House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gone baby gone

Bringing Child Labour Home

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-11615766

Romanian children found working in Worcestershire field

Seven Romanian children between the ages of nine and 16 have been found working in a field in Worcestershire.

The Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLA) and West Mercia Police found the children with a group of adults in the field in the Malvern Hills district on Wednesday.

The children, some of whom were with their parents, were taken into police protection.

A GLA spokesman said no arrests had been made but inquiries were ongoing.

The spokesman said officers found a group of 50 Romanians working where no licensed gangmaster could be established.

There was also a small group of Indian workers who were working for a licensed gangmaster.

The children had been found picking spring onions.

The spokesman said none of the workers, including the children, were adequately dressed for the cold conditions.

Linda Boyle, of the GLA, said it was the first time the authority had found children working in fields anywhere across the UK, though she had heard rumours that it was happening

She said two men escaped as attempts were made to detain them.

She said: "I wasn't shocked we found children because I had heard rumours. Last year, I found a baby's glove in a field.

"I was shocked we found so many.

"You have to be appalled."

Six children remain in care, she said, and social services were trying to identify them and their parents.

I hope the cost savings will be passed on to cost-concious UK consumers?

I can just hear those smug Tory backbenchers cheering now.

Hear hear, more more!

Child labour back in Britain.

They must think they have died and gone to Tory heaven.

Romanians, typical. No respect for old or the child. Not even for their own families. Children and wifes begging on the street while dad driving Audi to the local boozer for some beers. I'am no rasist, just saying as it is. <_<

I am suprised how quickly Britain can return back to a Victorian type of society.

Child labour. The undeserving poor. Charity instead of welfare and public services for the poor and vulnerable.

Driving the poor out of rich areas.

Am I missing something?

When I was 12 i worked in the fields and had a paper round. Ok I got money for it, but my parents made me do chores which I didn't get paid for. Should I have been taken into care?

No wonder so many are work shy these days.

Am I missing something?

When I was 12 i worked in the fields and had a paper round. Ok I got money for it, but my parents made me do chores which I didn't get paid for. Should I have been taken into care?

No wonder so many are work shy these days.

What forced to work from 7:30am to dusk?

Hear hear, more more!

Twunt.

Linda Boyle, of the GLA,

She said: "I wasn't shocked we found children because I had heard rumours. Last year, I found a baby's glove in a field"

:lol:

I think they are getting a little over excited with this one.

Twunt.

The Tories will be looking at repealing the child labour laws next.

Hear hear!

Quite right as well.

Am I the only one alarmed by the reality of the system already in place?

What the hell is the Gangmaster Licensing Authority?

What is a Gangmaster and why do serfs have to be under a licensed one?

Hear hear, more more!

ALL Liblabcon globalist politician tacitly encourage this through their NWO immigration policies. Ironically, the only parties able to stop such obscene practices are the BNP and maybe UKIP

C4 ran a documentary a couple of years ago of sweatshop conditions and hours in textile houses in Manchester. Mostly undocumented immigrants bought here via liebours open borders. Same with prostitution, child sex traffiking etc.

I guess it to some extent is overreacting though. Dad got me jobs on the production line for summer work when i was 14 and 15. Apparently that was actually illegal until i was 16. Never did me any harm.

jeezus - Fudge, and others - this is the price of freedom, it is illegal for good reason, but cases will slip under the net. that's life.

The Tories will be looking at repealing the child labour laws next.

Hear hear!

Quite right as well.

no they won't you paranoid fool

no they won't you paranoid fool

If these businesses offshore work to other countries that exploit child labour they must think it ok.

Remember when several years ago M&S was caught ordering contracts to firms that used child labour there was a big fuss nowadays it is common.

Look at Primark for example. There are many, many others.

Once people accept it in other countries then it is OK to do it in the UK.

Thats free market neo liberalism for you.

Once you have a neo liberal state, a state that believes its purpose is to further neo liberal policies as opposed to the needs of the citizen then laws that you may think are cast in stone can be cast aside.

NuLabour's lacks attitude to migration have created a whole raft of problem like this.

Sad as these children's working long hours are this is just the tip of the truth that is emerging. The difficulty for any parliament is to tackle this for as soon as they do they be accused of bigotry, as was a certain Scottish lady.

jeezus - Fudge, and others - this is the price of freedom, it is illegal for good reason, but cases will slip under the net. that's life.

...true ...we are only seeing now what Gordo slipped in under the net....and we are all paying the price..... <_<

If these businesses offshore work to other countries that exploit child labour they must think it ok.

Remember when several years ago M&S was caught ordering contracts to firms that used child labour there was a big fuss nowadays it is common.

Look at Primark for example. There are many, many others.

Once people accept it in other countries then it is OK to do it in the UK.

Thats free market neo liberalism for you.

Once you have a neo liberal state, a state that believes its purpose is to further neo liberal policies as opposed to the needs of the citizen then laws that you may think are cast in stone can be cast aside.

nice to see you are in favour of prostitution, slavery and forced marriage

do you honestly think in poor countries merely banning child labour means that the default for a poor child is to wait until he/she's 16 and then get a job at Asda?

a factory job at 9 is often the best alternative to going on the game once their poor parents cannot afford them anymore. International aid doesn't get near them because of corrupt government. Take a look at yourself and your own morals.

nice to see you are in favour of prostitution, slavery and forced marriage

do you honestly think in poor countries merely banning child labour means that the default for a poor child is to wait until he/she's 16 and then get a job at Asda?

a factory job at 9 is often the best alternative to going on the game once their poor parents cannot afford them anymore. International aid doesn't get near them because of corrupt government. Take a look at yourself and your own morals.

That's no reason for us to import the practice of child labour here. Our unemployment problem is bad enough without adding a few million kids to the workforce.

That's no reason for us to import the practice of child labour here. Our unemployment problem is bad enough without adding a few million kids to the workforce.

better that than adding them to street gangs/prostitution/pickpockets.

yes. I say this in a degree of boredom as i thought it was bleedin obvious (Fudgie's hint, I took, that we effectively use child labour, and therefore approve of it, by importing goods from countries that do it).

Indeed, I do not think we should re-allow child labour within the borders of the UK, but for hard-nosed economic reasons as much as child-protection. We do our children and ourselves a much greater service by having a school system, a welfare state, and a relatively uncorrupt govt and economy, so they benefit from an education that leads to greater earning when they are older, for them and for the broader economy. Education education education is a mantra supported by all political parties in different ways.

It is strange to say that I approve of child labour as a least-worst option in poor countries, it is a transition stage, as it was in the UK until, I guess, the late 19th century (earlier? later? not sure...)

yes. I say this in a degree of boredom as i thought it was bleedin obvious (Fudgie's hint, I took, that we effectively use child labour, and therefore approve of it, by importing goods from countries that do it).

Indeed, I do not think we should re-allow child labour within the borders of the UK, but for hard-nosed economic reasons as much as child-protection. We do our children and ourselves a much greater service by having a school system, a welfare state, and a relatively uncorrupt govt and economy, so they benefit from an education that leads to greater earning when they are older, for them and for the broader economy. Education education education is a mantra supported by all political parties in different ways.

It is strange to say that I approve of child labour as a least-worst option in poor countries, it is a transition stage, as it was in the UK until, I guess, the late 19th century (earlier? later? not sure...)

+1

..and I think more like the mid 19th century. Until then few women could read or write and were rarely educated at any level.

Here's a thought, they could be in school.

That would be best but not everyone that comes here shares our sensibilities/morals/way of life.

See travellers/roma/somalis etc etc

Some have their own ways and will preserve them never to integrate or change.