing real wealth.

If there were to be a 50% crash in property prices, which would place 7%-8% [very rough estimate] ,of the UK 'homeowning population' into negative equity

[Over 50% of UK Homeowners own their property outright.]

[i would assume the majority of that 7%-8% in Negative Equity would be able to continue to make repayments, dependent on Jobs, and IR, if house prices dropped by 50%.]

How long before there are more voters priced out of housing, than those facing negative equity, if a 50% fall in house prices occured?

Just how many are priced out?

for house prices to fall 50% it would need massive contraction/destruction of credit, so there would be the knock on effect of job destruction in theconomy, its impossible to have a housepricecrash of that magnitude without destroying the economy just it it was impossible to have houseprice increases of this maagnitude without creating the associated economic boom

for house prices to fall 50% it would need massive contraction/destruction of credit, so there would be the knock on effect of job destruction in theconomy, its impossible to have a housepricecrash of that magnitude without destroying the economy just it it was impossible to have houseprice increases of this maagnitude without creating the associated economic boom

Ok Thankyou. [but we have seen numerous examples of 50% reductions at auctions. And USA house prices have fallen by 40% so far.]

If anyone knows the figures, I would like to know. The Priced Out crowd vs Negative Equity crowd.

Edit: Tamara, Am I right in believing you are an economist, by profession? What is your definition of the destruction of the economy? Do you have a link to any previous posts? TY

Edited by Dan1