House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehead

If Shtf Brit Butts Won't Come Up Smelling Of Roses

If you subscribe to the hemline indicator, you probably thought, as a society, we all got more drrrrty as the economy boomed. Actually, it seems the relationship is arsey-tarsey:

Telegraph 23 Oct 2010 Death of the bidet

Telegraph 25 Mar 2006 Return of the bidet is more than just a flash in the pan

Mike Smelt [ I sh!t you not ]of Armitage Shanks says the bottom has fallen out of bidet sales. This does not bode well for those who forsee our financial future as Japanese. There, oriental bottoms are, almost w/o exception, rinsed, perfumed and blow-dried, despite twenty years of economic constipation.

Many blame our crusty *rsed preference on the shoe-box sized bathrooms now being built by developers. However it would seem we'd rather have double sinks or wetrooms. Of course, anyone who has spent the odd evening in some of our nation's less celubrious venues, might be forgiven for thinking that the avergae Brit understands little of the subtle differences between, say, a wet room and a urinal, or for that matter, a bidet and a sink ....

Edited by Sledgehead

Many blame our crusty *rsed preference on the shoe-box sized bathrooms now being built by developers. However it would seem we'd rather have double sinks or wetrooms. Of course, anyone who has spent the odd evening in some of our nation's less celubrious venues, might be forgiven for thinking that the avergae Brit understands little of the subtle differences between, say, a wet room and a urinal, or for that matter, a bidet and a sink ....

In my first year student digs each room had a sink next to the bed. Big mistake - what WERE they thinking?

Wasn't a good idea to throw up into it though, as I found to my cost.

The other day I was talking to this bloke in the pub and he said, in all seriousness: "What's the point of that? It's like wiping your **** before you get into the shower."

general rule is debauched currency=debauched people.

problem being,that as with all energy systems,you cant hold a defecit without somebody else holding a surplus to balance it.

such imbalances can(and are) artificially created from time to time.

did not hitler say that if he could not conquer britain and the US militarily,he would do it economically?

...and along with the economic debasement,we have also has a subsequent rise in what would generally be considered unreasonable behaviour.

..just look at the amount of toxic waste on telly...you don't think kids get ill on a diet of audiovisual junk-food?

somebody else out there knows the score,and we are getting A LOT of warnings.

on my way to a sort-of local watering-hole this evening,I came across a fairly new and disturbing piece of graffiti.

it said, "imagine waking up tomorrow and all the music had disappeared"