House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Us Immigration/wvp

******ing hell, supposed to be applying through ESTA and I'm scared just reading the FAQs, nevermind filling the forms.

Not sure what to do for my wife, she has dual nationality, neither British but both under the WVP. Should I apply under the olive-skinned EU passport (which she'll need to take to get back into the UK) or the English speaking foreign country passport? Any takers?

I would go to this link and ask the question on all the forums dedicated to this - ignore the top link as it is your original post ;)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=WVP+us+immigration&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

There's no problem with the WVP authorization, I'm more interested in whether some passports are more equal than others when you are face to face with an immigration official ;)

There's no problem with the WVP authorization, I'm more interested in whether some passports are more equal than others when you are face to face with an immigration official ;)

i dont think its any secret that some passports are preferred over others but you dont give much info New EU, OLD EU, English speaking, Canada, Aus

At the end of the day they arent going to bar entry unless shes got a record or is carrying a farm in her suitcase

i dont think its any secret that some passports are preferred over others but you dont give much info New EU, OLD EU, English speaking, Canada, Aus

At the end of the day they arent going to bar entry unless shes got a record or is carrying a farm in her suitcase

I think its all there, dodgy by implication of the OP's intent, "olive-skinned" european country on the WVP list Vs. English speaking, white ;), far away country quite possibly with a history of immigration. Do you think I'd be asking if she was Canadian?

Its Hellas and Oz so you're 100% sure and previous jaunts say that the former is a definite requirement for getting back into Blighty easily. given her propensity for finding trouble, I thought it was worth asking a question.

Seeing that I made a decision and made my money before any replies probably means I should not act so hastily.

FFS, just checked in and, I kid you not, the oik giving us the 3rd degree before we even got to the desk asked why my wife, an EU citizen, didn't have a visa stamp in her passport.

Wouldn't believe she had an Esta on a Greek passport even though I showed him a print out of it and they're listed as part of the VWP. And he asked to see additional ID, electronic passport from a long term EU member not good enough obviously but a credit card with a name on would have helped! :lol:

Going to be fun & games at jfk :(

Its not just 'foreign' looking bods that get it tight. The chumps are the airport are told to do it for everyone. We got it tight at Edinburgh Airport on way out twice. And I am a pasty skinned Jock !!

No problems on entry or exit of the USA for my wife. The immigration guy at entry was friendly and disarming and we were through in no time at all. On the way back I did not suffer the TSA hustle and security was far less intrusive than leaving Manchester with pat-downs and bodyscanners.

Just the ***** at MAN who didn't know what he was doing.

No problems on entry or exit of the USA for my wife. The immigration guy at entry was friendly and disarming and we were through in no time at all. On the way back I did not suffer the TSA hustle and security was far less intrusive than leaving Manchester with pat-downs and bodyscanners.

Just the ***** at MAN who didn't know what he was doing.

Did you get 90 days automatically or is it still up to immigration ?

I was thinking of using the border trick but according to a wikipedia link referring to the amsterdam consulate

"Travel to contiguous countries (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean) is permitted during the 90 days, but travelers will not be granted an additional 90 days after re-entry"

Did you get 90 days automatically or is it still up to immigration ?

I was thinking of using the border trick but according to a wikipedia link referring to the amsterdam consulate

"Travel to contiguous countries (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean) is permitted during the 90 days, but travelers will not be granted an additional 90 days after re-entry"

Pretty sure you get 90 days automatically with the VWP, recall reading it somewhere.