House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarman001

What Do You Do In This Situation!?

So I drive home from my girlfriend's place and walk around the corner to get home. On the way two girls start talking loudly and I eventually realise that it's at me! They start saying 'You raped me, rapist! Rap rapist - come here I want to talk to you about it' etc etc. They then followed me all the way to the gate and I'm sure tried to kick the bags I was holding. I was highly embarrassed, very angry, and felt incredibly helpless against these two young girls (looked to be 13 maybe). There was an incident in a nearby area not long ago which I assume is where they got the idea from. But imagine it - your life could be ruined so easily - what are you supposed to do/say? Saying something would likely escalate the situation, and phoning the police - well imagine the scene that would cause!!

Complete scumbag imbeciles. Yet another in a long line of anti-social behaviour in Scotland (last week alone there was some idiot shouting at somebody in a house asking to come out for a fight, days after some cars had been spray-painted).

I don't know how much more of this I can take - one of my mates is moving near Germany for a job and incidents like this push me further toward moving there also.

So I drive home from my girlfriend's place and walk around the corner to get home. On the way two girls start talking loudly and I eventually realise that it's at me! They start saying 'You raped me, rapist! Rap rapist - come here I want to talk to you about it' etc etc. They then followed me all the way to the gate and I'm sure tried to kick the bags I was holding. I was highly embarrassed, very angry, and felt incredibly helpless against these two young girls (looked to be 13 maybe). There was an incident in a nearby area not long ago which I assume is where they got the idea from. But imagine it - your life could be ruined so easily - what are you supposed to do/say? Saying something would likely escalate the situation, and phoning the police - well imagine the scene that would cause!!

Complete scumbag imbeciles. Yet another in a long line of anti-social behaviour in Scotland (last week alone there was some idiot shouting at somebody in a house asking to come out for a fight, days after some cars had been spray-painted).

I don't know how much more of this I can take - one of my mates is moving near Germany for a job and incidents like this push me further toward moving there also.

Difficult to win an argument with a thick 13 year old girl. Ignore is probably the best tactic, or just laugh at them. You could always use the old making false accusations like that make it difficult for women that have actually been raped, so turn it round on them that they could indirectly help a rapist get off, that would not be very cool even in chav circles.

Man, it's just an awful situation.........

They just tried it on some young kid outside and he replied 'go on then you little slags, try anything and I'll belt you' which seems to have shut them up. A grown man can't say such things - their scumbag dad would probably be banging at the door. I hate this place.

No advice as i stopped reading after the SO beginning to this story..its like SO american , lets start every conversation with SO.. So me and my friend ..so i went to the bank., so its 9.45am..bloody americanism's

No advice as i stopped reading after the SO beginning to this story..its like SO american , lets start every conversation with SO.. So me and my friend ..so i went to the bank., so its 9.45am..bloody americanism's

So why did you take the time and trouble to post a response to a message you hadn't read?

Man, it's just an awful situation.........

They just tried it on some young kid outside and he replied 'go on then you little slags, try anything and I'll belt you' which seems to have shut them up. A grown man can't say such things - their scumbag dad would probably be banging at the door. I hate this place.

What part of scotland are you in?

That's awful.

Something we see happening in schools which is why men get scared off. Something has gone very wrong in Respectsville.

Just pick up you guitar and write about it... let it out!

That's awful.

Something we see happening in schools which is why men get scared off. Something has gone very wrong in Respectsville.

Just pick up you guitar and write about it... let it out!

try singing something like this

It's sh1te being scottish

we're the lowest of the low

cant walk doon the street

without the slags having a go

I would just move to england

but they would tax me so

to pay for their scotch cousins

so no, I will ney go

Well these birds better hope Kharma doesn't actually exist.

try singing something like this

It's sh1te being scottish

we're the lowest of the low

cant walk doon the street

without the slags having a go

I would just move to england

but they would tax me so

to pay for their scotch cousins

so no, I will ney go

What key is that in...

Life's so unfair

I got ginger hair

My life been a mare

Cos the girlies dunnie care

What key is that in...

Life's so unfair

I got ginger hair

My life been a mare

Cos the girlies dunnie care

In Banff, Macduff and Keith,

The girls have rotten teeth.

Can't imagine they'd convince anyone you'd really done it, if as you say they're harassing all and sundry.

But they might provoke some poor sod into panicing and doing something stupid. In which case, it would be a Good Thing if the police know what they're up to and have some context for anything that reaches them. So perhaps it wouldn't hurt to report the incident.

I responded to someone else in another thread who was having problems with local scumbags (don't know if it was you) to say that if you move to a rural area, this does disappear. Certainly round here, the WAGs are too into their flower arranging and riding their horses - there are a couple of local "hoods", but nothing serious, and everyone knows who they are and their anti-social behaviour is more like dropping crisp packets and nicking the star off the nativity display in the barn down the road.

It really is like stepping back 30 years in time to when communities felt smaller. It isn't necessary to actually move out of the country and although this is an affluent area, I'm thinking most rural areas are different to urban areas and it isn't necessary for it to be "posh" - it has more to do with the fact that there aren't many people living there and morons are easily identified by the wider community.

In your case, I'd simply laugh at them and say "pretty unlikely as I'm gay" :)

There's nothing to call the Police about as far as I can see. So far. Unless it happens again, in which case, maybe invite the girls to stick around while you call the Police on your mobile and invite them to attend. I think the Police have a pretty good idea of who the troublemakers are in any given community and ride a very difficult tightrope better than people might imagine.

In short, ignore them..

I think that's the answer right there. Irrespective of this particular anecdote, I'd say if you really feel that way about the place you're living in, you should move at your earliest possible convenience.

Course it does. I've lived in Scotland for years and never had this happen to me.

Yep this is not a common occurence in most of Scotland. However in the scummy areas it is much more likely.

I am pretty certain Guitarman001 stays in a 'council estate' area. Not a surprise to me if true. Needs to move IMO. Far too much scum in those places to make life a misery.

Yep this is not a common occurence in most of Scotland. However in the scummy areas it is much more likely.

I am pretty certain Guitarman001 stays in a 'council estate' area. Not a surprise to me if true. Needs to move IMO.

Yup, certainly sounds like it to me.

Far too much scum in those places to make life a misery.

Indeed. It's a fact of life up here that nobody with the choice will live outwith an owner-occupied housing estate.

Things are definately getting worse. I live in a fairly busy area (also in scotland) near quite a few pubs. It could always be noisy at the weekends but over the past year or so it feels like its turning into the Bronx. There has been an almost fatal stabbing, an armed holdup of a shop down the street and the punch ups outside pubs now seem a common occurence. And i live in one of the nicer areas of town.

I am also tempted to leave for another country. I really dont see what is going to change this cycle of social breakdown here.

Have you tried hitting them in the face with a hammer? That usually convinces folk to piss off and stop being a pain.

Were they English immigrants? It sounds like typical Anglo-Saxon behaviour.

Were they English immigrants? It sounds like typical Anglo-Saxon behaviour.

Surely if they are Anglo-Saxons then they are Danish and German immigrants?