House Price Crash Forum
juvenal

Alan Johnson Complains On Beeb ....

"The recovery in the housing market has stalled..."

The Shadow Chancellor clearly thinks this is a bad thing...

How many BTL's has this clown got?

Edited by juvenal

He came across as a complete moron in the interview.

Q. Are the GDP numbers good?

A. No, and they're only positive because of Labour.

Q. Is it good that all sectors showed growth?

A. No, because .... um, just, because.

He is cringeworthy to watch. A good guy, but surely we need someone more effective and knowledgeable in this position of oposition at the moment?

Clearly shows that labour purely say the opposite of what the tories regardless of right or wrong. I cant believe people actually vote for such a party

He is cringeworthy to watch. A good guy, but surely we need someone more effective and knowledgeable in this position of oposition at the moment?

Not really. Having another numpty at labours economic helm just makes them look even more incompetent

Not really. Having another numpty at labours economic helm just makes them look even more incompetent

We need people like him in opposition. Firstly, whenever you get annoyed with the government just look at the opposition to be reminded how bad they can be. Secondly, their presence is needed as an indicator of credibility - when they've all gone then perhaps Labour might be worth listening to again. Unfortunately I won't hold my breath.

Hello...

It was under Labour that house prices shot up. Why would anyone think they might consider HPI as anything other than good?

Is there a list of housing Bulls who are 'high profile' such as politicians, journalists, 'property experts'(arrgh), cross referenced with any known property investments they have?.

Such a thing could be useful in providing a perspective on their opinion/agenda.

Clearly shows that labour purely say the opposite of what the tories regardless of right or wrong. I cant believe people actually vote for such a party

I've said exactly this before about Labour. The shame is that we end up with laws/policies which are never the best they can be, just for the sake of holding a differing view.

It's truly mental.

Politics irritates me for that one reason, why say the opposite of something that is a good idea...they should praise the opposition for good policies not diss them at every opportunity...makes them look stupid and dim...school kids

They are good but we are better is a better way of putting it. ;)

...inherited Gordos Crown as Chief Clown......... :lol:

Ive sent him a rant about betraying the working man his party was supposed to represent. It start as follows....

Dear Mr Johnson

Not everybody wants to see house prices maintained at their current insane level. As a prospective first time buyer, I am fed up with politicians believing that everyone wants to see high house prices and that first time buyers problems can be solved if only we could re-inflate the bursting credit bubble which caused the mess in the first place.

The less people have to repay on their mortgage each month, the more money they have left over for other things (such as having a life). Additionally, the more disposable income people have after they have paid all their bills, the more they can spend on luxuries and contribute to and strengthen the economy. Low house prices are good. Do you celebrate when the price of petrol / apples / toothpaste goes up? Assuming you can see the logic of that statement, why would anyone celebrate an increase in the cost of the biggest purchase they will ever make?

In your world of insane house prices, the banks get to lend more money, charge more interest and pay bigger, fatter bonuses. Yet the working man has to repay a bigger mortgage and this greater sum will obviously require the working man to pay a greater sum of interest. After meeting these greater financial burdens, there is less disposable income left over and thus the economy suffers.

Until people like him begin to see that there might be votes in falling prices, they will have cast-iron blinkers welded to their heads where HPs are concerned.

And even then they'll need to be surgically removed.

and people say that Alan Johnson is one of the most intelligent of the labour party....

says this much....

about both the general populace and the labour party :lol:

What was Johnson like as Home Secretary?

I always thought Johnson was something of a very large ****** for wanting to send Gary McKinnon to the U.S to face a 70 year stretch.

Johnson decided that the extradition would not contravene McKinnon's human rights, and he had no "general discretion" to intervene in the case. This was a blatant lie.

Thank God the Coalition agreed to address the US/UK extradition treaty of 2003 when they entered office.

Because under Labour we witnessed the systematic destruction of civil rights in this country.

The UK-US Treaty has three main effects:

- (1) it removes the requirement on the US to provide prima facie evidence when requesting the extradition of people from the UK but maintains the requirement on the UK to satisfy the "probable cause" requirement in the US when seeking the extradition of US nationals;

- (2) it removes or restricts key protections currently open to suspects and defendants;

- (3) it implements the EU-US Treaty on extradition, signed in Washington on 25 June 2003, but far exceeds the provisions in this agreement.

The UK under Labour was the only European government to sign up to such a disgusting breech of the civil rights of its own citizens.

All the other European countries justifiably told America to F@@K off.

[Mexico, had a similiar agreement with the US. There are examples of Mexican citizens being 'abducted' by US authorities from Mexico, and then taken to the US for trial.

In theory, under the act, a UK citizen could be kidnapped by U.S authorities, taken to the US, and then even executed, if found guilty of a capital offense, for instance.]

The destruction of Civil Rights, still occuring whilst Johnson was Home Sec, is yet another proof of Labour Fascism.

Johnson just pulled the party line as Home Sec. Supporting issues like a DNA database. Employing spin and misdirection, when the European court of Human Rights ruled that Britain must cease to hold the DNA of people not charged with a crime. Crucial because it upholds the profoundly important concept of innocence.]

Johnson on the DNA database.

[We have more surveillance, implemented under Labour than any other country in the world, or any other state that has ever existed.

Including places like the Former East German stasi run state.

This is partly due to Labours, twisted interpretations of Isiah Berlins negative and positive liberty philosophy.

Basically New Labours argument was that if we are all being watched all the time, then innocent people will have less to fear!!!

Stalin would have been proud of that one.]

Labour are the enemy of UK citizens.

and people say that Alan Johnson is one of the most intelligent of the labour party....

says this much....

about both the general populace and the labour party :lol:

I have never and will never vote labour. My opinion: Alan Johnson has been handed a turd. I find him, if there is such a thing in labour, one of the more respectable members of the Labour party.

He would sit comfortably in most other roles but to be given Shadow Chancellor shows that labour have no depth, no talent and chose one of the more likable chumps to front the oposition on the very issues they so badly fecked up.

This will damage his political career. You made your bed Alan!!

Last week, there was a TV clip, (I think it was PM's questions) in which he accused Cameron of wanting to make the state smaller and that that belief lay at the heart of the Tory agenda. As though a smaller state were a great evil. Personally, that made me think of him as a profoundly stupid man.

But what an opportunity for Cameron. Why did he not jump up and retort "exactly - we do want a smaller state and so should you."

But then again, in this country there are plenty of people who do want a big state - and the bigger the better.

Much as I dislike the fella, at least Ed Balls has worked at the Treasury and would have been a better choice.

A strange decision by Ed Miliband.

Much as I dislike the fella, at least Ed Balls has worked at the Treasury and would have been a better choice.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: Ed Balls!?!?!?? THE slimiest creep to EVER walk the earth.... HE and BROON are THE MAIN CULPRITS behind HPI and the destruction of the UK and its economy. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by eric pebble

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: Ed Balls!?!?!?? THE slimiest creep to EVER walk the earth.... HE and BROON are THE MAIN CULPRITS behind HPI and the destruction of the UK and its economy. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

But at least he can string a coherent sentence together on economic matters (even if he's fundamentally wrong).

Johnson is making a prize tit of himself.

I can only assume Miliband knows this and wishes to end Johnson's political career when he makes a basic gaffe and is ridiculed

in the House, press, etc.

I can only assume Miliband knows this and wishes to end Johnson's political career when he makes a basic gaffe and is ridiculed

in the House, press, etc.

I think it was because Miliband could not upset either of Balls or Cooper by giving one of them the job

Ive sent him a rant about betraying the working man his party was supposed to represent. It start as follows....

Dear Mr Johnson

Not everybody wants to see house prices maintained at their current insane level. As a prospective first time buyer, I am fed up with politicians believing that everyone wants to see high house prices and that first time buyers problems can be solved if only we could re-inflate the bursting credit bubble which caused the mess in the first place.

The less people have to repay on their mortgage each month, the more money they have left over for other things (such as having a life). Additionally, the more disposable income people have after they have paid all their bills, the more they can spend on luxuries and contribute to and strengthen the economy. Low house prices are good. Do you celebrate when the price of petrol / apples / toothpaste goes up? Assuming you can see the logic of that statement, why would anyone celebrate an increase in the cost of the biggest purchase they will ever make?

In your world of insane house prices, the banks get to lend more money, charge more interest and pay bigger, fatter bonuses. Yet the working man has to repay a bigger mortgage and this greater sum will obviously require the working man to pay a greater sum of interest. After meeting these greater financial burdens, there is less disposable income left over and thus the economy suffers.

Please re-post if you get a reply - it would be good to know his answers to the questions you posed, as well as his general thoughts as to why he believes house price inflation is good.

As someone who wants to see Labour out of government for as long as possible I was gutted he did not appoint Balls as shadow chancellor.

Balls believes we should spend (borrowed) money paying people to dig a hole and then pay people to fill it back in. No cuts whatsoever from Balls. This would have given the unions and the old Labour left plenty of ammunition for strikes and rhetoric. It would have rendered Labour un-electable for a decade.

Oh well, maybe he'll be back one day...

P

Edit typo

Edited by PhoneyMcRingRing