House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wacko911

Buy My House?

Passed a poster in the car today (hand-written in black marker) attached to some traffic lights in portadown stating:

"Buy my house, I will pay your deposit. Call 0777XXXXXXXX".

Last time I seen anything like that was in florida back in April. Should have taken a photo, things must be getting desperate.

Edited by wacko911

Passed a poster in the car today (hand-written in black marker) attached to some traffic lights in portadown stating:

Last time I seen anything like that was in florida back in April. Should have taken a photo, things must be getting desperate.

Kylie must be getting desperate...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/newsletter/kylie-minogues-property

I seen this on my way back from Dobbin road (Clearways Metals) was heading home towards Belfast and stop at trafic lights and there it was. Has to be a real sign of the times...not good....or is it?

I'm in Portadown - I keep getting leaflets through the letterbox offering to buy my house for cash. I take it as a sign of desperation.

I'm in Portadown - I keep getting leaflets through the letterbox offering to buy my house for cash. I take it as a sign of desperation.

That's looking for desperate and stupid people. There was even a poster on here that wouldn't reduce their asking price enough but was considering 'taking it off the market and taking an offer from webuyanyhouse.com', its the ultimate in non-logic. I couldn't get my head around why people fall for this but won't drop their asking price to the same level (or higher as they don't have to pay profit for the buying company). Its like they view a private buyer as someone they are in competition with, but a company is just there to help them out.

That's looking for desperate and stupid people. There was even a poster on here that wouldn't reduce their asking price enough but was considering 'taking it off the market and taking an offer from webuyanyhouse.com', its the ultimate in non-logic. I couldn't get my head around why people fall for this but won't drop their asking price to the same level (or higher as they don't have to pay profit for the buying company). Its like they view a private buyer as someone they are in competition with, but a company is just there to help them out.

From that site....

Q: What do you mean "discounts to true market value"?

A: Estate agents have a tendency to have asking prices on properties far in excess as to what they are really worth. This is partly because people have an inflated view of the worth of their own home and partly because by giving a higher valuation they are more likely to get the business. At webuyanyhouse.com we calculate the true market valuation using actual comparable sales information and resources like the land registry. We then present this information to you in a full report on the property and it is for you alone to decide whether you want to sell it or not.

note the bit "At webuyanyhouse.com we calculate the true market valuation using actual comparable sales information and resources like the land registry" I'll bet they do ;):rolleyes: