House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NIOWEN

Buying From The N I Housing Executive

My friend has applyed to buy the family home from the Housing Executive. The fella called out to value it and the whole time he was there he was saying about how the market is about to take off and that things are on the up. What planet is this fella on? Has anyone any experence with buying from the H E and how do they value the propertys? He has been told by neighbours that they got their houses for next to nothing but nobody has bought in about 5 years because they have been asking way above market value.

Thanks for any info....Owen

I have a friend who also recently attempted to buy his parents house from NIHE. Very very bullish EA valued the property. He ended up pulling out because the valuation and discount based on number of years in the property was way out. Similar properties in the estate are on this EA books for 20k less even before negotiation with the vendor. He thought this particular EA was into BTL in the area in a big was. Bit of a conflict of interest if you ask me but who am I to judge EAs.

Thanks for the reply, i was reading his paper work from the H E and it said you can appeal the valuation and the send somone out from Lands Agency to value it. I think he is going to hold off and re apply in about 6-8 months no matter what they offer it for as things look like they are getting alot worse (or good for buyers).

i cant wait till cameron changes this and stops the selling off of HE properties at a discounted price and gets rid of the whole council house for life scenerio.

drive around the HE estates near me and all you see parked outside is new cars, a few bmw's mercedes and jeeps, its unbelievable. if they can afford such luxuries then they can damn afford to pay rent privately and the house given to someone who actually needs it and deserves it

i cant wait till cameron changes this and stops the selling off of HE properties at a discounted price and gets rid of the whole council house for life scenerio.

drive around the HE estates near me and all you see parked outside is new cars, a few bmw's mercedes and jeeps, its unbelievable. if they can afford such luxuries then they can damn afford to pay rent privately and the house given to someone who actually needs it and deserves it

This post sums up the welfare system, those who play the system get loads , those in real need get feck all.